You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer

I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. He is an excellent hand surgeon. He is knowledgeable and professional. He listens to you and doesn't rush you out the door. I never waited more then five minutes to see him and his staff is also wonderful.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

He a great Doctor he explains things to you so you understand and also tells the truth about what could go wrong or not I call serval times and he got right back to me and he staff is great and to get a surgery around my time was a bonus fast a very little pain i had barley no scaring i had three thing done on one hand i see nothing bad here totally recommend him for sure

flag | Submitted January 15, 2016

After hurting my back, I called around to find a doctor who could treat me. Several people suggested I see Dr. Zornitzer and I was quite glad I did. Dr. Zornitzer was able to squeeze me in and see me the same day. Dr. Zornitzer was not only knowledgeable and thorough, but he was caring--something you don't always see today.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2015

In January 2015 I broke my hand. The emergency medical center recommended I find a hand specialist fast! Thankfully, The Center For Orthopedics in West Orange was not only very conveniently located but they were able to give me an appointment the next day. Dr. Zornitzer is an excellent hand surgeon, extremely experienced and knowledgeable in his field and very professional. In fact, the entire Center For Orthopedics is a very efficient, well-run organization from top to bottom. He performed the operation a few days after my first visit and now 10 months later, the bone is perfectly healed thanks to his surgery and he prescribed physical therapy. I just had my last follow-up appointment with him yesterday, 10/28/2015. My handhas excellent range of motion and I consider myself very fortunate that he was my doctor throughout the entire process. When my 8-year-old son fractured his wrist on July 4th we immediately entrusted all my son's follow up care to Dr. Zornitzer. My son is now back in Tae Kwon Do and totally back to his normal activities. I highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer for any hand injury or problem, especially if it requires surgery. Ed Gaffney, Verona, NJ

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I saw Matthew earlier this year because I broke two bones in my wrist, including my scaphoid bone, which is difficult to heal. He is a busy guy, but was very friendly with me and patiently explained all my options. He didn't pressure me to do anything, just explained the options. I elected for the surgery so I could get back on my bike as soon as possible. This injury is particularly serious for me because I'm a professional percussionist, so quite literally I was putting my career in Matthew's hands. He did a great job with the surgery and the follow-up appointments and now four months later I'm back on the bike and back to playing drums and percussion with no problems. He definitely knows his stuff.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

Diagnosis of a broken wrist and radius. Recommended surgery and explained the situation. Sensitive to other ailments that I had. Saw me frequently after the surgery and during hand therapy over four months. Then discharged me with advice on how to manage my wrist and arm.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

I saw DR. Zornitzer for a broken finger he and his staff were very professional and he was very patient with me and all my crazy questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

I was in the office 2 hrs. The first group in the waiting room totaled about 20 people, they were treated and left and another 20 poured in. I sat there watching this until I finally went up and asked why I wasn't called. I was told I was 15 min early so they wouldn't be calling me until then. I said Im here to fill out paperwork and if a patient comes in 15 min late rather than early they'll go ahead as well and the moron said yes. I got inside, Dr Z came in, attitude, horrible personality, they xraye my hands, i sat there until they came in 15 min later and asked if i had my xrays. Finally, he said I can't see a fx of your finger but I'll X-ray again in 2 weeks. like hell he will. I'm going to follow up with somebody else. When I left I was the only person there, 40 people came and went. I had been to this office before 4 years ago, hated it the first time, will not go back.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2014

I saw Dr. Zornitzer for acute shoulder pain in both shoulders for a couple months and numbness in both hands that developed over 3 days. After a 5 minute eval, Dr. Zornitzer diagnosed me with bursitis in both shoulders and carpal tunnel in both hands. I questioned the diagnosis as it seemed too coincidental to me to develop 4 problems at the same time and he basically blew me off saying it would have started sometime. He gave me cortisone for pain and prescribed 12 weeks physical therapy. I have since seen another doctor that ruled out both diagnosis and instead discovered my shoulder blades were the cause of the problem putting pressure on my muscles and nerves. After one physical therapy session to correct my shoulder blade positioning and recondition the muscles in my shoulders, my pain is significantly lessened. The numbness in my hands is gone.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Zornitzer by my primary care physician, I had a trigger finger. Dr. Zornitzer is kind, but most importantly he is very knowledgeable and FIXED my problem. I was very nervous to come to the appointment because I know I would be receiving an injection. Dr. Zornitzer was very patient and made me feel comfortable and relaxed. As unpleasant as an injection is Dr. Zornitzer and his staff made it as pleasant as possible. I recommend him to all of my friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Dr. Matthew H. Zornitzer's Credentials

• Spanish

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I would highly recommend Dr. Zornitzer. He is an excellent hand surgeon. He is knowledgeable and professional. He listens to you and doesn't rush you out the d..."

February 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He a great Doctor he explains things to you so you understand and also tells the truth about what could go wrong or not I call serval times and he got right bac..."

January 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After hurting my back, I called around to find a doctor who could treat me. Several people suggested I see Dr. Zornitzer and I was quite glad I did. Dr. Zorn..."

December 11, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In January 2015 I broke my hand. The emergency medical center recommended I find a hand specialist fast! Thankfully, The Center For Orthopedics in West Oran..."

October 29, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw Matthew earlier this year because I broke two bones in my wrist, including my scaphoid bone, which is difficult to heal. He is a busy guy, but was very f..."

October 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Diagnosis of a broken wrist and radius. Recommended surgery and explained the situation. Sensitive to other ailments that I had. Saw me frequently after the sur..."

October 21, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I saw DR. Zornitzer for a broken finger he and his staff were very professional and he was very patient with me and all my crazy questions. I would highly recom..."

September 16, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=883284'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 6, 2014