Ratings for Dr. Dhar Doobay

This doctor doesn't care about his patients. All he cares about is maximizing income by ordering unnecessary tests. I came in for a medical which was extremely time sensitive. I stressed that this was for a job offer which was conditional on the medical and the doctor ordered a barrage of tests and took off on vacation without signing the form. I already paid for the test and now have to find another doctor to sign the forms so that I don't lose this job. The office staff are no help and everytime I call someone else answers the phone without idenitfying themseles. Test results are coming through the fax machines and no one knows whether they have come in. The office is mass confusion.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Dr Dhar is fantastic h e helped me through loosing my husband in a very tragic accident, he has time to talk to you and he has a very good sense of humour

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Knowlegeable, caring, returns calls, answers concerns and never rushes patient. Friendly, calm, patient w parents and babies.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

I'm a new patient of Dr Doobay and I think he is excellent. I have chronic back pain and he is the first MD to provide me with significant relief (and that includes seeing 2 pain specialists). He is thorough, knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

I have found Dr. Doobay to be an excellent doctor and very personable. My husband and I as well as my parents have had him and we have thought him to be a very caring and knowledgeable doctor. My father has dymentia and when we were having problems with him at home Dr. Doobay offered to do a house call. Now how many doctors do that anymore, not many. He always takes his time with us when we need to talk and he explains everything to us so we understand. We have enjoyed having Dr. Doobay as our doctor. I have not been as pleased with the front end staff. They can be very abrupt and almost rude. They do not seem to care what your concerns are and don't always give the doctor messages and they do not always pass on test results.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

i started seeing dr.doobay this summer after suffering a very bad illness where i was in the hospital for a time, and needed taking care of regularly, he has been my grammas doctor for sometime, and her description of him matches others, her started off very gruff at first but has slowly adapted, since i became his patient in June-2011 he has been the best doctor i have ever had, if i call to make a appoitment i am seen within a week, if i call to ask him something on the phone, he always calls back the same day .short wait times and my appoitments with him range from 15 minutes to 45 he takes his time with me goes over everything ive had issues with and every appoitment i have with him he checks over everything, never misses anything and is perfectly fine with finding me doctors i need for different things, i always get my referals fast, i am very satisified with Dr.Doobay and am very glad he is my doctor

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012

Been very ill, went to his clinic the reception told me i had the flu, i told her no. ended up going to hospital next day had infection, was put on intervenus and home care to give me antibiotics, seen doc took me off meds to get another blood test, was told he would call on the monday to start new antibiotic and has been a week, not a word from Doctors office

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

DR. Doobay had my parents and brother as his patients. My mother left. My father and brother are still there. I wanted to speak with him not get info just to notify him on something that I am concerned about and he would not return my call.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I think Dhar is a case of someone from a different culture slowly acclimatizing to Canada. I've been his patient from pretty much 'day one' of his Uxbridge practice. I'd agree with other comments that his 'bedside manner' was brusque and 'off-putting', but recently he's become more relaxed and has even acquired a sense of humour. What I like about him is that he is professional and opinionated - he will tell WHY you should or should not be worrying about issues and he seems to be able to accept and counter internet research. I actually like the fact that I used to be able to see him right on time and now I sometimes wait 15 minutes - it means he's not shortchanging the last patient in favour of the schedule. He certainly gives me the time I need for appointments, though if you want standard blood results, don't wait for him to call you. All in all, I think Dhar is growing to be a pretty good Ontario GP. His front desk staff are efficient but imperious; his nurse assistants are angels.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Makes errors in orders and prescriptions. Take care with this guy. He seems good but then you realize how many times he has screwed up on your case.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009