Ratings for Dr. Cameron Oishi

And never ever completely abdicate responsibility for your health care by making your doctor the sole arbiter of your course of treatment, however persuasive or confident he or she may seem.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

he cut many very ill people from his practice. very irresponsible., he sent out hundreds of letters to even dying patients, who are now struggling to get another Dr. he has written untrue or mis-understood comments in medical files.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

I absolutely agree with the previous comment! This is what I wanted to write here for a long time. I would strongly recommend staying away from dr. Oishi.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

If you have any other options I would strongly recommend staying away from dr. Oishi. This fashionista cares more about his belt buckle, his boots and money (not necessarily in that order) than any of his patients. He takes care of his looks, I'll give him that. It is unfortunate that people with wrong goals and values end up in this field. Association in concert with universities need to do better screening of potential md applicants. Self absorbed people need to be screened out. As other people noted he does not get familiarized with your file before the meeting and doesn't remember his patients. It's the same experience as if you're meeting a new family physician every time. His advice is weak and ambiguous, and it's noticeable that the mind is pondering about something "more important" while he's talking with you. That doesn't inspire confidence. Disappointed...

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

no other words but AMAZING doctor!! Super amicable, calm, patience and very knowledgeable! His staff are amazing! Just good place!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Great Doctor ...I've been his patient for almost 2 years and he is very kind and takes the time to explain things in detail ..does not make You feel rushed ..answers all questions you may have...very knowlegable, good bed side manner..very professional... Yes he use to have longer hours ..but he is allowed to have a life outside of work...can't expect him to work 24/7

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

My elderly mother met with Dr. Oishi initially during her intake visit. Since that time she is being seen by a person she calls his "helper". Does anyone know who this health care provider might be? Is this person a RPN, a nurse practitioner or a physicians' assistant? Any information would be appreciated.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

He is my family doctor and I didn't make a mistake choosing him. He explains everything to you such as the pros and cons things about medicine and exams. Not like other doctors(not all of them) that they just give you the medicine and x ray without telling you the side effects. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HIM ☺

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have been Dr. Oishi's patient since his clinic opened on Wellington Avenue. Although I agree that it is a bit more challenging to get an appointment, I still find that he has been exceptional in providing timely, effective and compassionate clinical care. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Oishi and his team as my primary health care providers. I don't understand all the bad reviews. ! I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I had him as a family doctor for about a year. It was decent for a while but then there were a few disappointing appointments I had with him. Once I told him about an embarrassing symptom and he smirked at me. On a separate appointment another patient was trying to get a fast track 5 min appointment with him (which is incredibly intrusive and rushes him through appointments all the time, makes him really late, etc). The other patient was very pushy and he started yelling at her. It was extremely unprofessional and I did not appreciate having to wait while he fought with a patient outside. He's a good diagnostician... but he can be pretty unprofessional at times. I will no longer be seeking his care.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017