Ratings for Dr. John W. Cory

Something has changed with this doctor. He is definately a "man's man" with patients. My first visit, my husband went with me and Dr. Cory seemed very knowledgable about my foot problem and wanted me to have an MRI and even blood tests to see if something else was going on internally with me. But the whole time I noticed that he was directing all his conversation toward my husband. Trying to impress, I guess. When I went back for my followup appt, I went by myself. They put me in a room and I waited over 30 minutes for him to come in and all the while I could hear him in the next room talking and laughing with a male patient...for the whole 30 minutes I was waiting! Then when he finally came in to see me he acted like he didn't have 5 minutes to waist. He said my foot was fine, it was just irrated and inflamed but then told me that I needed a special "guided" injection so I could get walking again. Didn't explain anything. And even forgot about the blood work he had me get! When I questioned things he said his PA Would come in and explain things. I waited another 10-15 minutes and no one came in. i walked out and up to the front desk and ask a man I saw if he was the PA and he said yes. When I told him I was waiting for him to come in the room, he said he didn't even know he was supposed to! I was very disappointed with my followup visit. Also his staff is VERY unprofessional. As I sat in the waiting room they discussed other patients details right out loud and one of the girls was on the phone with Wells Fargo Bank trying to pay one of Dr. Corry's bills and I could hear all the details and specific amounts of money that he owed. Even heard the details about him owing more than she thought he did and she had to just pay a portion. This made me a little leary of his stablility also.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

After going to a podiatrist who totally missed the mark, I went to Dr, Cory 's office where I was provided with a prompt appointment, a knowledgeable and pleasant PA who performed the initial and thorough exam and arranged for diagnostic testing. Within a week of the imaging I was back in the office where Dr. Cory explained the results to me and provided my options. He was detailed and conservative in his approach, provided the opportunity for me to ask questions as well as view my MRI. I was impressed and glad I chose this practice.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr has a very arrogant style. I have read this type of comment before about him but saw it for myself.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. John W. Cory's Credentials

• Bowman Gray School Of Medicine Of Wake Forest University (Grad. 1997)