Ratings for Dr. Mary-Helene Brown

Dr. Mary Helen Brown is fabulous. She delivered my baby on Sep-3-2015. she took very good care of me. Since the baby size was huge I had to deliver thro C-section. I was much depressed postpartum since I had difficulty in getting out off bed due to the incision. While then, the moral support the doctor gave me was immense. I am thankful to her always. Hats off to her number of years of experience.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

My son had a non life threatening defect, she jumps to and scares a young first time mom into a c-section, which was not at all necessary for his health or mine my labor was progressing weIl. I'm still having difficulties and complications due to my fist c-section years later. Meeting her and letting her do the cesarean has been one of the biggest mistakes of my life.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2015

She decided when she went in to do surgery she "did not like to operate on big people" She did not do what she was supposed to in surgery an cost me my left ovary. I would not ever recommend her to even an enemy! She does not like fat people! She asked if I knew that there were alternatives to being big. Really?? HAHA

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Brown is fabulous. But the office staff is seriously the worst. They are rude and incompetent. They lose patient information, and do not contact patients with results in a timely manner. They are extremely rude on the phone and when trying to schedule appointments. You can expect that there will almost certainly be an issue with your insurance paperwork/referrals, if in fact they haven’t lost the information you gave them. They do not check patient files or test results adequately and are not discreet with sensitive information. Until now, I have been with Dr. Brown for over 20 years. Today I called three times to speak with someone and was placed on hold for 15 minutes each time without even getting to say ‘Hello’ or explain the reason for my call. -Which was to tell them I need copies of my medical records to be sent to my new Doctor. It is very sad that I despise going there but I am no longer willing to compromise my health simply because the medical staff is so awful.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I have seen Dr. Brown when I was pregnant with my first that was born 1/30/2011 and currently as I am pregnant now. I have no complaints what so ever. She is a great doctor, yes she is busy but that does not mean that she is not a good doctor. She was great with the birth of my son and have no doubt she will be great with the birth of my next son as well. She has always taken time to answer my questions that I have which is far and few on having questions. I also have no complaints with the staff, they have always been nice when I come in for my appts and get my information in promptly so that way if I am early for an appt I can be seen early as well.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2013

To begin the staff was extremely rude to me. I visted several times and it seemed to just get worse! the amount of time she spent with me was limited which is ok sometimes. when i had a questions about my pregnancy i got blunt responses and they talked to me like a child. i will never go to this dr again and i certainly would encourage everyone else to stear clear!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2010

She cleared up my wifes long time female problem. She had been to a number of OBGYN's in the last several years who had been unable to help her.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

During my c-section, she ripped an artery and left me bleeding. She had to go back in 3 more times to stop the bleeding. I met another patient that she did this to 3 weeks after me. Same story, except it took her 4 times and removal of her uterus. She never measured my heaight of fundus, but after I got my records, I found she had written in numbers. She matched my weeks gestation to centimeters. I beg you to think twice before using her.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

I use Mercy Care/AHCCCS. So far I have seen little of the doctor; she seems to be very busy. She has not asked if I have any questions, and forgets to check for a heartbeat.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Dr. Mary-Helene Brown's Credentials

• Wayne State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

AHC