Dr. Avi Islur

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Avi Islur

I got Tummy Tuck & Liposuction after losing 150 pounds. I saw Dr. Avi Islur for it. I’m 54 years old and never felt or looked better. Thank you to everyone At First Glance who took part in my surgery.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2020

Unless you are getting an expensive breasts or tiny tucks done, this doctors experience or interest in as anything but that is limmited. Does not seem to want to help our let you explain. Very rushed and waste of MY time. If you need corrective or reconstructive surgery in nature please go elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2020

I had hand surgery, Dr. Islur was on time or early for every single appointment. I found him to be very kind and he took the time to explain the surgery and the exercises and what to expect. I would definitely recommend him

flag | Submitted January 9, 2020

I waited an hour for my paid for consult. He rushed the entire thing, had no sizers and didn't explain why he recommended the BA+ BL vs just the BA. I was so nervous during the appointment and the rushing of it did not help. He quickly took photos and left me with the app and his staff member. Disappointed in the appointment, in which i then went to conult another PS and my experience was the exact opposite. Also was given the complete adverse advice on what type of procedure. Girls do your research, don't just follow the hype. These are life changing procedures .He might be a great PS, but based on my consult I won't find out. Which is unfortunate because going in i thought from looking him up that he would be best suited for me and my top choice.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2019

Dr. Avi Islur, nurse Jenny and his staff is very professional there all amazing 😉 and very educated in there field. They all took a care of all my needs the day of surgery on Dec 4th at 7:30am and informed me to the exact details that was need to be done before my explant surgery with Dr. Avi Islur. She is very good listener and she is very compassionate toward the patients needs. She makes you feel like your very important she truly understands what I was experiencing at that moment. She was very compassionate with her excellent bedside manner when dealing with patients one on one. The over all experience was very good with with all the staff and the Wonderful results of my surgery and feeling and looking better I saw and felt the results right after I woke up from the anesthesia in wonderful area that was very comforting and very warm. Thank you to Dr. Avi Islur and his amazing 😉 staff for helping me feel and look better from the big surgery on Dec 4, at 7:30am. Dr Islur thank you so much for being so wonderful and very compassionate towards what I was going through. I highly recommended getting surgery done with Dr. Avi Islur he is very experienced and very compassionate towards your needs for the specific surgery or medical services your looking for. He does a wonderful job giving you the honest feedback and a realistic outcome when providing a service that is dealing with an plastic surgery being offered by there clinic.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2019

Great overall experience with Dr. Avi Islur at the first glance. Thank you all for your excellent service. Extremely happy with my breast augmentation results.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2019

Had my Video consultation with Dr. Avi Islur for my Tummy Tuck (I live in Edmonton) and felt comfortable with him and his staff right away. Very friendly, answered all of my questions. Very thorough. Flew in to have my surgery, everything went smooth. Now 4 weeks after surgery feeling great and excited to see my results. Overall great experience

flag | Submitted September 19, 2019

I was encouraged to see Dr. Islur by my family doctor after i was told by my previous PS that nothing could be done for my breasts and abdomen. I had plastic surgery years ago but had a new relatioship and had a child and lost 60lbs. Obviously this created some lose skin on my tummy but in an odd way because of the previous scar. I had also developed hardness (?capsular contracture) to my breast on one side and the previous PS operated on this twice but not much seemed to change after each surgery. I was pretty upset that my previous PS told me nothing could make me better and to "just live with it!!!!" I saw Dr Islur a few months ago for a consult and he asked me if I would be happy with a 60-70% improvement. Honestly I told him a 20-30% improvement would be amazing. Well I had had my surgery 2 months ago and he definitely made me feel 100% better!! I am so so happy I went to see him. My breasts are soft, they feel better than they ever have and my tummy looks awesome. I feel like he gave me what I always thought I would have and should have had all along. Thanks Dr. Islur, JC

flag | Submitted August 1, 2019

Had a consult for carpal tunnel surgery. He wanted to schedule the surgery immediately without having any background information on my condition. He didn’t want to listen to anything I said. I was smiling a bit when he was giving his spiel and he got offended. He literally stopped and asked me why I was smiling, as though I had offended his precious ego. He kept reiterating, ‘I’m trying to help you and you’re smiling.’ Just the the worst kind of arrogance. Like a small, insecure child. He’s the reason people dislike physicians and why they have a reputation for having god complexes. I left feeling like I had just been through an argument with an ex-wife. If he was employed in any other system he would have been sacked a long time ago. Utterly disgraceful, arrogant prick.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2019

After losing 90 pounds I was left with loose hanging excess skin. I wanted to improve the way I felt and looked after losing all that weight so I booked a consult with Dr. Avi Islur. He has a lot of experience with weight loss patients and my bariatric surgeon said wonderful things about him too so I felt confident with booking surgery with him. I feel 100% better after undergoing Body Contouring surgery after my weight loss, it was one of the best decisions I’ve made. it helped me feel Comfortable in my skin again. Extremely happy with the results and my experience. Very Nice, friendly.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

Dr. Avi Islur 's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Avi Islur is a Board Certified Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgeon located in Winnipeg, MB, Canada.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2007)

• Breast Augmentation