Ratings for Dr. Andrew Irvine

This doctor does not sterilize his equipment! Talk about a law suit

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

Dr Irvine has been treating me since October of 2015. I have plantar warts on the bottom of my left heel that I have been struggling with for almost 30 years. I have tried everything - freezing, cutting, homeopathic, and 'old school' remedies. Nothing has worked and they just got larger and more painful. He warned me that I would hate him some days as the blister beetle treatment is very painful - he was right! It is now the middle of May, 2016, and I am thrilled to report that the bottom of my foot is almost completely wart-free, and UN-scarred. For anyone who has serious plantar wart issues I highly recommend this treatment. It's not an easy one, but the results are undeniable!! And the fact that not only is there no scarring, but that the lines in the skin are coming back means that I will finally be able to walk properly and wear sandals!!! This is THE ONLY treatment that works on such major cases and doesn't cause scarring. I'm so grateful for the kindness of the staff during this period - they really helped me keep going!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I had severe heel pain for many months. I was referred by my family doctor and Dr. Irvine's staff was excellent and I was able to get an appointment in a week. Dr. Irvine did a full examination of my feet and took the time to explain the cause of my pain and a full plan to get better. I've been to three other foot doctors in the last 6 months and they all told me to stand up, they looked at my feet and told me I needed orthotics. They didn't even touch my feet! I received a cortisone shot in my heel, my feet where molded for custom orthotics and then my foot was taped up. His girls did my molds, taped my foot and explained my insurance papers. It's been two months now and my pain is gone! Dr. Irvine is a great doctor and his staff was always very helpful. The best experience I had after going to those other places.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Horrible experience every time, rushed, all about the money. Negative environment. The girl in the back is so over worked it should be illegal.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Irvine since 2009 and he's helped me with several issues with both of my feet. I can't say enough about Dr. Irvine's knowledge and care., just outstanding. Dr. Irvine's Office Manager Lisa and assistant Brittney have always been friendly and caring. Having been a long term patient and have been to all three offices, I have had nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend Dr. Irvine.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Dr Irvine is a wonderful doctor who seems very knowledgeable about his practice. However the amount of negative energy in this clinic is unbelievable. I normally travel between his three clinics and have witnessed so many times how the doctors wife, yells and has no consideration for her staff in front of patients. Degrading sweet young girls who are over worked and likely underpaid. This office is very unprofessional in this regards and I will not be further referring anyone to you. I am sorry.

Submitted September 1, 2015

Love the knowledge and helpfulness of Dr. Irvine. He does a great job with my orthotics and takes the time to talk with me about treatment options.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I saw Dr. Irvine for about a year. I was fitted with orthotics and I had 10 Theralase treatments for foot pain. Dr. Irvine seems very knowledgeable and professional. I can't say the same for some of his staff. I was unable to get the laser treatments 3 times per week due to transportation and other reasons. I specifically asked on more than one occasion and more than one person if it mattered that I was not able to get the treatments as suggested and was told no each time. I was away for five weeks during the summer. I called when I returned to continue with the treatments as after eight I still hadn't had any relief. In fact, it seemed to exacerbate the pain. I was told that I needed to have upwards of 15 treatments before I would feel any benefits. I was also in the process of moving out of province and thought I should wait until I reached my new residence before continuing treatments. I was convinced by Lisa and Dr. Irvine to continue with the treatments. I did as was suggested and had a few more treatments. After moving I found a new Dr. I've had five more treatments with a different kind of laser as Theralase isn't available in my province. After my treatment today I was told that since it had been a couple of months between treatments that none of the treatments I received in Calgary were any good as it was too long in between. I feel like I was duped. I called and spoke with Lisa today and all she did was try to discredit my new doctor. She was unwilling to take any responsibility for the misinformation she gave me. She was very condescending.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I saw Dr. Irvine for about a year. I was fitted with orthotics and I had 10 Theralase treatments for foot pain. Dr. Irvine is very knowledgeable and professional. I can't say the same for some of his staff. I was unable to get the laser treatments 3 times per week due to transportation and other reasons. I specifically asked on more than one occasion and more than one person if it mattered that I was not able to get the treatments as suggested and was told no each time. I was away for five weeks during the summer. I called when I returned to continue with the treatments as after eight I still hadn't had any relief. In fact, it seemed to exacerbate the pain. I was told that I needed to have upwards of 15 treatments before I would feel any benefits. I was also in the process of moving out of province and thought I should wait until I reached my new residence before continuing treatments. I was convinced by Lisa and Dr. Irvine to continue with the treatments. I did as was suggested and had a few more treatments. After moving I found a new Dr. I've had five more treatments with a different kind of laser as Theralase isn't available in my province. After my treatment today I was told that since it had been a couple of months between treatments that none of the treatments I received in Calgary were any good as it was too long in between. I feel like I was duped. I called and spoke with Lisa today and all she did was try to discredit my new doctor. She was unwilling to take any responsibility for the misinformation she gave me.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2014

I recently saw Dr. Irvine for a second opinion for multiple injuries sustained after an accident. He seemed very knowledgable and willing to help. However, I had concerns with the treatment options he had offered because I've been continuously dedicating the past year to the same treatments to help hopefully heal my foot. He seemed visibily agitated that I was questioning him about his treatment options and began to abruptly interrupt me and ignore my concerns, as I even became upset by the way he was speaking to me. He made a few sarcastic/unproffessional comments and made me feel like a child. He was very rough in the way that he handled physically observing my injuries and continued even after i said it was very painful. I left the clinic in more pain than when I had gotten there, and personally felt bullied. Will not be seeing him again.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014