Ratings for Dr. Gordon Dandie

Incredibly fortunate to have this man as my neurosurgeon. He has excellent bedside manner and actually listens to his patients

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

In June this year I new I was in serious trouble as I was losing the ability to use my legs . Then I was lucky enough to get in to see Gordon Dandie . While my own private fear was that I was on a very slippery slope downhill , Gordon quickly diagnosed my problem with pressure on my spinal cord ,and said he could help ,and gave me the utmost confidence in his ability to do the job .. I was able to be operated on about 8 days later and thanks to his skill and the excellent fellow workers in Scott Minto and co ,I walked out of hospital 6 days later much better than I walked in . It's not very often you get a second chance at getting your life back , but thanks to Gordon I have . His office staff were extremely helpful once they knew my case was marked urgent and Westmead staff were wonderful . A five out of five from me --but probably deserves more .

flag | Submitted July 5, 2018

My wife had a massive near fatal aneurysm in Aug 2016. Dr Dandie and his team worked for 4 months and 21 operations to save her life. They were patient caring and professional. My wife is not only alive, which in itself is amazing, but is now walking 2.5 kms per day. So thankful for Dr Dandie's care.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Just over 2 weeks since my Lumber Laminectomy (L3-S1) and I am totally blown away by the results. Went into theatre with a pain level at 10, coming out totally pain free. Am now walking for at least 30 mins twice daily and it feels so wonderful to be pain free. I cannot thank Dr Dandie enough for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

Dr Dandie is everything that a patient experiencing debilitating back injury and pain could hope for, and more! I cannot speak too highly of his skill as a neurosurgeon - he gave me my life back (a successful lateral interbody fusion of L4/5). No only is his manner is calm, focused and supportive - he is a "real", down-to-earth person" who inspires confidence in his patients. I wish all medical practitioners were like him!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Dr Dandie is exceptional - a brilliant surgeon and a genuinely great person. He is widely regarded as the best neurosurgeon in Australia and is the one all the other surgeons go to with their issues. He did a L5/S1 microdiscectomy for me earlier this year. He's a brilliant surgeon who is calm and focused. He explained everything and took the time to make me feel totally comfortable with my options. Can't rate him highly enough - wish every specialist was like him!!!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

I was involved in a motorcycle accident in 2002 and was taken to Westmead with a shattered 1Lumber vertebrae and was so lucky to get Dr Dandie. he saved me from a life in a wheelchair and then in 2009 he put extensions in which have allowed me to lead what seems to be a normal life. Yes I have problems but I can walk and ride a motorcycle and am almost pain free. This all due to Dr Dandie's magic hands and the hard work of his team.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Dr Dandie was very pleasant, caring and good humored and excellent natured Specialist very knowledgable and explains your condition and options /treatment well. I would recommend him to anyone who required back surgery, I am still in the early stages of recovery of L4, L5 Spineous Process removal but i am confident that his skilful hands will be successful in leading me to pain free days ahead. His staff were also very helpful and pleasant and happy, which is a reflection of their employers attitude. I wish all GP;s and Specialist could leave their patients with this same feeling of trust and brightness.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

I would like to thank Dr Dandie for being so approachable. His explanations were excellent. I had a Spinal fusion of L4 and L5. And replacement of a disc. Prior to the surgery I was in enormous pain and now I am pain free. Thank you to him and his team

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Very nice doctor.. Very good manner , very professional and friendly .

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017