Ratings for Dr. Cathy C. Tong

I agree with many of the comments made by patients of Dr. Tong. She became by PCP about 9 years ago; she was wonderful. Now I am made to feel I am just another complaining patient. She does not listen to me or my issues; she never calls back. I call in a prescription refill it took them two weeks to get the prescription to me. I now go pick it up myself. She has no dress code; wearing flip flops; jeans and a shirt that has never seen an iron. She is always looking at her computer; no eye contact. She goes from patient to patient with her lap top; can you imagine all the germs that must be on the computer? The staff is very rude; and dismissive; acting like you are bothering them. I wish I could find another doctor; but so many are not taking patients. I will continue to look.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Consistently poor experience with her as my primary care physician for two years: Punctuality: never on time. once heard her carrying on a 10 min conversation with staff about the previous nights State of Union address before coming into my appt. for which she was already late. Staff: Last time I checked in for an appt., everyone at reception was eating breakfast for all patients to see. Nurse opened door while still chewing food to bring me in. Basic helpfulness: I usually only go to the doctor for annual exams. In these I have consistently asked for vitamin D screenings to be added to my bloodwork, since I am usually deficient. This is consistently too complicated a task for Tong's office. The last time I was assured I could request it when at the blood technician's office. This was not the case. I requested in person with Tong after she had my results. She assured me she would get the results and notify me. She never did. Her bedside manner is consistently distracted. Final straw was when I recently called to request an oral typhoid vaccination, since mine was expired and I travel abroad frequently. I had to call several times to get a response. She wouldn't call it in--told me to go to travel nurse in case I needed others. I offered to send the office my vaccination records as proof that I didn't need any others, but this proved yet another basic task too complicated.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

Dr. Tong seems to be very nice but I had to wait 40 mins to see her. I was asked to make an appointment to see the detailed result about exam. You decide.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Some jealous or mental individual wrote several nasty and inappropriate comments that should be ignored. She is a wonderful and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Been with Cathy Tong for five or six years and find her and her staff to be the best ever!! Delighted to have found her - wonderful!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

The office is great. Dr. Tong is a great doctor. She is knowledge, friendly and easy to talk to. She always has the MA follow up regarding blood work or test results. The office is usually busy, but expected with any practice as they have to squeeze patients in that are ill. I do not mind waiting.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

This office is horrible. There is no attention to detail, you wait FOREVER to be seen (I've waited in a room so long the automatic lights shut off 5 times!), and you will never get a call back with results. The only thing they are good at is verifying insurance information. Do yourself and your health a favor and go somewhere else. I was a patient here for seven years, wish I had left a long time ago...

Submitted November 10, 2014

Dr. Tong is awful. Impossible to get a call back from her office, sometimes 5+ hours. Absolutely no bedside manner, she will spend the entire appointment staring at her computer screen. I went for an ultrasound and requested that she call me to discuss the results. I received an email. When I called again to request a phone call I was told that I would need to make an appointment if I wanted more information. She's rude, unhelpful, careless and money hungry. She takes notes- all of which don't matter if you haven't had a recent appointment. She tries to get you into her office as often as possible- not because its necessary but because she wants to profit off your inconvenience. She's the reason doctors get a bad rap.

Submitted September 9, 2014

Dr Tong always says she will call you with test results, this have never happened on the 2 1/2 yrs I have been with the practice. She never returns calls when the staff says she will. In major pain and was told she would call that day, never heard from her. script was called in and the office staff never called to tell me. Sorry but I am not a mind reader. Had dangerously low Vit-D for over a year and she never felt it was important enough to tell me. She is terrible, searching for a new doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

flag | Submitted January 24, 2012

Dr. Cathy C. Tong's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Hospitals in Needham, MA