Ratings for Dr. Alexander McEwan

I have been followed by Sandy MacEwan since 2006 through two thyroid/lymph node cancer surgeries & 1 radioactive iodine treatment. He is fantastic in his bedside manner, is caring (even when I'm not happy or upset), calms me down and helps me cope through all I've been through over the years. He always has time for me, is never rushed and always answers my questions. He welcomes my technical interest and advocation for myself through my disease and no matter how technical or the number of my questions, he will ensure that I understand the answer. At times I challenge him or ask about other options and always get a straight, thoughtful answer. I also appreciate that he is always attending and presenting at global conferences to keep up on research. I have nothing but positive comments about him (and the rest of the doctors and nurses in his practice). A great physician: we're so lucky to have him in Edmonton.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2015

I am in the medical field and I think that Dr. McEwan is a genius, for what it's worth.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I think this doctor has passed his prime. He is very grumpy and it's quite obvious he isn't interested in his work.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

I was eager to see him for my condition, but he was distracted. Maybe he is getting to old for this. It wasn't a very good experience.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

Dr. McEwan is the best doctor! I was going trough the tuffest time of my life. Dr. McKewan and is team made me feel a human, not a number! He was always available even with his very busy schedule! Was always making sure i was fine and follow me trough my path at the Cross Cancer Institute. He is aware of everything, and does a lots of research to make sure he doesn't miss on anything! He is the most carefull Doctor i ever meat!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

This man is the best. Helpful and caring and he is world class.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012

He is the best there ist and Edmonton is lucky to have him!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Dr. McEwan is one of the kindest, most caring people I have ever met. He also is a world class expert in thyroid cancer so he knows his stuff and will explain all the treatment options to you so you feel like you are part of your own care.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009