Ratings for Dr. Peter Black

Dr. Black performed an RPLND on my son. This is a difficult surgery that very few urologists can do. He was amazing. He is a Rock Star, in my opinion. Vancouver is lucky to have him.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

This wonderful man is a "Great Doctor". Dr Black gave me back my health and happiness were others had failed me. I am forever greatful.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

Top drawer surgeon/uro-ocologist, fine man, very humble. He removed the part of my kidney with the cancer in it, reconstructed it (bolsters)using a laparoscope. A closed partial nephrectomy. I understand was a leader, on the vanguard of doing closed partial nephrectomies for large tumours >4<7cm tumours. Well done. As partials are longer and more technically challenging operations. It is a fine surgeon who has the extra training and takes the extra time to leave you that extra partial kidney. If your cancer surgery is assigned to Dr. Black you truly are in the best hands you could hope to ne.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

18 months with neo- bladder and life is good thanks DOC to you and your staff!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Fantastic Dr. and surgeon. very thorough and told my wife and I exactly what was happening . Followed up at least once a month after I went home.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr Black went above and behind to make sure I received the best treating and followed up when I had to see another Specialist

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Black is the best!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

I went to see Dr. Black to confirm a diagnosis that another doctor had already made, and without having any of my medical records or films, he simply said that there was nothing wrong with me. I'll be getting a second opinion, probably from the doctor I went to to begin with. I don't know if his abruptness or his lack of bedside manner is what has really put me off, but he gave me the distinct impression that I was wasting his time and I have say sadly, the feeling is mutual.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

Dr. Black is an outstanding surgeon and I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013