Ratings for Dr. Peter Black

Dr. Black is amazing.! He is approachable, humble and his surgical skills are superior. He will answer all your questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr Black runs a school for doctors from all over the world and if you get treated by a new student you may be S.O.L. just like I was. The choice is not yours to make. I had one excellent treatment and one terrible bad treatment in a long series of aggressive bladder cancer treatments. The bad one was performed by a Dr. who had never done it before (so he said), was very clumsy, painful and was followed by high grade fever and kidney problems. I than returned to my local urologist and had my bladder removed very successfully.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

A very knowledgeable and talented doctor with an exceptional patient-doctor attitude. For such an experienced doctor at the top of his profession, I find him to be unusually pleasant, patient, and willing to explain things in layperson;s language.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Black performed an RPLND on my son. This is a difficult surgery that very few urologists can do. He was amazing. He is a Rock Star, in my opinion. Vancouver is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

This wonderful man is a "Great Doctor". Dr Black gave me back my health and happiness were others had failed me. I am forever greatful.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Top drawer surgeon/uro-ocologist, fine man, very humble. He removed the part of my kidney with the cancer in it, reconstructed it (bolsters)using a laparoscope. A closed partial nephrectomy. I understand was a leader, on the vanguard of doing closed partial nephrectomies for large tumours >4<7cm tumours. Well done. As partials are longer and more technically challenging operations. It is a fine surgeon who has the extra training and takes the extra time to leave you that extra partial kidney. If your cancer surgery is assigned to Dr. Black you truly are in the best hands you could hope to ne.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

18 months with neo- bladder and life is good thanks DOC to you and your staff!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Fantastic Dr. and surgeon. very thorough and told my wife and I exactly what was happening . Followed up at least once a month after I went home.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr Black went above and behind to make sure I received the best treating and followed up when I had to see another Specialist

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014