Ratings for Dr. Alan J. Discont

I have been a patient of Dr. Discont for over 20 years and can not express my gratitude to the great job that he and his office does on a daily basis. I have seen other Podiatrist (due to insurance reasons), but always end up coming back to see Dr. D. He can usually tell you what is wrong with your feet by feel, touch and listening to the patient, while his peers want to run up very expensive test. I have been a patient of his since his office was in the Macayo's shopping center in Mesa and the birth of his son. His practice was small and he was just starting out, but I could tell that he had GREAT bedside manner and really cared for his patients. I have not found another Podiatrist that has the extreme knowledge and state of the art equipment as Ocotillo Foot & Ankle. Thanks Dr. D for the past 20 + years and hope for another 20 more. Thanks again to you and your wonderful staff.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Allen Discont for more than ten years. While I don't see him on a regular basis, it is due to the fact that he has cured my foot and toe problems each and every single time. He and his staff are very kind, concerned with how much pain I'm in, and affordable alternatives to surgeries which have kept me out of pain when I couldn't afford surgery. I have always been treated as a valued patient; I have recommended this Doctor to every single person I've met with foot problems. God Bless You, Dr. Discont, for all of the wonderful ways in which you have helped me.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

I wish I had read these comments before seeing Dr. Discont for plantar fasciitis. I am in more pain now after his treatments. Dr. Discont gave me 5 steroid injections in 3 months and put me in a boot that caused additional injuries to my foot. My plantar is now ruptured, and I now have tissue and ligament damage I believe due to the excessive injections by Dr. Discont. I have been in agony for 10 months and amazed at the similarity of the previos patient from 1/9/11. I have been in physical therapy for 4 months and now under a competent physician care and slowly experiencing some relief. I did not get my full medical records until after 4 months of requesting them 8 times- 4 requests were from medical professionals and 4 by me in person. Now that I finally received my records, they are not accurate and not a true account of my treatment under his care. I have filed a complaint with podiatry board and would like others who feel they were injured to do the same. DO NOT GO TO HIM.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

I was just looking up Dr Discont's name to see which business is his so that I could warn friends and family NO TO GO TO HIM. This man almost ruined my foot by injecting steroids into my tendon for plantar fascitis. I am an active young person who works in health care. The second time I met him he wanted to do an unnecessary surgery that has been documented to have questionable results. After my tendon ruptured from all of the steroids he injected into my foot, he gave me the improper treatment and I was left in agony for months. I didn't get relief from my pain until I switched to another podiatrist. When I tried to get my records, the office was evasive and it took weeks. Luckily I was writing everything down. When I finally did receive the records I was amazed to see how much of the information was incorrect. Whatever you do find someone else.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Best Podiatrist doctor in town. My previous doctor said I had Plantar fasciitis and I almost did everything from massage, applying tape, custom sole and it did not helped much and finally he said I need a surgery. My friend recommended to Alan and he said I had heel spur and little of Plantar fasciitis. He fixed my issue within 2 appointment. I wasted almost 6 months with my previous Doctor. Good Job Alan

flag | Submitted August 25, 2010

Dr. Discont was extremely helpful with resolving my foot pain. He has treated my children and my husband also. He is caring and extremely helpful. I feel he is the best podiatrist in ARIZONA!!! Would refer my friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

Both myself and my husband are patients of Dr.Discont's. He has always been very friendly and helpful. My feet have never felt better. I love this office and the staff. I highly reccomend this office. They are loving and compassionate.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2009

After later getting treated by an orthopaedic surgeon I came to realize (as well as be reassured by him) that the care I received from Dr. Discont was not the appropriate treatment for my injury. I have since gotten great treatment and have begun to recover from my injury whereas, while I was with Dr. Discont I was not seeing any improvement at all.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Surgery was performed well, and Dr. Discont and his staff are always very warm and helpful and willing to answer questions.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2009

Dr. Alan J. Discont's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1983)