Ratings for Dr. Douglas E. Padgett

I had a hip replacement done by Dr. Padgett. He is very compassionate and a very skilled surgeon. He was very clear with his instructions, and his follow up was excellent. I was very hesitant to have the surgery, and did a great deal of research, including going to see some other surgeons. I selected Dr. Padgett and I have no regrets. I am going to have my other side done, and there is no question that I will return again to him.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I have complete confidence in Dr. Padgett and can recommend him without reservation. Dr. Padgett has been my surgeon for a right total hip replacement in 1998, a left total hip replacement in 2002, and revision surgery on my right hip in 2016. He is an extremely dedicated and conscientious surgeon - not just in the operating room, but pre and post-surgery. He has a wonderful bedside manner, will take the time to explain and answer all your questions, and respects your intelligence. Truly one of the good guys. I had two mishaps, both on holidays, where Dr. Padgett and his staff really came through for me. I popped my hip out of the socket on a Good Friday afternoon, called his office before the ambulance, and his staff directed me to the proper emergency room, told me what to do, and contacted Dr. Padgett. A+ for service in my book.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

From the first meeting with Dr. Padgett I was impressed with his knowledge and concern. He never rushed when discussing my procedure. After the surgery he visited in the hospital and again was willing to spend time addressing my concerns. I was driving a week after hip replacement. I pitched and putted three weeks after surgery, played nine holes the day of my six week exam and 18 holes two days later. I'm now six months out and playing golf and tennis three to four times a week. And I'm pain free! It's that result that counts most!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

Best orthopedic doctor!! Bedside manners are above and beyond and staff is helpful! Had a right total hip replacement in May of 2017 and everything went smooth from the doctor. He came to visit me everyday and was genuinely concerned about my well being. He answered all of my questions and was/is very pleasant to speak to. Highly recommend ⭐️⭐️⭐️!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Extreme rudeness and very full of himself

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

Doug Padgett replace my right hip. My first visit started off on the wrong foot but got better. I mentioned something about total hips replacement and partial. I told him I did a lot of research and given the tool I could probably do the job my self. Did he ever jump down my throat. He said I wrote that article etc. I was ready to get up and walk out. For what ever reason he changed his attitude in seconds and after that we got along fine. I guess there can be nothing more aggravating after spending years in school and practice to have someone who has read a few articles to run off at the mouth. He did a great job on my hip. Some times the public doesn't understand that these guys don't always engage in small talk. My last visit, 3 weeks ago for may pre knee replacement lasted about 5 minutes. The Dr. must have something else on his mind. I mean they are human just like the rest of us.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

he operated on me, double knee replacement. He was not friendly nor helpful in follow up visits when I was having pain.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

My mom has had both knees replaced by Dr. Padgett and has had recent surgery to repair a torn quad tendon. He is by far one of the best doctors for this type of surgery, and he respects the intelligence of his patients and their caregivers. I am grateful for his expertise and his talent as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

I had my hip done 2 years ago and going to have my other hip done in April. You could not find a better, more compassionate Dr. no matter where you look. Where other ortho Drs. spent a few minutes to consul, Dr. Padgett spent about a hour and asked me questions about everything pertaining to my lifestyle. Aftercare beyond what I have ever expereinced before. Again if you need a hip or knee, this is the Dr. to have do it

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

Excellent surgeon and usually pleasant. Near the end of an office exam, he left the room for a phone call and did not return, so I couldn't ask my questions- one of which was when would he have the results of my MRI. The office staff said the results would be ready in a few days and that I SHOULD CALL. I called twice after waiting 2 weeks. When the doctor called with the results, he jumped down my throat for calling his office and was not very nice. He needs to better direct his office staff and they need to relay proper information. I have no problem following directions.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

Dr. Douglas E. Padgett's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1982)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal