Ratings for Dr. Tess Pitre

I've been a patient for just over a year and I have already started looking for a new doctor. I typically have had to book an appointment at least 4-6 weeks in advance, appointments are usually only 10 minutes. I often wait over an hour for a booked appointment. A while ago the office cancelled an appointment less than an hour before my appointment when I was already on my way to their office. They explained that they did not yet have my test results and didn't care that I had taken time off work for the appointment. More recently I arrived for an appointment (which I again had to take time off work for) and was told I didn't have a booked appointment, despite the fact that I had a print out from them for the appointment. I was told I could be seen in 1 ½-2 months time. Dr. Pitre has been good with more basic care such as a sore throats or sinus infections. However she doesn't respond well to differences in values - if you don't agree with the treatment she suggests the feeling is that you've wasted her time. Also a friend recently told me that Dr. Pitre has also been insensitive when it comes to mental health concerns. I think Dr. Pitre is knowledgeable but lacks warmth. I don't feel she cares about me as a person and have often felt judged by her. I've reached a point between my experiences with her and with the staff that I rather not have medical care than continue to see her.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

fhtcrxtrdhgjyvhyggggghfyddfghjfddvjhfedgghgfffguuf

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

After having the same female doctor for years, I recently became a patient of Dr. Petrie. I really like Dr. Petrie but her front end staff is terrible. Twice now (2 seperate occasions) I was told by Dr. Petrie herself that I do not need to make an appointment to receive injections and I can just stop by. The first time I was not aware they had specific times they give injections but did actually make it with about 5 mins remaining within these times. By the time the receptionist took my health card etc. "I was too late because the specified times have now ended" Seriously?! I now sit and wait for another visit that didnt require an appt that they may or may not have time for (update: i was able to get in within about 10 mins). The last appointment I made over the phone with a receptionist was like pulling teeth. Horrible customer relations. BUT Dr. Petrie herself is great.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Prescribed less than desirable possibly conflicting medication. Short fuse.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2016

I was her patient for less than a year. I usually visited her for routine check ups. I never had a serious health problem to say that I have a good mmeasure of the knowledge. However he is terrible in managing her time. Last three times that I visited her, I had to wait for one hour because she was running behind her schedule!! Once I waited one hour and half. Also, when she sees you, she is always in rush! I was not comfortable with her at all which this is not an expectation from a health care provider.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

Doctor Pitre is the best doctor I have had. She is amazing, and extremely thorough - she listens, investigates and explains all her diagnosis. I recommend all my friends and coworkers that live locally to see her. It does not take a long time to schedule a visit, and once there, she is patient and thorough, you feel very cared for, and know that you have received the best care possible.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Dr. Pitre is excellent. She is very kind, very friendly, and extremely knowledgeable. However, the staffs are terrible, especially the front office staff and the nurse who give injection. They didn't know how to behave properly. We always get irritated after their response to our queries.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Pitre is very good. Her office staff is terrible and they are not helpful or attentive. They made multiple mistakes on our file and each time try to correct them they are just rude. They lied to us and is not willing to acknowledge it. If you try to correct them they just hung upon you.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

Dr. Pitre is hands-down the best doctor I have ever seen. She is thorough and if she can not provide you with the treatment or care you need, she will ensure that you are referred to the right specialist. But she follows through with whatever recommendations may come from other practitioners. She also extremely kind and patient. Even when I know she is running behind, she never makes me feel like she needs to rush to the next patient or leave to go home. An excellent, excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Pitre is the best physician, I have ever met in Canada. She is extremely knowledgeable, very dedicated to his patients and highly ethical and professional. The most important thing is that she takes the time to listen to you and give you the best treatment.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015