You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer

Dr. Zornitzer was very professional, spent as much time with me as I needed to understand the process and assess the problem. He reviewed the medical information together so I could understand the issue. I never felt hurried or disregarded. The staff was efficient and friendly. I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Dr. Zornitzer was very straightforward and helpful in assessing and treating my problem. From the first phone call through the surgical process he and his staff made my experience smooth and as pleasant as possible. If I ever have need of a hand surgeon in the future I will certainly work with him again. I recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Fantastic surgeon. He took his time to explain the problem and possible solutions, mentioning surgery as an absolute last resort. I ended up having surgery and he was fantastic. Surgery was successful. Great bedside manner. Would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

I had been having pain in my hands for several years and had several cortisone injections which worked only temporarily to alleviate the pain. My orthopedist, Dr David Loya, had said that eventually I might have to see a hand surgeon, and that time had come. So I made an appointment with his colleague, Dr. Matthew Zornitzer. The name Zornitzer sounded familiar, but I couldn’t quite place it. When I finally met him, he introduced himself as my former student! Then it all came back to me. Matt Zornitzer was one of my all-time top students in my 38-year career as a chemistry teacher. I instantly felt I was in the right hands. I knew this man well. I knew his character, his intellect, and his work ethic. My trust in him was well founded. Although he is a surgeon, he advised a more cautious approach and at his suggestion we tried a course of cortisone injections. These gave relief, but unfortunately it did not last. I was a definite candidate for surgery. The two operations he performed on my hands for carpal tunnel syndrome have worked out quite well. The profound pain that would wake me in the middle of the night, and keep me up for hours, is completely gone. I’m still healing and occasionally have some slight soreness, but it’s been only two months since the second operation. The first hand is back to nearly full strength. The second hand is back about 90 percent. I’m right on track for a full recovery. You would be hard pressed to find a more skilled and caring hand surgeon than Dr. Zornitzer.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2016

We have had 3 different family members require the surgical services of Dr. Zornitzer. From the initial consultation to the post-op visits, Dr Zornitzer has been nothing short of professional, caring and most important a true expert in his field. He meticulously explains everything from what the injury has caused to what the surgery will consist of, to what will be expected during the recovery period. We believe the best recommendation comes from word of mouth and Dr. Zornitzer has ours.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. He is an excellent hand surgeon. He is knowledgeable and professional. He listens to you and doesn't rush you out the door. I never waited more then five minutes to see him and his staff is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

He a great Doctor he explains things to you so you understand and also tells the truth about what could go wrong or not I call serval times and he got right back to me and he staff is great and to get a surgery around my time was a bonus fast a very little pain i had barley no scaring i had three thing done on one hand i see nothing bad here totally recommend him for sure

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

After hurting my back, I called around to find a doctor who could treat me. Several people suggested I see Dr. Zornitzer and I was quite glad I did. Dr. Zornitzer was able to squeeze me in and see me the same day. Dr. Zornitzer was not only knowledgeable and thorough, but he was caring--something you don't always see today.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

In January 2015 I broke my hand. The emergency medical center recommended I find a hand specialist fast! Thankfully, The Center For Orthopedics in West Orange was not only very conveniently located but they were able to give me an appointment the next day. Dr. Zornitzer is an excellent hand surgeon, extremely experienced and knowledgeable in his field and very professional. In fact, the entire Center For Orthopedics is a very efficient, well-run organization from top to bottom. He performed the operation a few days after my first visit and now 10 months later, the bone is perfectly healed thanks to his surgery and he prescribed physical therapy. I just had my last follow-up appointment with him yesterday, 10/28/2015. My handhas excellent range of motion and I consider myself very fortunate that he was my doctor throughout the entire process. When my 8-year-old son fractured his wrist on July 4th we immediately entrusted all my son's follow up care to Dr. Zornitzer. My son is now back in Tae Kwon Do and totally back to his normal activities. I highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer for any hand injury or problem, especially if it requires surgery. Ed Gaffney, Verona, NJ

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer's Credentials

• Spanish

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zornitzer was very professional, spent as much time with me as I needed to understand the process and assess the problem. He reviewed the medical informati..."

April 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Zornitzer was very straightforward and helpful in assessing and treating my problem. From the first phone call through the surgical process he and his staf..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic surgeon. He took his time to explain the problem and possible solutions, mentioning surgery as an absolute last resort. I ended up having surgery and ..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had been having pain in my hands for several years and had several cortisone injections which worked only temporarily to alleviate the pain. My orthopedist,..."

February 29, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We have had 3 different family members require the surgical services of Dr. Zornitzer. From the initial consultation to the post-op visits, Dr Zornitzer has bee..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor & staff! He explained everything very well and the office staff was very flexible."

February 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. He is an excellent hand surgeon. He is knowledgeable and professional. He listens to you and doesn't rush you out the d..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He a great Doctor he explains things to you so you understand and also tells the truth about what could go wrong or not I call serval times and he got right bac..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After hurting my back, I called around to find a doctor who could treat me. Several people suggested I see Dr. Zornitzer and I was quite glad I did. Dr. Zorn..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In January 2015 I broke my hand. The emergency medical center recommended I find a hand specialist fast! Thankfully, The Center For Orthopedics in West Oran..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Matthew earlier this year because I broke two bones in my wrist, including my scaphoid bone, which is difficult to heal. He is a busy guy, but was very f..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Diagnosis of a broken wrist and radius. Recommended surgery and explained the situation. Sensitive to other ailments that I had. Saw me frequently after the sur..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw DR. Zornitzer for a broken finger he and his staff were very professional and he was very patient with me and all my crazy questions. I would highly recom..."

September 16, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=883284'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 6, 2014