Ratings for Dr. Cigdem Arkuran

I was referred to dr arkuran when I was pregnant with my first. I think dr arkuran's staff is fine. The wait time was over an hour. And while I was waiting in the crowded waiting room, all I saw was dr arkuran, walking around, eating her salad and going on the computer. When I finally got to see her, I found that she was the most condescending person I've ever seen. She threw a whole bunch of terms at me, and when I wasn't sure what she was saying, she gave me this horrible attitude like why I'm so stupid. Honestly, I was pregnant for the first time, how do you expect me to know everything? I almost wanted to cry. I waited for over an hour and I only saw her for less than 5 mins. Anyway, I didn't want to see her anymore, so I went to a midwife. And I felt like I made the best decision ever!! I love my midwife. And she delivered my two beautiful babies!! Go see other midwives or ob or gyn!! Don't waste your time!!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

Couldn't ask for a better OB! Dr. Arkuran was there for me during two pregnancies and two miscarriages. She went beyond my expectations during every appointment and was thorough and specific when I had any concerns or questions. Yes, there are long wait times but I experience the same thing at my family doctor so I'm not bothered by it. Also, I've never had any issues with Esther, the receptionist. She was always very pleasant in person, and over the phone when I call in to make appointments or have any additional questions. I highly recommend Dr. Arkuran and would never consider going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Arkuran's for almost a year, and I believe I have a valid reason to complain about her receptionist Esther. I have treated Esther with the utmost respect as I understand that her job can be stressful and that she has to work long hours. I consider myself a very friendly and cooperative person. I constantly have to wait at the office for a long period of time, usually over 1.5 hours, and never have I complained. I have been punctual and kept all of my appointments, and was not picky about appointment times and was accommodating. I constantly think to myself, what did I do to deserve treatment like this? I am just as much of a human being as she is. I’d like to inform you of one specific example – I gave her a call to ask if I can make another appointment to ask a few more questions before I do surgery. She basically said that I should have asked these questions at my last appointment and that she will not be able to book me for another as she “works long enough hours already”. There was no other option provided. I then told her what questions I have, and she actually said, “You should know!”. I am sorry that with a nursing degree, I do not know the answers to my ovarian issues. If I had known the answers, I would be an Ob/Gyn myself! On another occasion, I needed to be scheduled for an urgent ultrasound, and Dr Arkuran had mentioned to Esther that Richmond Brooke Radiology needs to bump someone else’s appointment for me to get it done within the next week, if they have no room. Esther seemed to brush it off right away and she said to me “Richmond is fully booked for the next week. The previous patient was willing to go to Burnaby. You will have to go to Burnaby to get the ultrasound done as well”. I am sick, cannot drive, and have a child at home to look after. Every time I make an appointment at the office or at Brooke Radiology, I have to ask my husband to take a day off work. It seemed like she could care less about my own well-being and what you had said to her previously. She can be a real barrier to the patient-physician relationship, and to my own health and well-being. Her unprofessional behavior, dismissive attitude, lack of sympathy, and disrespect is a poor representation of Dr Arkuran's professional practice. She is the best gynecologist in town, and I have been striving to have a good relationship with the receptionist, but she has not reciprocated and my visits at the office have been uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Has to wait for more than an hour but found the report of ultrasound not arrived yet. Unacceptable

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Tired of seeing people complain about wait time/her receptionist. Long wait times are normal for specialists and to me, the doctor's expertise and experience are much more important and well worth the wait. Dr. Arkuran is a very knowledgeable doctor with a no-nonsense demeanor.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

1st visit - waited 30 minutes but advised Doctor was tied up in surgery. No problem I understand that happens so rescheduled to following week. 2nd visit - heard patients complaining of waiting over 1 hour and how they always do that. I took time off from work and decided to reschedule again. 3rd visit? I canceled my appointment after reading these reviews. It costs me money to see the doctor and it seems disrespectful to patients to overbook. Goodbye!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I can't recommend Dr Arkuran highly enough. I was first referred to her ten years ago as I was having serious complications after a miscarriage and had a very unfortunate experience with another OBGYN. My family doctor referred me to her and her honesty was so reassuring. She told me that she wasn't sure of what was going on, but she would consult with some colleagues she trusted and get back to me. The next day I was called in to her office and she explained the five things that could be happening and also explained why she was ruling out three of those. She then explained how she was going to move forward with my treatment, focusing on the two remaining possibilities of what could be going wrong. I truly believed she saved me from an emergency hysterectomy. My next pregnancy was high risk and I could not have asked for better care, and believe that she saved that pregnancy. When I became pregnant a third time, there was no question who I wanted to look after me. Every time I went for an ultrasound or other test, when I told the staff who my doctor was, I was always told that I was in good hands and had nothing to worry about with Dr Arkuran on my case. I know that she wears many hats, is well respected in the profession, and is extremely busy and often running late at the hospital, forcing her patients in her office across the street to wait, but she is dedicated, often coming into the office looking tired and still wearing her scrubs. But she never made appointments feel rushed and always asked if I had any more questions or concerns before finishing each appointment, whether in her office or at my bedside in the hospital.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Been seeing arkuran since i was 12, due to endometriosis. She has told me many times if i need to see her just call and make appointment but her staff maybe says no most see my regular docter. Very frustrating that her staff member jut cant ask and or give her a note to call people back. Other then the lack of staff she is a great docter.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

ALWAYS an hour late or more. Been ticketed once so make sure you bring an abundance of change and pay for 2-3 hours. She is a nice lady and really knows what she is talking about. Her staff leaves a lot to be desired. However I struggle to say she is worth the wait. So if you can go somewhere else please do.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I had a major operation and was on short term disability from work. She refused to fill out the forms so my disability would start, so financially I was in a real bind. Her lack of attention caused such stress, (adding to the stress I had on my own) that I was unable to recover from my operation emotionally and ended up having a mental and physical breakdown which I have since to recover. Even though she is very knowledgeable, she has absolutely NO bedside manner and her staff suppose her in this behavior.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016