Ratings for Dr. John V. Ingari

After working in healthcare, I often look for ways that health organizations can improve but I was unable to find areas that need improvements in Dr. Ingari's practice because everything appears to flow very efficiently and the customer service is exceptional! Dr. Ingari's staff greeted me within seconds of entering the waiting area, someone asked if I had been helped while I was waiting, staff left the door open after I was placed in the exam room, he immediately introduced himself upon entering the exam room, he gave me enough time to explain my concerns, provided answers that I understood, explained surgical and non-surgical options, explained imaging, took time to answer all of my questions, ordered the necessary tests and drew a picture that showed how he conducted the surgery. Furthermore, Dr. Ingari also agreed to see me after I was 40 minutes late which might have delayed him from leaving for the day. Dr. Ingari verified that the operation was the best decision with a sibling and also discussed the surgery with the same sibling after the procedure. I've had three tendons repaired and Dr. Ingari is he only orthopedic surgeon who has taken the time to discuss the surgery with my family and who I saw before and immediately after the surgery. Dr. Ingari and the Johns Hopkins staff are wonderful and work together as very-efficient team. The Medical Office Coordinator scheduled the surgery and answered many questions via email. The Physicians Assistant called me to answer a question I had 12 days after the surgery. The operating room staff verified medical history, allergies and medical-record number several times. The imaging department fit me into their schedule while I was in the area which saved me a lot of driving. I believe that Dr. John Ingari places the patient's needs, safety, and quality of the repair as his top priority. He is truly one of the best. Date of surgery - 9/14/2015

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

Arrogant beyond belief. All he wants to do is make money. During my four appointments I never waited less than an hour from the time I walked through the door til the time I was taken back. And then you have to deal with the physicians assistant before you finally get to see him. Moreover, his solution to everything is to give you a cortisone shot and have you come back in six weeks. He has zero compassion and spends most of the 5 minutes he's with you talking into a handheld recorder (undoubtedly to protect himself in the event of legal action).

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

Wonderful doctor. I suffered from bilateral CTS for years. I had avoided getting surgery out of fear, his extensive training and knowledge of hand surgery was incredible. I had one hand done and 6 weeks later the other. Immediately had relief from all symptoms. I wish I had gone to him earlier.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2014

Spent $165 for a single 20 minute appointment that did nothing for me and he did not have the ability to answer simple questions. Seemed more concerned about Billing and showing off for the residents IMO. I learned months later why I had hand pain due to my spine. No exaggerating.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr. Ingari may be knowledgeable but he is arrogant and defensive if you ask him questions. I found his responses to be unprofessional and I will not return.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

I saw Dr. Ingari for persistent thumb/wrist pain. After trying conservative treatments, he did joint replacement surgery. He warned me that recovery would be painful and long, and he made sure that I understood that going into it. He was right- just had the surgery last week. Very painful but longterm results will be worthwhile. I appreciate his honestly and thoroughness, and will definitely return to him to have the same surgery on my other hand.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2013

The first time I met Dr. Ingari, he stopped into the room at Wellspan Orthopedics where I was having physical therapy after emergency surgery. He made some suggestions to help my recovery from an injury. I wasn't even his patient! I was very impressed that the office works as a team. Dr. Ingari is very informative and personable. He seems conservative because did not suggest additional surgery, this made me very happy. His hand therapist is excellent , as well.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

Love this guy. He talks straight. As soon as he saw me, he knew what was wrong. He ordered an x-ray and a nerve study to confirm how bad the problem was, and where exactly my nerve was trapped. He got the results on Friday, and I was in surgery the next week. He's apparently very competent because I had full use of my arm and hand as soon as I woke up from surgery. I couldn't be happier with his performance or bedside manner.Highly recommend for anything hand or elbow related.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2010

This Doctor is not very kind.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

Dr. John V. Ingari's Credentials

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences (Grad. 1986)