Ratings for Dr. Mark Johnson

$500. No insurance. (the Provider recommended monthly visits for a minimum 3-6 months) THE WORST PAIN I’ve ever experienced in a Doctor’s office. This includes a root canal and setting a dislocated shoulder. After waiting an hour Dr. Mark Johnson arrogantly explains how he is the only one who can help me. But first he PRAYS. Out loud. And then 10 minutes of groaning, sweating, needle agony. No anesthetic. One month later absolutely no improvement. Never going back.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

After playing soccer for many years and a successful bicycle wreck I have had six knee surgeries and two shoulder surgeries. Needless to say I have had struggles with joints and after many years of traditional methods I discovered Dr Johnson and Prolotherapy. This treatment has changed my life and I now enjoy a pain free lifestyle. My shoulder injury consisted of two torn rotators and ripping the bottom third of my labrum almost entirely off. After 8 to 10 months of traditional therapy I still could not throw a ball without excruciating pain. After a few visits with Doctor Johnson almost two years ago I still have no pain whatsoever when throwing anything! This is truly a great remedy for pain!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

After having unsuccessful physical therapy on a right ankle, I came to Dr. Johnson in October 2014 with a torn peroneal tendon, which was revealed in an MRI after two months of conventional physical therapy. My ankle was weak, swollen, and I was unable to do the running and racing that I still enjoy at age 63. After 4 injections over 4-5 months, I felt the ankle was stronger, more stable and began slowly getting back out to run. I am glad to report that I did a 4 mile race on July 4 and won my age group, and am continuing to run and race more. I am definitely a believer in prolotherapy and in Dr. Johnson's abilities. Thanks to him and his staff I am again a runner and racer!

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

After nearly 10 years of pain and injury which resulted from a snowmobile accident, and numerous surgeries physical therapy, nerve blocks and treatment, my husband heard about Dr. Johnson through another patient who was dealing with disabling pain. My husband is the primary care physician for this family, knowing their history and how Dr. Johnson had helped this patient encouraged us to seek out Dr. Johnson's medical treatment. My husband is a very skilled, and has board certification in Internal medicine and private family practice and without a doubt the most caring physician I know. I am grateful for the care given by many doctors which he would consider the most skilled and knowledgeable. This only made my particular situation with pain and unresolved injury all the more hopeless. It was at this low point that we contacted Dr. Johnson and learned he had been a friend from medical school. This encouraged us to pursue treatment because we remembered Dr. Johnson as a gifted man of faith, prayer and integrity. Dr. Johnson has shown amazing skill and knowledge and has taken me down an amazing path of new hope and healing. He has demonstrated humility and genuine concern and encouraged me to address many health concerns and uncover the hidden reasons for my failing healing system. I cannot thank him or God for the hope and compassion I recieve, and most of all for his honesty, and willingness to stay ith me on this journey. I am so grateful that Dr. Johnson did not give up on us. I am grateful for the strength and encouragement he has been to my husband, a fellow physician, and friend at a time when my husband needed someone. I still am in the process of healing in these last months, but do not remember when I have experienced the renewal of strength and when, my life has not been dictated by pain. It is like having a whole new life and being a child all over again. Prolotherapy is an amazing medical tool, but it is best served through the hands an heart of someone as skilled and professional, yet sincerely compassionate like Dr. Johnson. Jim and I think the world of his staff, his wife and Dr. Johnson. Yes, my husband would highly recommend him to his patients! Afterall, he did get his wife back!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I was T-Boned 2 years ago in a car accident. I did the Physical Therapy , Pain Management and Chiropractor for about a year with no relief. I heard about Prolotherapy from a client in Mesa Az. So i researched prolotherapy and found Dr. Johnson. I had 3 treatments for my neck and a couple treatments for hip and lower back. Now i am pain free. My pain Dr. in Bowling Green, Ky told me that was the best treatment i could be doing. I did not believe any Dr. was actually telling the truth that going to someone else was the best medicine. Dr. Johnson knew exactly what he was doing. I would tell anyone to try this to avoid neck or back surgery. Could not be happier with the results!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

I am a very active person. I work out, lift weights, and do ballroom dancing. I began to experience pain in my right knee and then began to experience excruciating pain down my right calf. It became so painful, that I could not work out or dance. It was waking me up at night and made it difficult to walk. I saw a orthopedic surgeon who determined that I had torn my meniscus and suggested surgery. I had the surgery which did not help the pain at all. After surgery, the doctor gave me lubricant injections in my knee and that did not help the pain in the knee or calf at all. My greatest fear was that the doctor was going to suggest that I have knee replacement surgery. I then learned about Dr. Mark Johnson and prolotherapy through a dance friend of mine. I started to have treatment by Dr. Johnson. He determined that the pain I was having was the result of torn ligaments and tendons in my knee as well as my achilles tendon. After a year of treatment, I am pain free. I remain very active and am so grateful for Dr. Johnson's knowledge and dedication to this therapy. I would highly recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

I fell and hit my head in 2012. For a year and a half, I tried nerve blocks, numbing agents, and countless medications. No MRI or scan could "prove" I was in pain. Dr. Johnson was the first person to tell me I had whiplash and extensive nerve damage all around my head, neck and upper back. I have been treated multiple times but only because of how bad it was. Before treatments, I was laid out on the couch in so much pain and I couldn't work. Now, I am back to work part time, exercising and I can be the person I was before the pain. He has changed my life. The treatments are painful, but they work. And IT IS WORTH THE WAIT!! He will get you pain free. Being pain free will happen for me. Thank you Dr. Johnson.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Excellent doctor and seems to be able to cure what ails you. However, be prepared to wait to be seen and at my last visit I gave up after waiting in a closed room w/no air for 45 minutes. I had no shirt on and was using the room's paper towels to wipe the sweat off my face, chest and back. Had to think maybe surgery was not such a terrible idea after all and left. Had successful treatment in the past (Different shoulder) but evidently he has become too popular and the cure might be worse than the problem in this case.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

Dr. Mark Johnson has been extremely helpful in healing my knee after 3 knee surgeries in 3 years. I was consistently on NSAIDS for years and I am in my mid 20s. I had been all over the country and spent thousands of dollars in an attempt to fix my knee and ended up finding Prolotherapy Nashville which was 10 minutes from my home. After receiving 1 treatment, I noticed improvement and after 5 treatments, my knee was 90% better. I had extensive damage to my knee which is why it took 5 treatments to get to this point, everyone is different. Prolotherapy Nashville has since become my one stop shop for any injuries I have suffered in the last 2 years. There are plenty of prolotherapy clinics around the country but Dr. Mark Johnson in unique in his approach because of how "thorough" he is. With any injury there are many underlying causes and Dr. Johnson does a great job in addressing the injury itself as well as the underlying causes. Accompainied by a very professional staff and treatments that are affordable, this is a great option for chronic pain.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

After 29 years of pain, morphine, and using a wheelchair Dr. Johnson changed all that for me. No more morphine or wheelchair. It's the best !

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Mark Johnson's Credentials

• Univ Of Al Sch Of Med, Birmingham Al 35294 (Grad. 1981)

HIP