Ratings for Dr. Cory Turner

I called the office looking for test results. I received a call from the receptionist the following day telling me I had cancer. And provided me with a date for an operation. When I asked where, her response was "if you were listening you would have heard ". Heck lady, you just told me I have cancer.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

The Women's Washroom was being used by a Homeless Person who was washing her whole body,there was Water everywhere and the Toilets were plugged,I mentioned it to Dr Turners Staff.Ruby said it was none of Her Business.The Staff are Rude and Nasty with long wait times,but if you can tolerate that I think Dr Turner is very good and a Pleasent Doctor.I don't know why he hasn't fixed the situation with his Staff.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

I waited 2.5hrs before I reschedule. 2 next visit.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2018

Doctor was great, staff need people training, not sensitive to the worries clients have

flag | Submitted June 11, 2018

I waited for Dr. T for 2 1/2 hours. I missed a days work, because appointment time, 9:50. Did not leave his office until 12:32. Shocked at the total disarray of office scheduling, the rudeness of the staff to everyone who was present today, office was full. One poor girl almost missed her college exam due to his tardiness. What I also object to is the fact that after each patient he returns to his office (which is in between the 2 exam room) and calls his instructions to the 2 staff in the outer office waiting area. He is discussing patients information with his staff with the door wide open completely oblivious to the fact that the people in the waiting room can hear everything being said. I personally did not want to know about other peoples ailments, isn't this breach of confidentiality? Perhaps a complaint should be noted to the proper authorities. He is very pleasant to deal with, but crosses way too many boundaries for my liking. I will not be returning to this office again.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

When I was first referred to Dr Turner I was nervous to go after reading all the negative comments about him and his staff. I was PLEASANTLY surprised when I arrived at his office. His receptionist and nurse both treated me with kindness and respect. I was also happy with Dr Turner. He was knowledgeable, did not rush and took time to explain different treatment options. He was friendly and polite as well. O have now been back several times and have had a positive experience each time. The wait time is to be be expected and they are very upfront about it.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Ok so every comment here is accurate..the staff are the worse in the profession..Ruby seems to hate everyone..what I object to are the idiot signs..put your purse here...or only one body area at a time to be discussed..so the Dr can stay on time..OMG that is hilarious...Dr T almost seems challenged..he repeats things over and over..appears very disorganized..his technique poor at best ..especially with the liquid nitrogen..uses way more than necessary....didnt find him rough in examing me..just sad that this is a place where people with skin cancer have to go..come on Dr T wake up and treat your patients with respect..fire the staff and get some professional caring people in there..and I am sure OHIP would love to see his billing practice when it comes to rereferrals every 6 months for a patient he has treated before..not sure that is legal.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

The staff at Dr. Turners office (receptionist, nurse etc.) are unprofessional and rude. They are miserable. Perhaps because they have to work with Dr. Turner surrounded by his ignorance and belittling disrespect - if I had another dermatologist to go to, I would. Unfortunately Oshawa and surrounded area is limited for options. I’m considering travelling to Toronto so I do not have to interact with such horrible individuals. Most medical staff are grumpy and not always pleasant, but I assure you - the ones here are some of the worst. Definetley all divorced.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I am loathe to rate physicians because of the challenges they face in our inundated health care system. I will however rate this one. I am providing a terrible rating primarily due to the rudeness of his office administrator. I missed a follow up appointment two days ago because I incorrectly assumed there would be a reminder phone call, which in my experience most specialist's office do (given the length of time between appointments). This would have been my second visit to this office. Yes, I should have "put the pink card on my fridge". After being chastised, I asked what the next step was. "Pay the no show fee and then we'll book you another appointment". Having had skin cancer in the past, it is necessary to be followed regularly. Is there anyone who practices with compassion left in the medical community? I hope so. I won't go back to this office.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

There is a '3 best dermatologists in Oshawa' rating, which is posted online, yet there are (sadly) only FOUR in Oshawa, which translates as only one of them being excluded! and guess who is excluded? You guessed it...Dr. Turner BUT due to there only being four, this does NOT mean the other three are that great either and of note, three of these four are located at the Oshawa Clinic, one of whom I saw after experiencing Turner's horrendous bedside manner as well as his staff's nonexistent live answer, rudeness and extreme unprofessionalism; for e.g., a comment made ie "you got it Pontiac" (!) and lying ie advising she was going to respond to my (REPEAT due to NON response) voicemail the same day yet I waited FOUR MINUTES before the office closes so what do YOU think the probability is that she was actually going to do this?! So this left being seen by Dr. Tuppal BUT he would NOT see me due to me being seen by his two colleagues, which translates as REJECTING me due to NO FAULT OF MINE and instead due to his two horrendous COLLEAGUES; in other words Tuppal formed a negative, JUDGEMENTAL impression of me BEFORE EVEN SEEING ME, which therefore demonstrates bias and discrimination. So that leaves me with only one dermatologist available, who is NOT affiliated with Oshawa Clinic and who is fortunately THE best in Oshawa; otherwise, I would be left with ZERO dermatologists. Bottom line, Oshawa needs more than a mere four dermatologists, especially since Oshawa Clinic has not only 'cornered the market' on these specialists but they also ALLOW two out of their three to treat patients poorly and refuse patients to be seen by a different one (which begs the question why they allowed me to be seen by a different one once but not twice, which I suspect was due to the Clinic being AWARE of Turner's poor rating/bedside manner). I believe the Admin staff is hired by Oshawa Clinic vs the doc's themselves so complaints should be addressed to the Clinic's Hiring Manager vs passively online (RateMed, etc) as technically, staff complaints do not pertain to the docs themselves although I DO realize that patients must also put up with with poor staff. I have seen other doc's at this clinic, whose staff are also rude so poor staff appears to be an OVERALL issue at this clinic, which reinforces the need to address this issue with the Hiring Manager (and if she does nothing, escalation to someone who does care about patient satisfaction, ESPECIALLY since it reflects negatively on their DOCTORS. Remember folks, the more complaints, the more pressure placed on this clinic to be accountable.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018