Ratings for Dr. George G. Carothers

FOUND MY PROSTATE CANCER. PSA AND DIGITAL WAS NORMAL BUT MY BROTHER HAD PROSTATE CANCER AND DR SAID I WAS AT RISK AND HE SHOULD DO AN ULTRASOUND. FOUND SOMETHING HE DID NOT LIKE AND TOOK BIOPSIES WHICH SHOWED CANCER. THIS WAS VERIFIED BY JAMES CANCER CENTER IN COLUMBUS OHIO AND I RECEIVED RADIOACTIVE SEED INPLANTS WHICH WAS NOT POPULAR AT THAT TIME. DR CAROTHERS HAS BEEN FOLLOWING UP EVERSINCE AND IS VERY HELPFUL ABOUT OTHER PROBLEMS AND VERY EASY TO TALK TO ABOUT THE MOST PRIVATE CONCERNS. MY CANCER WAS MODERATELY AGRESSIVE AND WOULD NOT HAVE NORMALLY BEEN DISCOVERED IN TIME BECAUSE OF ALL OTHER FACTORS BEING NORMAL. THANK GOD FOR DOCTORS LIKE DR CAROTHERS.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

My husband had a reversal vasectomy done by Dr. Corothers. It was outpatient surgery done right in the office, with just a local anesthetic. I know it sounds awful but honestly, my husband was just fine. He didn't feel anything during the proceedure, and was pretty comfortable for the 2 hour drive back home. We are happy to say that the surgery worked and we are expecting our little miaricle in June. None of this would have been possible without Dr. Carothers. Very kind, informative, reasuring and reasonable. I deff. reccomend him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2009

i have seen this doctor twice the first time he did a procedure and i end-ed up in er a couple days later becuase i got an infection from unclean equipment. this past time i seen him of recently he looked and said that the er doctors are lying im healthy and he cant just make something up cause it wouoldnt hel[p him or i and he proceeded to write me a scrip for motrin 800mg. i told him i wanted a second opinion and i didnt recieve one from any one of the other doctors i seen there. not even another 3 days later i was back in er and im still dealing with te problems with my health and there nothing i can do about it. dont use him he wont help you if any thing he'll make it worse.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2009