Ratings for Dr. Esther Sarid

I started seeing Dr. Sarid a little over a year ago (as far as I can remember). I had Major Depression, Anxiety and Panic Attacks. It took over a year to find the right combination (or what is referred to a "cocktail" to have these symptoms subside. When I was hopeless, she provided encouragement; when I was crying she promised me that I would be ok. In the worst of my illness she would call me on the weekends or after the work day ended to check in to make sure I was ok. I can't express how helpful this way to have someone (a psychiatrist) who was and is so attentive. God Bless her - We found the cocktail together - I have my life back. God Bless her.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I went to Dr. Sarid with high hopes because I wanted help with problems, not mediation. She did not disappoint. As a psychiatrist, she has ALWAYS taken the time to listen. She takes notes, but she also remembers what you say, and makes lots of connections across sessions and challenges me to think about issues in different ways. For me that "critical friend" style feedback is really helpful. I think what really surprised me most (in a positive way) is what a competent physician Dr. Sarid is. She listens and picks up on things, but she also notices changes or peculiarities with respect to physical health - and then actually takes the time to follow up with your GP or refer you to other doctors if necessary. I certainly did not expect that from a psychiatrist based on friends' experiences, but it has been a huge help in attempting to achieve wellness. I like that she does not separate the mental/cognitive from the physical, and i think over time, I have a chance at some major positive changes in my life. I'll always be grateful to Dr. Sarid for immense help in moving me forward.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Shes amazing. She helped me so much. I can't explain more, except the past two years, I could not have survived without her. she is so caring. She might not seem so at the beginning but don't let that fool you. She is such a great doctor. She helped me through post partum depression from my first child, and all the way through my pregnancy of my second, and just keep supporting me. Amazing professional. I can t say enough good things.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

I noticed the hair twirling a lot too. Also would eat lunch during my appointments - very distracting

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

I came to see Dr. Sarid with severe depression in all aspects of my life. She treated me with great human dignity and respect. Dr. Sarid's listening, understanding and helping makes sense and has been very beneficial to me. 5 stars in all areas is my top rating for Dr. Sarid.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

My husband and mother passed away in the same year and this doctor had no effective way of helping me heal my sadness and help me to put my Life back in order. Her answer was medication and we all know that is just a temporary bandage for the situation i was in. I sat there in silence week after week because she did not know how to ask questions that would help me talk and heal. Ineffective.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2013

Dr. Sarid is a very caring physician. I began to see her due to issues related to OCD and obsessive/addictive tendencies, and she was a huge help. I appreciate her no nonsense approach to mental health. She's not there to give you a hug - she's there to help you get on with your life on a new and better path. She's very good.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2013

Dr.Sarid goes above and beyond to help.Any time I have needed her she always makes time to see me. If I have been having a particularly bad time,she phones to see how I am doing.I can't thank her enough for the help and understanding that she provides to me.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2012

this doctor is cold as ice. She just sits there and takes notes and never gives any constructive advice even when asked. Most of the time she just stares and twirls her hair. Find another doctor if you need therapy

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

Esther Sarid is a really great doctor. She lets you speak most of the time because sometimes when you just talk about the issue with someone you figure out the solution on your own. A good doctor should not give you their opinion - the should provide you with the tools to make your own.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2010