Ratings for Dr. Perry M. Perretz

If you are looking for a doctor who can help you overcome pain, look no further than Dr. Perretz. Dr. Perretz is a rare gem in a sea of stones: a doctor who actually wishes to cure you, and who has the tools to do it. Eighteen years ago I popped a muscle in my glute, and it has never been the same since. I tried chiropractic, massage, stretching, and other approaches, but nothing helped. I was severely limited in the exercises I could do. Squats hurt, I couldn't run, or even race-walk. I was almost resigned to life without a left glute. About 2 years ago I started working with a personal trainer, and a few months ago I decided to research new approaches, as I wanted to be able to do all the exercises offered. A web search brought me to Dr. Perretz who does prolotherapy. When I looked at all his excellent reviews, I decided to try him. After one treatment, the pain was about 80% improved. After 4 treatments I can say I am as good as new. After 18 years, 4 prolotherapy treatments cured me. Dr. Perretz sets aside an hour per patient. You read that right, an hour! He listens carefully to your complaints, asks questions, and tests for himself. He is very confident without being arrogant. You feel you are in good hands. I have read that prolotherapy is quackery. However, I would like to quote from a Sports Illustrated article from March 30, 2017. "If you suffer from chronic knee pain, you may have tried anti-inflammatory medicines, physical therapy, or cortisone shots to provide some relief. Now, a new scientific review lends support to a lesser-known remedy that may work when others don’t: prolotherapy, a technique that involves injecting a sugar solution into joints damaged by osteoarthritis or injury...the review found that patients reported improvements in pain, function, and range of motion with prolotherapy, and no dangerous side effects were reported." I wish I could shout from the rooftops, "If you have pain, run, don't walk to Dr. Perretz!" You will be glad you did.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2018

In late 2011, I tore the meniscus in my left knee, probably due to running. By February of the following year, I didn't want to deal with the pain anymore so I went to an orthopedist, had an MRI and was told I required surgery. I was not liking the idea of surgery and the quick decision of the doctor, without alternatives to try first. I did some research, reading about prolotherapy and found Dr Perretz. I went to see him in July of 2012 and had 5 treatments which ended in October. He was very thorough, studying my MRIs and investigating my pain. I felt much better by the end of the treatment, but it wasn't a 100% cure all. Within 3-4 months I had healed it the rest of the way on my own. I believe the prolotherapy and this doctor's excellent skills are what were the main reason for my healing. I even began running again. In late 2013 I tore the meniscus in my right knee, definitely due to running. This time I did not go to the orthopedist considering my last experience. I knew it was a torn meniscus because the symptoms were identical to the last. It wasn't healing, so I finally went to Dr. Perretz in autumn 2014 for 3 treatments. Again, immediately better, but not cured. Again cured in a few months after the treatments. What can I say, this is an excellent doctor who is also a nice guy, with a functional office. It doesn't get much better. Do some research, if prolotherapy or anything Dr. Perretz does can help you, he should be your doctor.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Excellent. Experienced. Knowledgeable Putting me back together ligament by ligament, muscle by muscle...the holistic way. After 8 epidurals ,2 sac jt injections, 3 rfa's for my lumbar/sacral that did nothing but trash my nerves & tissues , 4 knee ops, It took me many years to discover Dr Perretz - so glad I found him.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

After 18 months of trying the following treatments: physical therapy, acupuncture, chiropractics, therapeutic massage and various pain meds, I finally felt lasting relief from chronic pain. I was initially a bit skeptical of the method, but it worked! My only regret is that I didn't find him sooner.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Perretz is a very competent doctor and is very caring person who takes time to listen. I have severe arthritis in my cervical vertebrae. His treatment has been very effective for me.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

I came to Dr Perretz as a last hopes before I was going to have surgery. I went to an ortopedic dr as I was having pains down my left arm and numbness in my 2 fingers. it was determined by xray and MRI that I had a buldging disc between 6 and 7 of my vertabrea .we tried PT and I had 4 epidurals in my neck but the pain was still there not as bad but still there. It was determind that I had to have my neck fused with a plate and screws to take the disc out etc. I was scared really to do that. So before i did that I wanted to try everything else maybe out there before surgery. One article spoke about "prolotherapy" when searching for other solutions so I said I need to at least try this so I looked up dr's and Dr perretz came up so I made an appointment to go over everything etc. Dr said "I think I can help you without surgery for what I had" we went over the procedures and what is involved , a group of shots, which by this time was a norm for me. and after a few appointments I can say I feel great, a slight pain every once in a while but so much better. No surgery, it did not happen over night but a series of appointments and it was 100% so worth it for me to explore the alternate means and not rush into surgery . Dr Perretz. was alife saver for me. worth trying 100% before having surgery would recommend him and the procedure to everyone. People also see a difference in me not complaining about the pains.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

This is a very thorough and conscientious Doctor. He is very attentive and helpful. He is more on the holistic/alternative side but these methods are proven and effective.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I had severe arthritis pain in my left hip. I had pain all time, while standing, sitting, sleeping and walking.I was ready to have a hip replacement even as much as that would have been really difficult for me to undertake. So I looked for alternatives and tried some but nothing made much of a difference. However, I had not yet tried Prolotherapy. I saw Dr Perretz to try Prolotherapy. Wonderfully, after a series of shots over 3 visits in a 2 month period my pain was reduce by 50%. Unfortunately I waited too long to try Prolotherapy and thus allowed my arthritis to advance too far to ever feel totally normal again. If I had done Prolotherapy sooner my improvement would have been much better. I regret I didn't do it sooner because I had been living with pain for over 7 years. Now I am actually riding the stationary bike which I could not do before seeing Dr Perretz. I am so grateful to Dr Perretz and Prolotherapy. I feel like I have some of my life back.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2013

It has been an extraordinary experience to have a treatment and the treatment has a permanency that I have never felt before. I had seen a number of Chiropractors in the past and the reoccurence of pain/issues were only a day or two after treatment.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Very pleased with Doctor Perretz in all aspects. I visited after an orthopedist recommended rotator cuff surgery. Dr. Perretz was able to completely and totally relieve symptoms and pain using his alternative techniques. Dr. Perretz took great time and care during all visits, was nothing but professional and genuine. I feel fortunate to have been treated by Dr. Perretz. While some of the treatments were not covered by insurance, the charges were very reasonable and great value compared with other groups I researched who offer similar services. It's with great pleasure I recommend Dr. Perretz without reservation.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Dr. Perry M. Perretz's Credentials

• University Of New England, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1999)