Ratings for Dr. Anne B. Shrout

I have been a client of Dr. Shrout since 2007. She perform an mynomectomy in 2009 and then in she delivered my daughter via c-section. She is the best doctor I've ever encountered. She smart, kind and knowledgeable. I always ask her what she would do given the same situation, and she always gives it to me straight! I adore her, and will follow her to any practice as long as she's practicing medicine.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2015

Unfortunately every interaction I had with Dr. Shrout was unpleasant. I had a complication while pregnant and she was dismissive and did not listen to my concerns, which resulted in delays in diagnosis and subsequent treatment. Overall I was very disappointed with the care I received and will not be returning.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Shrout's for about 5 years. Dr. Shrout is a top OB/GYN, especially if you are a high risk case. She balances over-intervention with appropriate care and concern, and gives plenty of time to discuss all of your concerns and speaks to you in a way that is compassionate and helps you understand complicated medical conditions. With my daughter, she provided pre conception counseling to my husband and me, since I had a high risk pregnancy previously (my 6 year old son) and had a history of miscarriages. She provided accurate advice & helped me conceive my daughter.Dr. Shrout provided continuity of care throughout my pregnancy, consulted experts as needed, and ultimately coordinated my care in a knowledgable, compassionate, and thorough manner. In addition to providing virtually all of my care, she also delivered my daughter, respecting my desire to avoid a C-section, verting her in the OR after she turned transverse so that I could deliver vaginally.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2014

Dr. Shrout is a wonderful physician. A friend recommended her when I moved to the area, and I have been very pleased each time I have have seen her. Her office is nice, and I didn't have to wait too long to be taken to the exam room. I found her friendly and willing to take the time to answer all of my questions regarding medications that I am taking. Very nice office staff too. highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

I used to be a patient of Cara Simmonds, who was absolutely wonderful. When she left the practice, I start going to Dr. Shrout. She's all business and does not have any great bedside manner. When I encountered a problem with my mammography and needed a biopsy, it was a full week after the procedure before I heard from the office with the results, not her personally. Luckily the dr. who did the procedure tracked me down to give me the results. I was so upset that Dr. Shrout couldn't call me personally. And when I expressed my disappointment to the staff person calling, I was told that is office policy. Then Dr. Shrout left me a harsh message that the doctors don't call with results. Well, having had a problem with my first mammogram and then having to have a biopsy, I was scared to death. And she certainly didn't help the situation. I never went back to her.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2009

She was very supportive and eventhough they were behind schedule she took her time and when delivering my son, she talked me through everything. You can tell how much people like her by looking at her wall of babies!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

Dr. Anne B. Shrout's Credentials

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD