Ratings for Dr. Anuj Prashar

Dr. Prashar was the surgeon that performed my mother's small intestine/colon resection surgery and removal of a cancerous tumor. He did an excellent surgery on my mother as well as collected an above average number of of lymph nodes from the area. Through his extraction of these nodes, he removed a high number of cancerous nodes that other wise would have been left behind to metastasize . My mother's recovery is going extremely well. I also want to say that Dr. Prashar's bedside manner is phenomenal. He truly cares about the patient as well as the family members. He answered all our questions, no matter the time involved. He called family members himself from hospital when any questions or concerns were raised. He made my mother feel she was important and that her health was important to him. He was always available. I highly recommend Dr. Prashar. I greatly appreciate and I am very confident in his ability, professionalism, and his sincere care for his patients. He made my mother and our family feel that it was a privilege and honor that we choose him for her surgeon. I have never met a surgeon with this kind of character, he sets the bar high. Thank you Dr. Prashar!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Dr. Prashar performed a VSG on me. From my first consultation, I knew this was the surgeon for me. He sat and spent a long time explaining the different bariatric surgeries, what he recommended and why. He didn't rush me through my decision process. Instead he answered all my questions and helped me arrive at an informed decision. He has a wonderful bedside manner and puts you at ease both in the hospital and office. I would recommend him to anyone interested in having bariatric surgery.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr. Prashar and his staff have been very helpful and professional during my gastric bypass journey.With their help and the gastric bypass tool I have been able to lose 104 pounds. Dr. Prashar has performed two surgeries on me. I did have a set-back during one surgery , but Dr. Prashar and his staff was there every step of the way. I would recommend him to family and friends.

Submitted January 12, 2013

Dr Prashar recommended removal of my gallbladder to relieve my symptoms but the surgery did not change my symptoms. He was unable to help post operatively. I felt like a number & not a person. He must make money or bonuses on the amount of surgeries he performs.

Submitted August 5, 2012

Dr Prashar is an excellent surgeon. He originally did my Lap Band surgery in November 2009. I had some issues with the incision where my port was placed & had to have it removed spring 2010, after that area healed, the port was replaced in fall 2010. Apparently, my body rejects foreign objects so the whole band had to be removed in may 2011. Dr Prashar called me at home to check on me several times after each procedure. He is always willing to answer any questions I have, talks with my children when they come along. He treats his patients like friends, not just another patient to see. He has the best bedside manner I've ever seen in a doctor. I 100% trust him with my healthcare. After 4 surgeries & 2 EGDs performed on my by Dr Prashar, I chose him once again to perform my gastric bypass in June 2012. And he will be my first choice if I ever need surgery in the future.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

Dr. Prashar was very knowledgeable and able to speak to me in terms that I could understand. He got back to me promptly with my test very and was eager to help me get better. I had great surgical results as well as after care. Dr. Prashar has a wonderful bedside manner. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Prashar to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

The staff was good but Dr. Prashar was not very helpful and seemed like he was unsure of what to do with my hernia.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2012

Dr. Anuj Prashar's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2001)