Ratings for Dr. Mauro Leo

I saw Dr. Leo at Franklin Square Hospital. Dr. Leo's bedside manner is, by far, the worst that I have ever experienced. I was referred to him in 2009 for a high-risk, twin pregnancy. He proceeded to berate me for not coming to him sooner, even though my doctor had just discovered the condition. Then, he told me that the prognosis was horrible and that one or both of my babies would probably die. After hearing the news, I began to cry. Dr. Leo commented that I was no longer listening and that he would step out for a moment. I left and never returned. I found another, far superior doctor at another hospital and delivered two healthy babies. I would NEVER recommend Dr. Leo to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Dr. Leo is a very caring, humane, attentive physician. His manners are the ones of a true gentleman. Moreover, his clinical expertise and knowledge are outstanding. He always quotes the most recent literature and he always explains the reasons of his recommendations and actions. He is also a modest, unassuming person: a breath of fresh air when compared to most doctors, usually arrogant and with attitudes. He is a great obstetrician.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2011

Dr. Mauro Leo cared for me at the University of CT Medical Center. He is extremely brilliant. He wasn't there when I delivered my fourth child Emily. I was heart broken.He had moved to NY. To be in his care makes you truly blessed.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

the hospital staff is wonderfull they are the most friendly people i ever seen working in a hospital!! but mauro,leo the hospitals perinatologist he lacks bedside manners! he was very rude to me at some point in time he asked me if i was stupid and kicked me out of his care.luckily the hospital just got another perinatologist

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

Dr. Mauro Leo's Credentials

• Hindi

• Univ Di Genova, Fac Di Med E Chirurgia, Genova, Italy (Grad. 1979)