Ratings for Dr. Julie A. Castilla

My only criticism of Dr. Castilla's practice is that there are sometimes long waits for your appointments in the waiting room and then in the exam room. However, I have always been impressed with Dr. Castilla's caring manner and willingness to listen. I have only had routine care but think she is a great doc.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2014

I had been going to Dr. Castilla for 13 years and was DEVASTATED when I had to change ob gyns because our insurance changed. She delivered 2/3 of my babies. I know I have had to wait longer in the waiting room as the years have gone by BUT worth it. Once I had her one on one I felt like Dr. Castilla treated me like a friend not a patient. Thus the long wait. I believe she treats everyone this way. She cared about my concerns and questions. She respects that I want to do things naturally. I absolutely love her and miss her.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

She delivered my oldest daughter and spent over an hour using forceps and a vacuum. When she finally did an emergency C Section my daughter wasn't breathing and was purple. Her skull was fractured as a result of using the forceps so many times. I was later told by another gynecologist that my pelvic bone is misshaped and that is very evident during a pelvic exam. I was told a vaginal delivery should have never been attempted. Luckily my daughter does not have any brain damage but she does suffer extreme migraines multiple times a week. She has had these migraines since she was old enough to say her head hurt. Please beware when choosing Dr. Castilla as your OBGYN.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

She is great. She really listens and believes you. I went to her for hot flashes and she immediately understood how debilitating they were for me. She has been my ob/gyn for >three years now, helping me through hotflashes and outpatient surgery for vaginal polyps. She is the best.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

**********PATIENT'S BEWARE*****I came in to see Dr. Castilla for an annual visit. I waited 1 hour in the waiting room and another 25 minutes in the exam room. Dr. Castilla didn't seem interested in my issues and rushed the appointment. When I came out of the exam room, I heard her belittle an employee of hers. I could not believe that a professional would treat me and her staff this way. I won't be returning to this practice, she has obviously made a BAD first impression.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2011

The bigger her practice got, the worse she got. I was having a panic attack in her office. And insteadof taking a minute to let me calm down, she simply did her exam in record time and ran out. never avaialbe for questions. And when I started talking to her about having children, she just wanted to put me on fertility drugs. Also not very natural birth friendly. She and her practice say they are, but all I've seen are inductions and doctors who can't even make it to the birth on time.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2010

Dr Castilla delivered my oldest son and I could not have dreamed for a better experience. I shied away from other doctors, because I could find none that would deliver their own babies. You could spend 9 months building a relationship with someone and then have your baby delivered by an intern. I had a difficult delivery (his head was enormous) and I would have been a wreck if I hadn't had so much faith in Dr. Castilla, who did an awesome job.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

I highly recommend Dr. Castilla. She immediately identified by medical problem and took a conservative approach to resolving it.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2009

watch out about hysterectomy advice!!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009

Dr. Julie A. Castilla's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Univ Of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 48109 (Grad. 1993)