Ratings for Dr. H. Steven Choi

I like Dr. Choi who was recommended to me by a friend who goes to him and is a surgeon himself. The only complaint I do have is his office staff. They are grumpy....especially the lady who takes your credit card to pay for the visit. Could she smile once in a while? I have called on occasion and asked for a call back....I have never received a call back....very inconsiderate. When you are a doctor, your office staff can make you or break you. He needs to get a few more employees that would represent him better. He is a very thorough doctor, however, so that is why I still go to him.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Excellent Doctor. Took concerns and dissuade fears and was very thorough. I noticed a few people commenting about a sense of humor. As much as a bed side manor can be nice, it's not necessary. I rather have a competent doctor who knows his stuff, and is thorough and detailed and diagnoses every concern, then a comedian who may or may not have your best interest at heart. If you want humor, go to a comedian. If you want a doctor. Go here.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Choi's for approximate 25 years. No, he doesn't have a sense of humor, however, he is a very caring and dedicated doctor who places his patients needs first. He is never in a rush when he enters the room; he answers all of your questions and concerns and he get you checked out thoroughly to make sure he is covering all basis for a correct diagnosis. I have recommended him to many of my family and friends who are now under his care and not one of them have a problem with him. I would continue to recommend him to any and everyone for his professionalism and caring and patient mannerism. He is a wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

Never received a return phone call from the nurse when told the dr was out of town. Was then disconnected after reaching the receptionist and then got a recording on repeated tries. We ended up calling the dr-on-call at urgent care. Noted on a previous office visit that the receptionist has plenty of time for personal calls. My rating would be much higher if Dr. Choi had a caring, responsive, responsible staff.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

I have finally switched after 16 years. I should have changed when he didn't treat a condition I had had for years. Being female, I am slow to change primary care, as it is a pain. I finally did it when I got a call for special tests for something that hadn't even been mentioned to me by Dr. Unresponsive, uncaring and argumentative would be some of the words I could use correctly, certainly in my case. Poor appointment system and when mentioned, an denial from the doctor.(Even though I was subsequently apologized to by his staff for the failing.) I have stood at the front desk after having stopped by ( because I couldn't get a return call) to make an appointment, with no response, instead listened as the receptionist enjoyed a personal phone call.I walked away. How about having a head injury and Dr. asking if I thought I was Natasha Richardson. Since he has no sense of humor, hardly a joke. I'll never go back and never recommend.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Could be more considerate of his patients' needs when there are emergencies.Return calls in emergency contacts and return respondes are slow .

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Choi since 1990 (19 years already!!). He is very professional and pays attention to detail. He explains things thoroughly in easy-to-understand language. He is never condescending or patronizing. He is punctual, and always willing to discuss health issues. However, it is best to have a list of your complaints written down when you go in, so each one can be addressed. My only complaint is that it has been difficult or impossible to get a same- or next-day appointment for illness; on those occasions, I've ended up in the "Urgent Care" clinic in his building. While I would have preferred to see my regular doctor, Dr. Zarine Mistry at the clinic is also thorough, and very friendly. Many of Dr. Choi's office staff have been with him as long as I have, and are very friendly and helpful. I have recommended him to quite a few friends. He stays abreast of current medical information, so I always feel comfortable with his decisions about medications or treatments.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Dr. Choi is never on time and has no sense of humor. However, he will take the necessary time to explain things and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2007

Dr. H. Steven Choi's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1983)