Ratings for Dr. Tomas G. Antonini

Dr. A & Carolyn are amazing. I have to admit they’re a great team. As I’m reading some of these reviews, I don’t see anything negative about this office. They’re human beings and they make mistakes just as everyone does; however, my experience was AMAZING from the check-in to Check- our. I’d recommend this office to anyone. Thanks Dr. A for everything.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2019

Worst experience imaginable, drove over an hour after waiting a 2 months for my wife's appointment. The office staff was very rude and told the doctor that they felt threatened by me and falsely accused me of calling them an idiot which made the doctor come out an refused to see my wife as a patient. I don't know if it was because i am black and my wife Puerto Rican but when my wife asked about getting her debit card returned, the receptionist got an attitude and I guess me standing at the window waiting for her to run the debit card made her feel threatened. What ever the case may be, that was the worst service I have ever received from anyone. I understand the doctor taking his staff side but he refused to even listen to me and the ladies came out from behind the glass to record me while the doctor informed us that he would not be seeing my wife as a patient like I was going to start trouble. I feel very deep in my soul that I was just discriminated against just for being black. I spoke only when asked a question and nothing more. I stood at the window and waited till the lady ran my wife's card which she didn't do until my wife return from the restroom and handed directly to her. After that, the staff looked at me and made remarks about me. I guess black guys that are married to white or Hispanic lady's should stay outside of when you walk in go sit down right away.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2019

Did not provide a courtesy call for office cancellation. When I arrived at the office I was informed my appt was cancelled. I blocked out my entire morning to make the appointment and they couldn't even give me a notice the appointment was cancelled. Very poor staff.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2017

This doctor is a flirt and would make you feel uncomfortable with his exams, plus very incompetent, I had to have another 2 additional surgeries because to try and fix his mess.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr. Antonini, was an excellent referral from my pcp. During my annual women wellness checkup my pcp identified ultrasounds would be required. Upon review my uterus was enlarged as a 14wk pregnancy. I met with Dr. A and his staff 3 days later in which he was very methodical in identifying not only was my uterus enlarged from fibroid tumors, but I also had urinary incontinence. I thank him for listening to my concerns and providing various options. He gave me a piece of my life back and for that I will forever be grateful.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

I had symptoms of prolapse but I was not ever previously informed about the condition. At my first two visits the dr and staff were helpful and answered all my questions. I was very apprehensive about some testing and the PA walked me through an uncomfortable exam very nicely showing kindness and patience. The doctor is very down to earth articulate, and real. He took a quick call from his wife during our consult. I was so glad to witness him speaking to her on the phone for a second. I liked his polite manner and affection towards her. I am going to allow him to operate on me next month. Also the surgery scheduler made a mistake and forgot a paper, which caused me some worry. She readily admitted her mistake and apologized. These small windows into peoples' characters make me satisfied with the honest good intent and professionalism. The doctor is very expert in performing his exam. It is uncomfortable. He could have explained better what to expect in the initial exam.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

My wife and I have only recently started visiting this office. Dr. Antonini has appeared to be everything we hoped...knowledgeable, patient, a good communicator, and therefore increased our confidence and put as at ease more quickly than we thought possible. However, I am motivated to write this comment because of the poor communication and customer service we experienced with his office staff. We found one staff member condescending, abrupt, and unhelpful. It was unbelieveable to us that an office that deals with such intimate and sensitive health matters, could lack fundamental customer service skills I would more than get at Starbucks. We have not given up on Dr. Antonini as our physician of choice, but I hope our initial experience with his staff isn't indicative of what is to come.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

I find it difficult to find enough good words to say about this doctor. After my first exam, he spoke with my husband and me about, explaining options for handling the prolapse. I decided on the surgery and the whole process was very easy I had heard that Dr Antonini is the expert that other GYNs consult. Dr Antonini and Audrey are friendly yet professional and answered any questions I had. I like that he has me coming back for checkups of the surgery for a year to be sure that all is OK. I definitely recommend Dr Anronini to anyone with a prolapse problem.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Antonini and Audrey, and all the staff at their office. I was very nervous about the reconstruction surgery procedure because of negative things I had read on line concerning the mesh product, but when I explained my concerns to Dr. Antonini, he was extremely reassuring and gave me a complete description of the procedure and his expertise since it is his speciality. He followed up on every aspect and answered all of my questions and addressed my concerns in a gentle and professional manner, and my overall experience, from start to finish, was excellent. I recommend him to everyone who will listen! My friends have horror stories about their experiences with reconstruction with other doctors--I'm sorry they didn't have the privilege of being patients of Dr. Antonini.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

I also had a really great experience with Dr Antonini. He was gentle yet thorough with his exam, and I never felt like he was in a rush. I was nervous, but I felt reassured by the fact that he is a specialist who deals only with women's pelvic floor problems. After doing an exam and few tests he determined that I didn't even need surgery! How great to find an honest doc who has his patient's true interests at heart.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2010

Dr. Tomas G. Antonini's Credentials

• Univ Fed De Minas Gerais, Fac De Med, Belo Horizonte, Mg, Brazil (Grad. 1996)