Ratings for Dr. Amanda Metzger

Dr. Metzger left the room multiple times to ask someone on their lunch break how to use her laptop. She was unhappy that I asked questions about variances in screening guidelines, and told me anecdotes about women who waited too long for a mammogram and as a result did not catch their cancer early. She did this while she did my breast exam; I was in a vulnerable position lying down exposed on the exam table. Dr. Metzger did not return my calls after I called to say that I could not take the prescription that she gave me., and wanted some guidance. After multiple calls from me she passed along a message to the staffer I spoke with, who said that Dr. Metzger basically said that we had discussed everything when I saw her.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr. Metzger is a fantastic doctor. She is very caring and doesn't rush you. at all. I have been going to her for over 15 years and I always feel very comfortable when I go for my visits.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2014

Very caring. Made a very uncomfortable situation very comfortable. Will be making her my new ob/gyn.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2011

Went to Dr. Metzger when my regular GYN of the same practice had not learned a procedure (alblastin)that Dr. Metzger had performed and was certified in doing. I loved her from the moment I met her. I switched GYN from that day forward. She did the procedure and followed though with me for after care. She is so nice and patient. If she is still accepting patients please do not hesitate to get her as you GYN. Love her.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2010

Absolutely the best! I highly recommend her. I've been seeing her for 3 years, 2 pregnancies, and a miscarriage. She is extremely caring and supportive, not pushy at all like some doctors. Simply gives you the info you need and lets you make a decision. I really can't say enough about how wonderful she is.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

Dr.Metzger is an amazing doctor. I went to her twice. One of the times I felt she was rushing but she gave me all the information I needed to know and answered all my questions.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

Dr Metzger is an amazing doctor. I actually met her when I had my first miscarriage and was so impressed she is now my OB/GYN. She is very knowledgable and has a great bedside manner. I am looking forward to her caring for me through this pregnancy and delivering my first child in June!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2008

Dr. Metzger is by far the best doctor I have had. She is so caring and helpful. She takes the time to listen and I always feel at ease in her care. I will be moving out of state soon and I am sad that I will be losing the best ob/gyn there is!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

Dr. Metzger is honestly the best. I had her throughout the sadness of two miscarriages and then the joy of having twins. She is not only competent in her field, and absolutely caring, but she really tries to understand your point of view and work with you. She is more than willing to pull up a chair and answer any questions that you have. She will listen to you and work with you. She is sensitive to your needs, but straightforward about facts. Also, she always seems to weigh the options carefully and really try to do what is best for your individual situation. She does not assign you to the statistics and proceed with something just because that's how everyone does it these days. Simply the best doctor I have ever had.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2007

I can not say enough about Amanda. She is an extremely talented physican & surgeon and an overall amazing person. She is thorough, caring and thoughtful and I HIGHLY recommend her to anyone in need of a great OB/Gyn!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2007

Dr. Amanda Metzger's Credentials

• Tufts University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

AARP