Ratings for Dr. Josef Silha

I don’t know who the previous raters met, but Dr. Silha I saw is very good! Friendly, efficient, knowledgeable, took time to hear me out (even the ridiculous sounding concerns). Explained diffferential diagnoses, risks, treatment and management options. AND all of that on time! I was very happy with the care I received.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

I had been seeing him for 2 years, and then in passing one day he mentions that I have Hashimotos and Graves disease. No description of disease or any hope of treatment/ advise on what works best. Like others have mentioned, he is just trying to get you in and out, while only looking at your blood work and not really at you. I feel like he's just trying to squeeze as many patients as possible, a money grabber. Don't waste your time seeing him. If you have an auto immune disease he will NOT help you at all!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

I have moved around a lot, and have had many endocrinologists. I think Dr. Silha is a great doctor, and not just by Manitoba standards. I have sifted through the negative comments here. I do not agree at all. Dr. Silha has gone out of his way to help me, and has improved my life. About the wait times - the reality of the situation is that, if you want a good doctor in Manitoba, you are going to have to wait. The mood of the waiting room can get quite sour. Budget for the extra time. My last appointment was only 30 minutes late, though.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2018

Talk about the God syndrome. This man has it bad. Last appointment he just walked out of the room. No byes, nothing. He gets so mad when you don't take all the meds he needlessly insists you need. Im just so glad my GP said he would take over and spare me the pain of seeing his highness anymore.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

He will not address my concerns and just shakes his head and sighs when I ask about different medications for my hypothyroidism. He just doesn't seem to care. I certainly can't recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

Love Dr. Silha. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. His staff are the same. Dr. Silha also works VERY accommodating hours!! He cares a lot for his patients and certainly showed that he did for me. I owe a lot to him!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Don't waste your time with this guy! Go see a doctor that wants to help you!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

He seems to be quite knowledgeable and has decent bedside manner. He is quite helpful.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Dr Silha is extreemly knowledgeable. I have had diabetes for approximately 25 years and have had 3 endocrinologist prior to seeing Dr Silha when he was at the Assiniboine Clinic. Dr Silha was the only one to get my diabetes under control. A wonderful doctor with a great personality and sence of humor!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Very arrogant! What a waste of tax payer's money!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018