Ratings for Dr. Michael E. Bruce

I have recommended Dr. Bruce to my family and friends. He and his staff feel like family!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

I cannot in good conscience recommend this Dentist. Dr. Bruce lacks ethical prudence and charged the highest rate. The cap he installed fell out on one of my children, and he performed unnessary proceedures on another.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2015

I've been using this dentist for the last 25 years. He's fabulous: always on top of the latest science advances, very concerned about minimal discomfort, and eager to explain all the facts and the options. Both of my children have been his patients all of their lives. He or his staff will come in on the weekend to fix any emergency. I will ask him for a referral to HIS dentist when he retires -- that will be the 2nd best dentist in the state!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

I've been seeing Dr. Bruce for over 20 years. I've found him and his staff to be exceptionally professional and friendly. I've had nothing but positive experiences with all aspects of his professional services - including regular cleanings and consultations, cosmetic dental procedures, and cavity removal. I've never felt upsold or pressured to undertake any procedure. His office was prompt in forwarding my medical history and x-rays to another office when I was living out of the Santa Barbara area. I wouldn't hesitate to offer the highest recommendation of the office and its services.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2011

My 16 year old daughter went in alone to see Dr. Bruce. He diagnosed her with over 20 cavities. Dr Bruce performed 10 fillings before I could get a second opinion. I had a very dificult time getting her xrays from Dr. Bruce. When I finally got the xrays, I took my daughter to see two other dentists and they informed me, in writing that she did not have cavities where Dr Bruce stated in his treatment plan, and that the xrays did not show measurable decay where he put fillings except for one tooth. To exemplify his greed atop his dishonesty, He Spent one and a half hours putting in ten cavities and charged about $3,000.00 on top of the cost to diagnose and clean. I have posted a report on "Rip Off Report" and would be happy to discuss the details of this with anyone. The proof is in the xrays taken by Dr. Bruce DDS as well as the other Dr.Whom You are free to contact upon request. Tomdain

flag | Submitted February 6, 2009