Ratings for Dr. Vona Priest

Dr Priest has some serious personal problems she is ignoring, yet is obvious to everyone around her. If you are a patient, steer clear until she sorts this out.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2018

Highly unprofessional. Diagnosed me with a mental health disorder without a proper assessment. Prescribed unnecessary antidepressants. Misused confidential information. I am a Mental Health Professional and I do not recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2018

She is great always happy and the animals are good to see too

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I am a First Nations woman who has been seeing Dr.Priest for the past few years. Trust, honesty, confidentiality, and respect are key for me. I love her location at the farm with respect to privacy and the sounds of nature as we go through my session. On difficult days I bring along my pug and love that she can be with me. She is kind, respectful as I deal with my generational traumas, personal loss traumas and all those difficult life issues. She kindly suggested not to go on meds and I appreciate that I will not have lifelong addictions but feel my way through issues. I love the privacy and not have that judgement from the public that I am coming and going for treatment. She is understanding of my cultural ways and trust her completely: I can have conversations and leave it there and not worry, who heard it, who saw it, etc. The drive for me is worth it and very relaxing to hear the sounds, the silence, and feeling safe in her environment. Thank you Dr. Priest:)

flag | Submitted April 21, 2012

Dr. Priest's ranch is an oasis. Her many animals are a delight to see. They hint at her nurturing nature and their gentle presence puts one at ease and never fails to bring a smile to one's face. The therapy dogs especially are a source of great cheer and comfort. For years I've suffered from major depression. Recently I had a very serious episode that caused my family a great deal of concern. Dr. Priest not only got us through it, she returned me to my normal healthy self. I'm forever grateful to this kind, compassionate, highly skilled doctor. I strongly recommend Dr. Priest!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2012

Thankful to finally find someone who gets it. And such a nice environment.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

Dr. Preist is amazing . She makes it easy to talk to her and I always go visit the animals after my session they make it an even better experience. I highly recomend Dr.Preist.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2010

Dr. Priest diagnosed me almost two decades ago with OCD and changed my life forever. From that day forward, through therapy, the correct combination of medications, and most importantly a level of compassion and knowledge untouched by all others I have seen since, she was able to set my life back on track and change the way I viewed myself. She was and is the single most important factor in my successes to date. She helped me achieve incredible things and survive what were undoubtably the toughest times in my life. Thank-you Dr.Priest for everything you've done and continue to do today. Sincerely, Steve.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

always seems more interested in her animals and yard than you. seems distracted. no notes taken?? my family dr didnt get follow up letters.often cancels without notice. I drove along way to find her in her house telling me she took the day off.smart enough if you get her on a day she'd talk about you and not her dogs, trips etc. nees to pay more attention to her patients, not her friedns driving up or dogs barking. ok I guess, just not to prfessional for me

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

I have weekly sessions,visiting the animals is aiding greatly to my recovery.My migraine headaches and depression lessen visiting with the animals.The one eyed horse now trusts me,comes and take food from my hand.The alpaca and I have developed a trust, at first the alpaca would not come for food now she comes right up to me.Daisy the star pig was intimidating but now I am able to feed her.The goats,sheep, the rabbits, cats and dogs all melt my heart and make me feel relaxed and comfortable.I come early many sessions just to hang with the animals as it makes me feel calmer and more relaxed for my sessions.They give me a feeling of worth,and make me laugh.They are teaching me to trust again. It is such a pleasure to arrive at Dr. Priest’s her animals sitting with tails wagging.I can not state how important these animals have become as a major part of my recovery process.It has helped immensely I am now able to deal better each day and I thank her and the animals.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2010