Ratings for Dr. Stephen A. Conicello

Dr. Conicello is listed as a chiropractor but he is actually practicing functional medicine. His business is called Agape Institute of Functional Healthcare. Although he and his staff seemed caring and friendly, I feel compelled to share my experience as a warning to those considering thermography. After having emergency surgery to remove my appendix and later found out that it was cancerous, I was quite relieved to have thermal scans done at Agape which showed no signs of cancer in my body. The doctor presented literature and discussed with me how thermal imaging is more effective and safer than a mammogram so I did not get my annual mammogram for the first time in 15 years. One year later I had a follow up CT scan of my abdomen and was shocked to learn that there was cancer in my breast and lymph nodes. How could this be?! Dr. Conicello told me that thermal imaging can detect cancer 8-10 years before a mammogram, yet it showed no cancer in my body just one year prior. I had a second scan done, and it too showed no cancer! Yet, I was already diagnosed with stage 2 after numerous other tests. I am so upset and full of regret that I did not have my annual mammogram last year. Perhaps my cancer wouldn't have spread yet and the tumor would have been smaller. I'm especially outraged that Dr. Conicello continues to promote this test! Thermal imaging DID NOT detect cancer in my body.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

Started out okay, but took on too many clients and did not give each time needed-Became an assembly line without area for patient/doctor discussion. Does not accept insurances, but has you pay up front and then will submit to your insurance companies - Most Drs will do this as the insurance companies are SLOW to pay! (Did hear of some patients having bills submitted directly to their insurance with Dr receiving payment and patient not having to pay out of pocket. The out-of-pocket payments was a drag. This is a fault of insurance Companies. Staff did not keep up with billing as they should. After having gone for a year improvement was minimal. Went to a different Doctor and have had significant improvement-shown on comparative X Rays - within 6 months. As indicated above there is no privacy and the patients are run through like an assembly line. Disappointed with this Dr as time passed and my progress did not appear to improve. He may mean well but needs to change something somewhere.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

This doctor is somewhat knowledgeable but overbooks clients up to 40 people an hour. The waiting time is horrendous and can be up to 2 hours when you only get 5 minutes of his time. It is a production line where all they care about is money. Do not go to this office!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2013

He took his time explaining the whole process, and answering every question I had. Dr. C is always learning and growing in his knowledge of upper cervical health. My illness had me just about bed ridden. He helped me get my life back. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Dr. Stephen A. Conicello's Credentials

• Sherman College Of Straight Chiropractic (Grad. 2004)

Top Hospitals in Downingtown, PA