Ratings for Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer

Dr. Zornitzer has successfully performed a complicated surgery on my right hand (multiple pins inserted), treated me for one torn tendon, and one fractured finger over the past three years. This is my first and probably last review I will ever write but felt compelled to do so based on how great he performed. In addition to the nicest medical staff I’ve ever dealt with. David Younger Senior Managing Partner & Co-Founder Acaciawood Consulting

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Dr. Zornitzer was very professional, spent as much time with me as I needed to understand the process and assess the problem. He reviewed the medical information together so I could understand the issue. I never felt hurried or disregarded. The staff was efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Zornitzer was very straightforward and helpful in assessing and treating my problem. From the first phone call through the surgical process he and his staff made my experience smooth and as pleasant as possible. If I ever have need of a hand surgeon in the future I will certainly work with him again. I recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Fantastic surgeon. He took his time to explain the problem and possible solutions, mentioning surgery as an absolute last resort. I ended up having surgery and he was fantastic. Surgery was successful. Great bedside manner. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had been having pain in my hands for several years and had several cortisone injections which worked only temporarily to alleviate the pain. My orthopedist, Dr David Loya, had said that eventually I might have to see a hand surgeon, and that time had come. So I made an appointment with his colleague, Dr. Matthew Zornitzer. The name Zornitzer sounded familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it. When I finally met him, he introduced himself as my former student! Then it all came back to me. Matt Zornitzer was one of my all-time top students in my 38-year career as a chemistry teacher. I instantly felt I was in the right hands. I knew this man well. I knew his character, his intellect, and his work ethic. My trust in him was well founded. Although he is a surgeon, he advised a more cautious approach and at his suggestion we tried a course of cortisone injections. These gave relief, but unfortunately it did not last. I was a definite candidate for surgery. The two operations he performed on my hands for carpal tunnel syndrome have worked out quite well. The profound pain that would wake me in the middle of the night, and keep me up for hours, is completely gone. I’m still healing and occasionally have some slight soreness, but it’s been only two months since the second operation. The first hand is back to nearly full strength. The second hand is back about 90 percent. I’m right on track for a full recovery. You would be hard pressed to find a more skilled and caring hand surgeon than Dr. Zornitzer.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

We have had 3 different family members require the surgical services of Dr. Zornitzer. From the initial consultation to the post-op visits, Dr Zornitzer has been nothing short of professional, caring and most important a true expert in his field. He meticulously explains everything from what the injury has caused to what the surgery will consist of, to what will be expected during the recovery period. We believe the best recommendation comes from word of mouth and Dr. Zornitzer has ours.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Excellent doctor & staff! He explained everything very well and the office staff was very flexible.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. He is an excellent hand surgeon. He is knowledgeable and professional. He listens to you and doesn't rush you out the door. I never waited more then five minutes to see him and his staff is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

He a great Doctor he explains things to you so you understand and also tells the truth about what could go wrong or not I call serval times and he got right back to me and he staff is great and to get a surgery around my time was a bonus fast a very little pain i had barley no scaring i had three thing done on one hand i see nothing bad here totally recommend him for sure

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

After hurting my back, I called around to find a doctor who could treat me. Several people suggested I see Dr. Zornitzer and I was quite glad I did. Dr. Zornitzer was able to squeeze me in and see me the same day. Dr. Zornitzer was not only knowledgeable and thorough, but he was caring--something you don't always see today.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer's Credentials

• Spanish

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in West Orange, NJ