Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. A. Islur

Dr. Avi Islur Add a photo Dr. Avi Islur 5.0 (13) Plastic surgeon in Winnipeg, ManitobaClosed OVERVIEW REVIEWS PHOTOS ABOUT 1 of 4 CALL DIRECTIONS WEBSITE 1851 Grant Avenue, Winnipeg, MB R3N 1Z2 Closed ⋅ Opens 7:30 a.m. (204) 813-0305 Suggest an edit Province: Manitoba Street View 6+ Photos Add a photo REVIEW SUMMARY 5 ★ 4 ★ 3 ★ 2 ★ 1 ★ 5.0 13 reviews "His staff are wonderful but he is hands on." "I couldn't be any happier with my results." "I would highly reccomend him and his team! :D" Alexis Carlin - Edit 17 minutes ago More Google reviews FROM DR. AVI ISLUR "Cosmetic Plastic Surgery and Skin Health" VIEW ALL PEOPLE ALSO SEARCH FOR Aesthetic Solutions | Dr. Robert Turner 4.8 (36) Plastic Surgery Clinic First Glance Aesthetic Clinic 4.4 (66) Plastic Surgery Clinic Western Surgery Centre 4.7 (13) Plastic Surgeon Dr Manfred Ziesmann Cosmeti... 3.2 (9) Medical Center Maples Surgical Centre 4.2 (5) Surgical Center View all WEB RESULTS Dr. Avi Islur: Board Certified Plastic Surgeon | Winnipeg https://drislur.ca Dr. Avi Islur is a Top Rated Board Certified  Plastic Surgeon, Winnipeg | Specializing in  Breast ... Plastic Surgery in Winnipeg, MB. Dr. A. Islur - Winnipeg, MB - Cosmetic Surgeon / Physician ... https://www.ratemds.com › doctor-ratings Dr. A. Islur has a 4.7/5 rating from  patients. Visit RateMDs for ... Dr. Avi Islur  Board Certified Plastic + Reconstructive  Surgeon. Dr. Avi Islur - Clinique St. Boniface Clinic | Winnipeg https://www.stbclinic.com › dr-avi-islur Dr Avi Islur. M.D., FRCSC. Dr -Avi-Islur- Winnipeg-Manitoba-Canada. Office  Telephone: (204) 925-9539. Fax Number: ( 204) 233-4271. 2 of 4 GOOGLE REVIEW SUMMARY

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

I had a tummy tuck, arm lift and breast lift four month ago with Dr. Islur following gastric bypass surgery 4 years ago. I lost over 170 pounds and couldn’t stand all the loose skin. I had the ideal weight but all the loose skin made me feel large still. I couldn’t be more ecstatic about my results. My scars have all healed up and are starting to fade. I finally have the curves back to my body and look and feel the way I deserve. Lol my husband can’t stop chasing me around the house. I can’t wait to get my legs and butt lift done. Thank you Dr. Islur for getting me my confidence and life back.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2018

Consulted about breast implants and he tried to upsell me to an inside bra that would cost thousands more! My quote was over $12000. I saw 2 more Platic docs who both disagreed and said there was no reason other then money for that recommendation. I lost trust.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Dr. A. Islur's response
Thank you for your comments. Internal bra support or the use of Alloderm procedures are offered to patients that have significant loose skin (stretch marks) and wishing for a larger implant, massive weight loss patients, previous breast reduction patients, revision augmentation patients with IMF crease loss, suffer from recurrent capsular contracture, or have malposition issues such as synmastia, or lateral displacement. Unfortunately other surgeons may not be familiar with the technique as I am one of few plastic surgeons in Canada that perform it. I’m sorry if you feel it was an “up-sell”. It is offered to provide you with the best long term outcome. I would be happy to see you back again for future discussion if you wish.

Submitted July 19, 2018

Dr. Islur and his team at the first glance are TOP NOTCH! They are friendly, professional and attentive to questions and concerns. They made me feel very comfortable from my first phone call. Everything from the consult, pre-op, surgery and follow up care has been excellent and a positive experience. I had breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck May 2018. I was so happy with my consultation that I called to book my procedure the next day. I was able to get the date I wanted. The day of the procedure I was made very comfortable. Everything was re-explained to me. Any questions I had answered. I was at ease the whole time. The surgery went very well. Pain was managed easily. The sutures healed beautifully. Scars will be minimal. I am 2 months out and they look fantastic.8 I couldn't be any happier with my results. I made the right choice. Dr. Islur is professional and an amazing surgeon. I highly recommend Dr. Islur and his team. A+++

flag | Submitted July 11, 2018

Dr. A. Islur's response
Thank you for your kind words! It is always great to hear from my patients.

Submitted July 19, 2018

Dr. Islur’s wait list is a little longer than most of the other plastic surgeons in Winnipeg, and he is one of the most expensive surgeons in our city. BUT you get what you pay for! It was 100% worth the wait, and worth every single penny to see Dr. Islur !

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

After much research, my physician and myself chose Dr. Islur as the Surgeon I would like for my medically required breast reduction. My Physician sent in the referral. After waiting over two months to hear anything, Dr. Islur finally sent a return letter to my Physician. In the letter he stated I should see another Plastic Surgeon. There was no reason given. No courtesy of a response, or even a call to me to say why. I called their office and asked why I was denied and I received no call back. This is completely unethical and unprofessional. And it leads me to believe nothing else but that because I have a medical surgical need, and I am not for profit, I was turned away. Nice work Dr. Islur.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Dr. A. Islur's response
Thank you for your comment and I am sorry that your expectations were not met. I currently receive 30 + breast reduction consults a week in addition to over 100+ other plastic surgery health care insured issues (traumatic hand injuries, breast cancer reconstruction, skin cancers etc). As such, my current wait list for an appointment is 2-3 months followed by a 6-9 month wait to have an elective operation (such as a breast reduction) performed. As I don't feel it is fair for patients to wait this long to have an insured procedure performed, I have redirected some referrals (of all types) to excellent colleagues in Winnipeg who can treat these conditions without making patients, like yourself, wait an extended period of time. This was not personal, nor was it based on profitability. Your surgical issue was not denied. I simply tried to facilitate a way for you to receive the surgery you require in a more timely manner. In the future, my office and I will try and do a better job at informing referring doctors offices/patients being redirected elsewhere so they understand that their health care issue will be addressed. Lastly, patients who wish for me to operate on them can always call our office back and request that their care not be redirected or have their physicians state that in their referral letter.

Submitted June 25, 2018

Dr Islur & his team are phenomenal! Perfectionists

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Dr Islur was great! He addressed all of my concerns I had prior to my breast agumentation without me even bringing them up. Surgery went well and I’m 2 weeks post op and absolutely love my results already. His staff is beyond helpful and very easy to talk to and made me feel comfortable through the whole experience! I would highly recommend him to anyone without a doubt. Thank you so so much Dr Islur!!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Dr Islur did an excellent job on my mini timmy tuck even though I didn’t have a lot of extra skin. The scar is super low and healed perfect. B4 surgery he explained everything and answered all my questions without rushing me.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Breast augmentation surgery went so well! I heard he specializes in natural looking results so I booked with him. I am so in love with my perfectly shaped breasts! Thank you to you and your entire staff Dr. Islur!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. A. Islur's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2007)

AHC