Ratings for Dr. James L. Strong

Wrong diagnosis. Did not read test results where another neurologist gave the correct diagnosis. Wasted six years because of him thinking my problem was hereditary. Would never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Strong was supposed to treat me for Dystonia, as determined and referred by Dr. Dallas Russell. He decided he didn't agree with Dr. Russell's determinations. As every patient with a neurological condition knows, it acts different every day, especially, due to changes in meds. Dr. Strong had me back before he could even read these changes. Anyway, with little consideration for what I had to say, he steamrolled me, said Dr. Russell's diagnosis wasn't right and that I needed to be treated for something else. I've been painfully misdiagnosed too, like his former patient on here that eventually went to the Mayo clinic. This kind of doctoring leads to great suffering.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

Totally miss diagnosis. As a result, I went untreated six years for a condition that could have been reversed.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2009

He ordered a lip biopsy to check for amyloidosis. Six other doctors, including 3 at Mayo Clinic said that was crazy. A simply fat biopsy from the stomach a 1 minute procedure is better. I had swollen face, stitches, had to eat slimfast for a 10 days, lost 7 pounds and suffered greatly from a test that was useless. He argues with me about whether or not my feet can hurt because his test don't show neuropathy. He shows frustration in his manner, and his medical notes because my symptoms change each time I see him, as if this is something I have control over. He orders the same test over and over, which prove nothing. Mayo Clinic has much better diagnostic equipment and the doctors have seen and understand my condition without implying that I am a hypochondriac. He rushes through my visits and is grumpy and rude.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2008

Dr. Strong came across, to me, as arrogant, in a hurry, and grouchy. He did, however, order THOROUGH blood tests to check for some uncommon causes of neurological conditions.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

Dr. James L. Strong's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)