Ratings for Dr. Andrew Irvine

I'm going to save all of you moms out there who are taking their kids in for "toe walking" a ton of money and hassle. We saw this doctor a couple years ago and were told that my daughters toe walking absolutely had to be corrected, that she would likely suffer from all kinds of issues down the road if we didn't get it fixed. The "fix" that was recommended was extensive physiotherapy and of course, custom (MONEY MONEY MONEY) orthotics. We shelled out $1,000 and were told we would have to come back every couple years or do because she would outgrow them. (Great.) But we didn't want her having major issues so we went ahead. The orthotics seemed to work alright, although we had a hell of a time getting them into ANY kind of shoe and winter boots was OUT OF THE QUESTION. But we tried to persevere with them because they seemed to help and we were told her toe walking was a problem and we wanted to get it under control. We also did the physio, spent hours and tons of money on stretching, trying to get this "problem" corrected all to no avail. After a few weeks in the orthotics she had found a way to still get up on her tip toes, even with the orthotics in. 2 years later and countless reminders, "honey! flat feet!", $200+ on shoes to try to find ones that would work with the orthotics, calls from the school saying she was still waking on her tip toes, etc. etc etc. This year we got her a pair of soft-soled shoes and now she was back up on her tip toes every single day even WITH orthotics (by this point it was too late to return them and get a refund.) We were beyond frustrated we threw the things in the garbage. We stopped going to physio and pretty much just gave up. One day by chance we were seeing a pediatrician for my other daughter and she recommend we get a referral to an orthopedic specialist at the children hospital for my toe-walker. I went today thinking I had nothing to lose. We were at our whits end on how to solve this issue and frankly pretty peeved at the amount of money we had thrown away the last year. He looked me right in the face and bluntly said, "orthotics won't do a thing and neither will stretching. And by the way - toe walking in kids is totally fine so long as they have no pain, most kids outgrow it and even if they don't there is no research to suggest there are any long term affects with long term toe-walking". I couldn't believe it. Over a year of hassle and not to mention big time money down the tubes and yeah.. it's totally NOT an issues. He also said, "you probably paid a fortune for the orthotics, huh?" UMMM YEAH :/ So mom's: toe walking in kids is TOTALLY NORMAL and not a problem! My daughters toe walking is so bad she's up on her very very tip toes all the time and coming from the best specialist in the city - it's totally ok and does not need to be corrected. If you doubt, ask for a referral to orthopedics at the children's hospital and save yourself a ton of money, hassle and stress on your little one. I wish we'd seen the specialist before we came to Dr. Irvine.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

having plantar faciitis to go along with gout made my life very difficult in he past year. Upon meeting Dr Irvine, following a recommendation by my GP, I was impressed by his vast knowledge and self confidence. he designed an insole that immediately fixed my problem . I wish I would have gone to him earlier instead of spending $ 2000.00 on shoes , insoles and useless physio.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Great doctor, the only thing I dsiliked about his method of treating is he would tell you how you feel or what is wrong without letting you have a conversation with him. Al i did was agreed to what he said which was true but I wanted to explain it myself. he wants to do the all talking. Nice person though

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

I've had a plantars wart on the ball of my right foot. After 8 treats of cutting and using liquid nitrogen, I was getting no where and the pain stayed the same. I looked up Dr. Irvine, I was impressed by his knowledge of the issues, causes and corrections to treatment (of course he would know, he's and specialist). I liked how honest and upfront he is about the treatment not being fun, it honestly sucked, my wart was deep so it took about 5 treatments. There was never any pressure of continuing treatments if i didnt want to as he said I can discontinue if I choose to. But obviously to be back to 100% you have to pay the price to be healthy again and can't give up on it. Overall, today was my last treatment and the warts pretty much gone! His two lovely staff members were awesome every visit, very friendly and courteous. I thought the wart was going to be stuck with me forever and I could never get rid of it. But I'm glad I found Dr. Irvine and his colleagues. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Irvine is amazing. He is so knowledgeable and very professional. He is a wonderful Dr and has the greatest two staff members working for him. His wife on the other hand is nothing less than awful. She is rude, treats patients like they are ATM machines, and treats her staff terrible. Always yelling and rushing them around. So terrible I don't even know why they put up with it. Well I guess they do because Dr Irvine is so great. Working with your wife so close is not a good idea Dr. I will not return because of her and Im sure I'm not the only one.

Submitted February 6, 2017

Dr Irvine has been treating my plantar warts for a month now. He is professional and very knowledgable. I find his staff to be welcoming and friendly. He was very honest when he stated that I would hate him because of the stinging pain...... He was right. After the blister beetle treatment it is near impossible to put weight on the foot for about 24 hrs. Am so looking forward to getting a pedicure and not be embarrassed about my warts. I am so impressed with Dr Irvine that I have already referred a friend to him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Dr Irvine has been treating me since October of 2015. I have plantar warts on the bottom of my left heel that I have been struggling with for almost 30 years. I have tried everything - freezing, cutting, homeopathic, and 'old school' remedies. Nothing has worked and they just got larger and more painful. He warned me that I would hate him some days as the blister beetle treatment is very painful - he was right! It is now the middle of May, 2016, and I am thrilled to report that the bottom of my foot is almost completely wart-free, and UN-scarred. For anyone who has serious plantar wart issues I highly recommend this treatment. It's not an easy one, but the results are undeniable!! And the fact that not only is there no scarring, but that the lines in the skin are coming back means that I will finally be able to walk properly and wear sandals!!! This is THE ONLY treatment that works on such major cases and doesn't cause scarring. I'm so grateful for the kindness of the staff during this period - they really helped me keep going!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2016

I had severe heel pain for many months. I was referred by my family doctor and Dr. Irvine's staff was excellent and I was able to get an appointment in a week. Dr. Irvine did a full examination of my feet and took the time to explain the cause of my pain and a full plan to get better. I've been to three other foot doctors in the last 6 months and they all told me to stand up, they looked at my feet and told me I needed orthotics. They didn't even touch my feet! I received a cortisone shot in my heel, my feet where molded for custom orthotics and then my foot was taped up. His girls did my molds, taped my foot and explained my insurance papers. It's been two months now and my pain is gone! Dr. Irvine is a great doctor and his staff was always very helpful. The best experience I had after going to those other places.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016

Horrible experience every time, rushed, all about the money. Negative environment. The girl in the back is so over worked it should be illegal.

Submitted February 8, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Irvine since 2009 and he's helped me with several issues with both of my feet. I can't say enough about Dr. Irvine's knowledge and care., just outstanding. Dr. Irvine's Office Manager Lisa and assistant Brittney have always been friendly and caring. Having been a long term patient and have been to all three offices, I have had nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend Dr. Irvine.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Dr. Andrew Irvine's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients