Dr. Kevin Jackson

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kevin Jackson

This naturopath really helped me with lifelong eczema that was previously only helped with the use of steroid cream . My skin is the best it's ever been this after helping my husband with a prostate problem he had been dealing with for years. A plus plus

flag | Submitted February 13, 2019

Dr. Kevin has been our family doctor for over 20 years. Over that time he is the only doctor we've had that returns calls regularly and offers health solutions over the phone especially in emergency situations. He has changed our family's health on so many levels especially from a preventive perspective. We highly recommend him and many friends and family are also his patients and are similarly blessed with his help.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Dr Jackson knows more about health than any doctor or specialist I have dealt with here and overseas. As for women's health, he is exceptionally knowledgeable. I trust him with my whole family's wellness, an important asset in Victoria where doctors are hard to see.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2018

Gets right to the point and isn't afraid to make a diagnosis when no one else can come up with one. Doesn't send you out the door with an armful of supplements. I highly recommend him

flag | Submitted May 9, 2018

I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes 3 years ago and was using metformin to control it. I saw Dr Jackson about 1 year ago and he put me on a program that I have stuck to ever since. Three months ago I was able to stop the Metformin and my GP recently informed me that I am no longer diabetic.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

I've had inflammation in most of my joints for a number of years and no medical person has ever been able to help let alone diagnose what was happening. Kevin suggested what might be the cause and since I had nothing lose, followed his advice and here I am 5 months later completely symptom free. All I can say is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted January 2, 2018

Dr. Jackson is a game changer. His experience and knowledge is unparalleled. Fantastic bedside manner and does not waste your time and money with ludicrous supplements and nonsense. Hands down the best treatment I've ever had. Listen to him and do exactly what he says! It will change your life!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I was diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis (AS) last Feb 2016, had it for 23 years and didn't know it! It got so bad over the years that I was in pain almost every day, woke up with stiffness, and the outcome looked bleak. My Rheumatologist was preparing me for the path to Biological Drugs (BDs) since NSAIDs didn't work, and those around me who knew of others who had AS were either in their 40s/early 50s considering taking BDs or already on them. I figured at my age, mid 30s, I had about 10 years left before I had to make the hard decision on whether to start taking BDs (which have side effects at least 2 pages long including cancer and pneumonia) just so I'd be able to walk again/do gardening, etc. I was very depressed. I got desperate and by some miracle I met a woman, 64 at the time, who had AS (also IBS and diabetic) wasn't on any medications and experienced only a very rare/minor pain "once in a while." I asked her to please tell me her secret and she told me about Dr. Kevin Jackson. This man saved my life. On my first visit, I told him all my symptoms, some since my early teens and he matter of factly told me I had insulin resistance, testable with an Insulin Tolerance Test. My husband, who thought all NDs are "quacks" said if this guy knows what he's talking about go to our MD and get the test done. I went, told my MD all my symptoms and he said, "we use to call that hypoglycemia" dismissed my symptoms, said I didn't need to take the test since diabetes didn't run in my family. I went back to Dr. Jackson and he set me up to take the test at Life Labs. I failed and was diagnosed as pre-diabetic, on the way to Type 2 diabetes. This had been exacerbated over the years because I had to be on a strict gluten free diet because of DH (similar to celiac disease) which Dr. Jackson told me was a diet high in fat/carbs, i.e. high insulin triggering foods. Dr. J also told me that I'd experience radical weight loss on his diet. I thought "sure" as I had been thin all my life, only slowly became obese over the last 10 years eating GF and had tried everything with no permanent success to lose the weight. I had no idea that my insulin levels had been spiking all over the place, pretty much converting everything I ate into fat and I was either crashing or had "carb cravings" all the time. On Dr. J's diet I lost 72lbs in 10 months with the confidence and knowledge that I will never gain it back. I'm not on any medications or supplements, I no longer have any pain, wake up with no stiffness, and never have any stiffness as long as I do the arthritis stretching exercises by the Mary Pack Arthritis program before I do gardening, etc., and my diabetic symptoms I've had since my early teens are almost completely gone. I'm now able to read in a moving car or sit anywhere in a movie theatre, fast motion/3D, bring it! For the first time in my life able to watch the blurry fast parts with my eyes open and not nauseous! I hardly ever yawn or get car sick, have no "carb cravings" and my stomach, not my brain tells me when I'm hungry. I feel like I'm a new person getting used to the "new normal" and I don't feel like I even have arthritis anymore. My Rheumatologist thinks it's some sort of miracle and only wants to see me once a year and my husband is now a believer in Dr. J. It's like Dr. J says, arthritis is not something that can be "cured/managed" by supplements alone. You need to find the source of the inflammation and heal the gut. Basically commit to a lifestyle change. More needs to be done to prevent and treat the cause, not band-aid solutions trying to treat the symptoms. To have MDs tell me to my face that BDs will reverse AS (again there are no studies out there that prove this) or other health practioners pushing for BDs as they might reverse celiac disease is completely unacceptable and grounds for malpractice!! I'm not against MDs but they need to do their research and not be so quick to push pills! I very highly recommend Dr. Kevin Jackson and for those suffering from RA, AS or any other type of inflammatory arthritis seeing him is a must!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

BEST naturopath I have ever visited. I highly recommend Dr. Kevin Jackson to all!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr. Jackon is knowledgable, kind, and a great doctor. He takes the time to listen to your concerns. I was put on a diet that was very difficult to follow, since it took away alot of the things I had loved eating before. But these were the very things that were hindering my health, and when I stuck to the diet, I totally improved.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Kevin Jackson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine (Grad. 1996)
  • University of Alberta (Grad. 1980)