Ratings for Dr. Josef Silha

Very arrogant! What a waste of tax payer's money!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

I think he’s a great doctor, he takes my concerns seriously and he has been happy to give me any test I explain the need for. I think for the negative reviews, he just don’t like being asked questions he considers stupid. On a patients way out, I heard “he was angry because I asked how my (morbid) obesity caused diabetes” .... well.... I guess he thought that was something you could google instead of wasting his time on. He loves people who he can talk to candidly in my experience. Wait times are horrendous, often 2-3 hours in the afternoon. He tells me to come back in a month, and I have to wait at least 2-3 months for an appointment. He’s overloaded and his receptionist is too busy to care about whatever you ask her. He is though, a great endocrinologist that I feel lucky to have.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Silha for 3 years, every 6 months for suspected Cushings disease...he never once mentioned the word to me, a friend brought it up and when I researched I had every possible symptom. Last April I brought it up and he says that's what he's been testing me for. It's very hard to diagnose as I'm likely cyclical. He sends me off and says I'll see you in 6 months and has me do a bunch of tests before today's appointment. He asks how I've been since he last saw me and I proceed to tell him of how ill I've been and it is drastically affecting my quality of life. He says all my tests were normal . I ask him point blank if he's ever diagnosed anyone with Cushings? It's all down hill from here, he gets very nasty and tells me I don't have it and he stands up and in a snarl says I'm going to tell your GP and your surgeon you don't have Cushings. When I said it's very common to have lots of negative testing he just got madder and said he didn't want to see me anymore. My husband asked if she doesn't have Cushings what does she have? He said we don't know. I asked why he was so angry and he stomped out of the room. I just wish he'd done this sooner so I wouldn't have wasted 3 years of my life.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I think that Dr. Silha is a pretty knowledgeable doctor with a lot of experience but it's his people skills that made me run for the hills and switch endocrinologists. He comes from the old school where doctors were the utmost authoritarians and that is how he runs his practice like he's back in Czechoslovakia. He does not listen to his patients or have any patience for them. On the flip side he got me a much needed MRI that same month. There is the good and the less good to him. Very knowledgeable but the people skills are lacking Dr. Silha. With better people skills you would be a great doctor...until then.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

He changed man, he changed. He is so angry and arrogant now.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

I have never had a bad experience with this doctor. He is overloaded with patients (this is Manitoba for you) yet he still takes whatever time is necessary.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

True story. This doctor stormed out of the room and slammed the door on me and my daughter who was newly diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and was having a difficult time accepting her diagnosis ( no tears allowed in his clinic). Instead of taking the time to talk to us (that would cut into his $$$$ fee for service physician) he instead throws a temper tantrum because she answers a question wrong and then accuses her of lying about her blood sugars? I have to admit I was in absolute shock and instead of leaving and never going back again what I should have done was report him. We have since found an amazing endocrinologist that respects her patients and genuinely cares. I still can't believe that a doctor would act so child like in front of his patient and family member as it was so incredibly embarrassing to see this behavior from a so called professional and I hope he was just having a bad day and isn't like this with others.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Books approx. 10 to 12 folks an hour and spends 10 to 12 minutes with each - that's nearly 2 hours packed into 1 - but I guess that's how you make money rain in Manitoba's poor health system. Good knowledge and very helpful but appointment times are virtually meaningless - budget on 1.25 to 2 hour waits

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I have been to 4 or 5 diabetes doctors and never went back because of rudeness. Dr Josef Silha has been the only doctor I have stay with for 6 yrs now, he will tell you the truth and set you straight to get you back on track where you should be. I like him very much and know he is a very busy doctor, NO fooling around here!! never ever had a problem with the staff either. I appreciate and I am grateful for the advice and care he has given me.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017