Ratings for Dr. Algimantas Saunoris

Hi is not young, but he still remembers his stuff and when he has a doubt he does not hesitate to refer to a specialist... His receptionist (daughter) is a little strange, but very helpful, and she speaks multiple languages. He had patients waiting from different countries. I wish we had more multilingual medical offices.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

This Dr. is 83 years old and is no longer at the top of his game. I would not recomend him. I feel he should have retire as a GP. My parents who are the same age as him have had many problems and antiquated meds/treatments ect. His daughter is very inprofessional and rather unpleasant to deal with.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

He is really good Doctor. He takes care of me and my family. Funny and have lots of sense of humour...

flag | Submitted December 17, 2010

I have only started seeing Dr. Saunoris recently and I have found him an excellent doctor. His years of experience certainly show. As for the comments that were made about his personality etc, would you rather have a doctor who sugar-coats everything and is nice or someone who will tell you the truth as it is? I prefer the truth and therefore find him an excellent doctor. I have 2 small children and have had to cancel appointments at the last minute and there has never been a problem.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2009

I am very unimpressed by his daughter, who incidentially is also the receptionist/secretary. They lost my allergy medication and upon discussing that with the doctor, he raised his voice at me. I also was waiting for her to refer me to an allergist last year, and she did not for 6 months. I followed up with her, after an incident where I needed to be hopsitalized, she yelled at me and told me it would take up to a week to make the referral. I had checked with her prior and she said she had made the referral but failed to do so. In terms of the doctor, he has days where he can be really good and sometimes he is really moody. The other thing is they cater to the Lithiuanian community and the daughter appears to be prejudiced against those who are not caucasian or of european decent. I have been with this doctor for years, but I am currently switching family doctors.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2009

He is a good doctor and addresses your concerns. However, you will need to sit and wait a long time-minimum of one hour usually-before you see him. So bring a book.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2008

Nothing to complain about. Much better average canadian doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2008

If you are overweight then you will be told to loose weight. He is very offensive if you do not agree with him.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2008

Very Knowledgable and is known to research anything that he may be stumped on.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2008

JUST STARTED WITH THIS DOCTOR ABOUT A YEAR AGO. FIND HIM VERY THOROUGH. LISTENS TO YOU AND CHECKS INTO EVERY CONCERN YOU MAY HAVE. THE ONLY DOWNSIDE IS HE IS OLDER AND UNFORTUNATELY WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW DOCTOR I'M SURE WITHIN THE NEXT FEW YEARS. I QUITE LIKE HIM AND FIND THAT HE LEAVES NOTHING TO CHANCE LIKE MY PREVIOUS DOCTOR.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2007