Ratings for Dr. Cigdem Arkuran

Very nice and considerate. Her staff is easy to communicate.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

Long wait. Very kind and knowleful Called doctor two months later to ask for more information and sec would not take messages to doctor. Going for D&C which I was told early October that I needed a D &C to get a better biopsy.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

The only issue is with the punctuality of your appointment but I can't even fault that knowing how Dr. Arkuran is with her patients. She listens and takes her notes right then and there for your file rather than hoping she will remember at the end of the day. She answers questions and concerns. Once again - she LISTENS. I feel that when I speak to the doctor that she has my best interests in mind and isn't going to brush me off. My experiences with Dr. Arkuran, although physically uncomfortable for medical reasons, have been very good and I am glad she is my doctor. As for some comments about Esther, her Medical Assistant/Office Manager, I can see how the punctuality can end up on her plate with patients having her as the front line person. I have not experienced anything negative with Esther and frankly the opposite. She has been very accommodating and helpful - as much as she can be within the restrictions of her position.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Looking for another doctor for my mother, time is valuable, but not in this doctors eyes or her receptionists eyes.... absolutely terrible!!!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Very rude person. She has a very condescending tone to her voice as well. I don't actually think she cares about her patients at all. It's sad when a doctor seems to be driven by money mainly than by helping people.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

They dont understand how to book appointments. Seriously messed up.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Feb 2016, Dr. Arkuran preformed an abdominal hysterectomy to remove a 9cm fibroid. I was told a recovery period of 6-8 weeks and after much research after the fact, that is not accurate for all women recovering after a major surgery. A nurse failed to read my chart and I was treated by several nurses with Dr. Arkuran on the phone with them on how to stabilize me. Dr. Arkuran saw me 48 hours post-surgery; the norm is the afternoon on the day of or the morning after the surgery. For 12 weeks I was unable to have a bowel movement from the severe swelling and pubic pressure pain. My last appointment with her was June when she basically concluded that I was unable to recover like the norm of 6-8 weeks, possibly in my head and that she doesn't deal with insurance. This is after I sat and waited for 2.5 hours at her office. The same day I needed forms filled out for my insurance and her receptionist told me it would be $100/page cash. I threw up in the parking lot. No other OB wanted to see me asking me to go back to her as she did the procedure. Feeling like a failure I escalated my recovery time by running to get better through pelvic physio, lymph massage, osteopath myofascial release for scar tissues, chiropractor and second/third opinions. I am a building inspector and manage quality control for new condos. My work is physical and requires travel. I have seen numerous doctors and thankfully at my 3rd emergency admittance in November 2016, an on-call Dr. suggested that I had nerve damage that would take time and put me on Gabapentin. As of November, I went onto long-term disability. It is now April and I am able to walk normally and sit comfortably up to 2 hours again. In November I started seeing Dr. Heli McPhie, Naturopath who has found a way to give me my sanity back and not make me feel like that my body failed me. That was the hardest ordeal to come through. I am a positive, hard working single mom and I trust fully until someone breaks that trust - that was my first mistake. This is my story, all I ask is that you do your research before you go under the knife. I know now to do it differently and I hope this post helps you do the same and that is what is best for you. Noeleen Ekstrom

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

She is very rude and has a very condescending tone. She doesn't take time to listen or address any concerns. Also always very late. I would not recommend her to anyone. To top it off, the receptionist is extremely rude and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was referred to dr arkuran when I was pregnant with my first. I think dr arkuran's staff is fine. The wait time was over an hour. And while I was waiting in the crowded waiting room, all I saw was dr arkuran, walking around, eating her salad and going on the computer. When I finally got to see her, I found that she was the most condescending person I've ever seen. She threw a whole bunch of terms at me, and when I wasn't sure what she was saying, she gave me this horrible attitude like why I'm so stupid. Honestly, I was pregnant for the first time, how do you expect me to know everything? I almost wanted to cry. I waited for over an hour and I only saw her for less than 5 mins. Anyway, I didn't want to see her anymore, so I went to a midwife. And I felt like I made the best decision ever!! I love my midwife. And she delivered my two beautiful babies!! Go see other midwives or ob or gyn!! Don't waste your time!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Couldn't ask for a better OB! Dr. Arkuran was there for me during two pregnancies and two miscarriages. She went beyond my expectations during every appointment and was thorough and specific when I had any concerns or questions. Yes, there are long wait times but I experience the same thing at my family doctor so I'm not bothered by it. Also, I've never had any issues with Esther, the receptionist. She was always very pleasant in person, and over the phone when I call in to make appointments or have any additional questions. I highly recommend Dr. Arkuran and would never consider going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016