You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Cigdem Arkuran

ALWAYS an hour late or more. Been ticketed once so make sure you bring an abundance of change and pay for 2-3 hours. She is a nice lady and really knows what she is talking about. Her staff leaves a lot to be desired. However I struggle to say she is worth the wait. So if you can go somewhere else please do.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I had a major operation and was on short term disability from work. She refused to fill out the forms so my disability would start, so financially I was in a real bind. Her lack of attention caused such stress, (adding to the stress I had on my own) that I was unable to recover from my operation emotionally and ended up having a mental and physical breakdown which I have since to recover. Even though she is very knowledgeable, she has absolutely NO bedside manner and her staff suppose her in this behavior.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I had my left ovarie removed along with my tubes I had had a cysts on the ovarie so of course that was removed. I'm post menapousle so I was having varying pain. There was (which often happens ) a situation where the cysts was attached to the bowel unbenouced to the Dr and was immediately (without any problems) scraped. Fortunately for me her professionalism , experience and knowledge made for a relatively quick recovery. I would recommend Dr Arkuran with a 10 out of 10. The only problem you may have is getting in to see her because she is that good.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

Overall Dr. Akuran is knowlegable and, like many reviews below, has a no-nonsense attitude (which I can appreciate). However, she often appears rushed to get on to the next patient and the wait times are super long. There has not been one time during the preganancy checkups when the appointments were on time. Waits range between 40min - 1.5hrs. Good thing she has a decent range of updated style magazines (the only thing I would give 5 stars to her for). As for the receptionist, she is the rudest person EVER. It's not even about the tone of voice, but the stuff that comes out of her mouth. I had PUPPS (which is a skin rash that you get when pregnant) and also a DNC (a surgical procedure for uterine hemoraging that I had a few weeks after baby's delivery), and each time I called to make an appointment for checkup this secretary told me to find another doctor (When Dr. Arkuran was my primary dr. for my pregnancy!). It's unbelievable. Seriously, save yourself the aggrevation and wait times and go to another OBGYN. There are plenty other good ones out there.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

This is the second time I was referred to Dr. Arkuran with my second baby on the way. I chose to see my family doctor until I was in my 3rd trimester as there is a constant back up with appointments. I would most often wait 45-60 past my appointment time and I would only see Dr. Arkuran for less than 5 minutes. It seems like she's always in a rush to see patients and is in her office most of the time.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

From all of the stuff that I've read here, I assume that I could've had a nice experience with Dr. Arkuran if only her awful, AWFUL receptionist didn't shy me away from her. Had an appointment that I waited for three months.I called the office to confirm and apparently, I had the date wrong (my fault). But there wasn't also a follow-up call in the first place. Anyway, I asked for a reschedule and she told me that I would have to pay a 100 bucks for it. (She told me this over and over again throughout the whole conversation as if implying that I can't afford it.) I said it's OK, so she suggested me an appointment for the following month. I said that I can't because I'm going to be out the country.. What she told me was the RUDEST reply ever, and I quote, "You should just call your family doctor and ask for another referral to a different doctor because you are wasting my time." She should get fired.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Arkuran. She is very skilled surgeon. A perfectionist, and isn't that who you want operating on your body. She will not rush you to surgery until it is necessary and other options have been taken into consideration. She is very knowledgeable and complete during appointments. She is patient to answer questions in an understandable manner. Perhaps this explains the longer waiting room times. She is empathetic and reads feelings well. She took time to see me pre and post-op. I have been her patient for years and would not go to another gynecologist. The receptionist runs a very busy office in a timely and polite manner. She has always been very helpful and kind. She is competent and accommodating on the phone or in person. Appointments may run late, but Dr. Arkuran is well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

I found Dr. Arkuran to be very knowledgeable and solution-focused. I appreciated her caring but no-nonsense attitude. I did not experience any poor attitude on the part of her Admin Assistant, who seemed professional, if not warm. The constructive comments I have are about the scheduling and the office. My best wait for a scheduled appointment was 45 minutes after the scheduled time, and the longest wait occured more than two hours after it was scheduled. Given how busy she is, the office and waiting room are cramped and in need of a makeover. However, despite the wait, Dr. Arkuran was attentive and helpful. She was able to address my medical issues, and I was very satisfied with the outcome of the surgery she performed, although, I never saw or spoke with her at the hospital, post-op, only the nurses. That may be because I felt well enough to be discharged in 24 hrs.She may be "no frills," but you get strong competence and solid solutions instead. I recommend her, highly.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2011

Dr. Cigdem Arkuran's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "ALWAYS an hour late or more. Been ticketed once so make sure you bring an abundance of change and pay for 2-3 hours. She is a nice lady and really knows what sh..."

May 17, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a major operation and was on short term disability from work. She refused to fill out the forms so my disability would start, so financially I was in a r..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had my left ovarie removed along with my tubes I had had a cysts on the ovarie so of course that was removed. I'm post menapousle so I was having varying pa..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This doctor has attitude and I always wait for more than one and half hour to see her for less than 5 mins. I feel I am unlucky to be transferred to this doctor"

September 14, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "her receptionist is soooooo RUDE . i had a misscaridge and wAs in the hospitial she wouldnt see me and also never camE to the hospital or called . No fallow up..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Overall Dr. Akuran is knowlegable and, like many reviews below, has a no-nonsense attitude (which I can appreciate). However, she often appears rushed to get o..."

November 24, 2014