Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Hollander

I have been going to Dr. Hollander for over 25 years...yes at times he is arrogant, but he knows what he is doing. Behind all that arrogance is a caring loving man...and a terrific doctor.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

I completely disagree that Dr. Hollander has a god complex. He is clear, thorough, and doesn't prescribe meds for no reason. He doesn't jump to surgery and covers all bases. His office staff is excellent and always willing to accommodate schedules. They even called me ahead when we had an emergency surgery. He doesn't sugar coat and gives you information clearly and accurately.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Hollander was great he diagnosed me got me in physical therapy and saved me from having surgery.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I am in total agreement with the comments of 09/11...I don't believe I have ever been to a more arrogant Dr. In my life...was uninterested in my complaints, rushed me out of his office. I felt that his only interest was billing my insurance co. For totally unreasonable amounts of money for a simple office visit...I believe that would be called fraud. Also, his staff seems to have the same attitude as their employer...very unhappy

flag | Submitted September 22, 2011

Yes, may have a god complex but he knows his stuff. I saw him for a shoulder injury and he did not want to rush me off to surgery. I came to him for a second opinion and felt that he listen to my concerns. My first Dr. wanted to cut me open that week. With rest and pt I never had surgery and it has been 3 years.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Does not have upfront fees. Office staff will bill outrageous amounts for a 10 minute visit. If you must go, negotiate fees upfront or it's a hassle later.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2009

Dr. Michael Hollander is the rudest, most arrogant man I have ever met. He definitely has a god complex.He refused to explain anything, and acted like I was bothering him. I told him I was in pain, and he immediately made me feel as if I were being a whiner. Then he canceled my surgery without explaining why. I asked when I should come back. He said "when you get better." I was stunned by how he treated me. I found a doctor who listened, explained and who treated me like a human being. I asked if he knew who Dr. Hollander was, and he said he used to practice with him. I told him the story. He just quietly said,"Yea, he can be pretty moody." That's an understatement! I have met five people since who have similar stories. This man is a nightmare!! He may be a competent surgeon, but he is a horrible human being.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2009

Has a great bed side manner. Very careing and will do every thing before he would recomend surgery. Listens to you and with deep concern. Has been able to cure me from the arm and shoulder problems I had with out surgery. i would suggest him to every one.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2009

Very caring, very personable. Knows his stuff. Great doctor. Rebuilt my shoulder, but didn't rush me off to surgery until he was sure this was the right course. I couldn't recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

Dr. Michael J. Hollander's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Encino, CA