Ratings for Dr. A. Islur

I had a breast reduction in February 2017and I cant say enough about Dr. Islur. He's a fantastic doctor, so warm and caring. He took the time to answer all all my questions and put my mind at ease. My results are amazing. His staff in both the office and OR are also great. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Dr Avi is a genuine, and has a calm and cool demeanor. He knows what he is doing and will be honest with you about expectations.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

I have nothing bad to say about Dr Islur nor the staff at his clinic. I received top notch care from him and his staff. Everyone treated me with a lot of respect and genuinely cared about making this a good experience. HIGHLY recommended

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Dr Islur is fantastic! He's had to do three surgeries on me. I had one complication (not his fault) and I got to see him the day I called his office, it was a "surgery day" for him. The nurse said to come in but I might be waiting a while since he's in and out of the O.R, I waited about 10 minutes for him. He answered all of my questions and I felt relieved after seeing him, knowing I'm in great hands. I would recommend him to anyone. He's always been professional , polite and punctual, which isn't all too common for most doctors in my opinion..

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

I was disappointed by Dr Islur. I was first referred to him a few years ago when he was still working out of the Maples Surgical centre, which I'm strongly advising anybody who reads this to stay away from. This place and their staff don't care about you at all, they're only interested in getting your money. The accounts payable woman (I believe her name is Ashley or something) comes across as nice and understandable but she is pure evil. She just wants to know how soon you can write them a cheque. Anyways, there was a lot of miscommunication with Dr Islur, his intentions were misleading and deceiving. I wanted him to perform a certain type of surgery (chest masculinization/top surgery) that would create a huge scar on my chest, which was totally fine by me. He convinced me to proceed in another way that involved having a much smaller scar, and and see how things look from there. Things just looked horrible. He basically just treated me like his breast cancer patients, did a double mastectomy, and the results were awful. My nipples were way too big, the nipple placement on my chest was completely off, there was still a lot of loose skin...it was just awful. He then agreed to do a revision a few months later but again, not much was done and the results were still really bad so he said he would do a third revision, 2 years after the initial surgery. I then told him that maybe now was the time to realize that his minimal scarring method doesn't work in my case and that I would need that double incision and nipple graft. It's only at that point that he told me that he would just not perform that surgery. He thinks that it's awful, it leaves a huge scar on the person's chest, that it's his name and reputation out there and that he simply would not do that. I was pissed because if I had known that from the start, I would have gone to another surgeon who has more experience with trans guys and more importantly, I would have never given them my money that took me such a long time to save up. I just decided to go with another surgeon who is attentive, listens to what their patients want, and has experience performing surgeries on transmen.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

I had a tummy tuck with muscle repair with Dr. Islur in November/2016. After having 2 large babies I was left with an apron that I wanted gone! I wanted to wait a few months to write a review as I wanted to see how my results were a few months out. I am currently 12 weeks post op and I LOVE how I look. Dr. Islur did the most amazing job on my stomach and I am so happy I chose him to my surgery. The office staff has been so helpful as well, they are always willing to answer all my questions. I am heading on winter vacation in a couple days and I am excited to be rocking a bikini once again! Thank you Dr. Islur for being such an amazing surgeon! If you are looking for an amazing doctor, definitely choose Dr. Islur.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I recently had a breast lift with Dr Islur. Though still healing the results are gorgeous. I wanted the lift because I lost a significant amount of weight, almost 100 pounds and my breasts suffered the consequences. My new breasts are perky, firm and cute. I may go back for implants in the future as Dr Islur explained that it would be best to do it in two different surgeries.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Feeling much better, and more confident after my breast surgery.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Very nice guy, he took the time to explain everything step-by-step. Happy with my results.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Thank you for all your help Dr. Islur. I really appreciate it.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

Dr. A. Islur's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 2002)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal