Ratings for Dr. Cameron Oishi

no other words but AMAZING doctor!! Super amicable, calm, patience and very knowledgeable! His staff are amazing! Just good place!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Great Doctor ...I've been his patient for almost 2 years and he is very kind and takes the time to explain things in detail ..does not make You feel rushed ..answers all questions you may have...very knowlegable, good bed side manner..very professional... Yes he use to have longer hours ..but he is allowed to have a life outside of work...can't expect him to work 24/7

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

My elderly mother met with Dr. Oishi initially during her intake visit. Since that time she is being seen by a person she calls his "helper". Does anyone know who this health care provider might be? Is this person a RPN, a nurse practitioner or a physicians' assistant? Any information would be appreciated.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2017

He is my family doctor and I didn't make a mistake choosing him. He explains everything to you such as the pros and cons things about medicine and exams. Not like other doctors(not all of them) that they just give you the medicine and x ray without telling you the side effects. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND HIM ☺

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I have been Dr. Oishi's patient since his clinic opened on Wellington Avenue. Although I agree that it is a bit more challenging to get an appointment, I still find that he has been exceptional in providing timely, effective and compassionate clinical care. I feel very fortunate to have Dr. Oishi and his team as my primary health care providers. I don't understand all the bad reviews. ! I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

I had him as a family doctor for about a year. It was decent for a while but then there were a few disappointing appointments I had with him. Once I told him about an embarrassing symptom and he smirked at me. On a separate appointment another patient was trying to get a fast track 5 min appointment with him (which is incredibly intrusive and rushes him through appointments all the time, makes him really late, etc). The other patient was very pushy and he started yelling at her. It was extremely unprofessional and I did not appreciate having to wait while he fought with a patient outside. He's a good diagnostician... but he can be pretty unprofessional at times. I will no longer be seeking his care.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

Dr.Oishi is the best doctor. But If you live to far he will rejected you. And now he doesn't accept anymore patients

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

I am experiencing an immediate cut from Dr Oishi's rooster. This is following a event surgery and having post-operative difficulties. I was in to see Dr Oishi last week and nothing was said. His actions are irresponsible. His office is in confusion. He could have lessen his workload over a period of time instead he seems to have abandoned all the principles that he outlined when I first became a patient

flag | Submitted December 1, 2016

I was one of Dr. Oishi's first clients. I was there a few days after renovations and moved my whole family from my old MD to his practice. Since then he seemed to get more and more unorganized. As my wife told him "your desk staff make or break you". They are broken. My last visit was a followup from a physical. he told me I had CANCER. not a great day. Then I get a letter in the mail saying that "do to personal reason" he needs to let me and my whole family go as patients. REALLY? I cant go back to my old doctor. he is not taking patients. I'm out in the cold. Very disappointed right now. This is when I need a family GP the most.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

Dr. Oishi's clinic started out very promising when we joined a couple of years ago. However, we have noticed a marked decline in the quality of patient interactions, service by his staff, and hours of operation. Dr Oishi no longer appears to have the time or desire to listen to his patients' concerns. There also seems to be a lack of continuity from one appointment to the next - he doesn't remember you or your history (not sure he takes the time to actually thoroughly read his own notes) and each symptom/visit is addressed individually rather than making connections to your previous medical history. His office hours are now so limited appointments are much harder to obtain and, when you can get one, they are at very inconvenient times. He used to open earlier in the morning and later in the afternoon - this was one of the draws of his clinic for us. Perhaps most disturbing is the poor office management. They have a missed appointment fee but rarely answer the phone and have no answering machine or email address for patients to use. I once tried calling numerous times over a 2 day period to notify them that I could not attend my appointment and was unable to reach a member of staff. At my next visit they tried to charge me for my "missed" appointment. Unacceptable! When you can reach a staff member they are often rude and unhelpful. Bottom line - stay away from this clinic.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016