Ratings for Dr. William J. Ruskin

Did an unnecessary surgery, then failed to assist with further treatment. Acted puzzled after each error was brought to his attn

flag | Submitted June 20, 2019

OMG...what an amazing experience. Had my wisdom tooth removed. Everything was well explained in advance. The surgery was quick and painless. Post care also well explained. I felt fine right afterwards. A member of the staff called the next day to check up on me. Highly recommended!!!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2019

I saw Dr. Ruskin to get my wisdom teeth out. He was friendly and explained everything in the consult. He ensured adequate anesthesia (nitrous, then an IV, then novocaine). Procedure went fine, and I had no complications. However, the pain management afterward was awful. I was not responding to the pills he gave me, so I called, but by that time he had left the office and said he couldn't do anything. He actually said, "I gave you enough medication to make a water buffalo happy." I am not a water buffalo, and I was in horrible pain. I eventually had to go to the ER because I was in so much pain I couldn't even swallow. A different pain med, and I was fine. Dr. Ruskin did write out a new prescription the next morning, but if he'd been a little more helpful right after the surgery, he would have saved me a trip to the ER.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2009