Ratings for Dr. Marshall Hay

Doctor Hay is amazing. He trusted his suspicion last year and diagnosed me with a cholesteatoma. Thanks to him I have now had surgery to remove the tumor and am very greatful to his expertise. Not to mention he is very warm and welcoming and does an awesome job at explaining everything in detail. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

Doctor Hey is really professional and knowledgeable professional, I’ve been to Dr. Hey for my tinnitus to be treated and he explained to me everything as it’s related to my depression , A year later I went for checkup and he figured out that I might have sleep apnea and this will really help my depression and everything if treated... Today I just got my sleep results and The test showed that I have over severe sleep apnea .. will see Dr. Hey next week . Unquestioned I would recommend Dr Marshall Hay to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Dr. Hay was very professional and easy to talk on my first appointment with him. I was nervous going to a new doctor but left feeling confident that he would look after me. He was kind and gentle with his examination and explained everything to me. I left feeling very happy to seen have seen him and would highly recommend him to anyone needing a throat doctor.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Amazing experiences here. I arrived at two of my appointments early and was seen almost right away. Dr. Hay really listened to my concerns and was very thorough with my examination. He heard me when I told him nasal sprays had not helped my conditions in the past and said he would not prescribe me another one if that was the case. After my CT scan, which happened promptly, Dr. Hay explained to me exactly what was going on and gave me all of my options. Furthermore, it seemed like he went out of his way to research a doctor who would perform a procedure that he could not do. He also researched the efficacy of the procedure and gave me as much detail as he could about it. I really appreciate all of his help, as he is the first doctor to really take my symptoms seriously and really delve into them. He and the rest of the staff are super friendly! I'd recommend him to anyone looking for otolaryngologist!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Unhurried, good manner, explains diagnosis clearly.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

Excellent doctor and staff. Would refer him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Thoroughly explains everything, kind and patient. And punctual!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

What a nice guy! He was professional, knowledgeable and patient with all my questions. And eager to help! Went to him for a second opinion and he was willing to refer me for tonsil surgery whereas other doctors try to avoid it for reasons of high cost to OHIP....Thanks Dr. Marshall. You're great and keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

Ok so Dr. Hay from my personal experience was a good experience because he did his job as he should as a doctor. He ordered me a CT scan which I needed to confirm if I have a cholesteatoma and when it was confirmed that I do have one, he immediately referred me to the best surgeon in Toronto General for a surgery. His receptionist on the other hand is very incompetent and/or lazy. My cholesteatoma is a potentially life threatening situation as in I need surgery ASAP, and this woman just sat on my referral for a whole month. I called her twice in between to ask if it went through and she said no, and that it would take 4 weeks. So almost at the end of those 4 weeks I called her again and got the number of the surgeon's office and found out they never even received a referral!!! I'm potentially at the risk of getting meningitis because of this woman's laziness/incompetence. DO NOT trust the receptionist with anything, she almost never picks up the phone when you call. I don't know what she is doing working there if she can't do her job properly and is lazy all the time. It's OUR job to take care of our health, DO NOT be nervous or afraid to call the office over and over again to bother and make sure everything is being done in a timely manner since she doesn't care. YOUR LIFE IS IMPORTANT AS YOU ONLY GET ONE. So do WHATEVER IT TAKES to make sure everything is going to be okay.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Went to Dr. Hay because I'm suffering from tinnitus. Told me to buy a white noise machine and live with it. Also said he was aware of people going to emergency units because they wanted to blow their brains out. Offered nothing else! Have since found out from another audiologist about tinnitus retaining therapies that one can try. This other audiologist was aghast at the response I received from him, especially being in such a desperate state.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2017