Ratings for Dr. M. SCOTT McAllister

A caring and very thoughtful Doctor . The BEST !!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2018

I love Dr. McAllister! He cares about his patients and it shows. He's a blessing to me and I can't imagine going through my cancer treatments with any other dr. So grateful that I was able to get an appt with him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

I'm not sure what's going on with Dr McAllister these days!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

My father was diagnosed with lung cancer right before summer started. After much research, Dr. McAllister was selected. It has proven to be the best decision he could have made. I have never experienced such care and compassion from a doctor. I hope and pray every day that my Dad will beat this cancer, but if it is his time to go, I know that he had the best doctor that Alabama has to offer.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Dr. McAllister is the best doctor I've ever dealt with. He truly seems to care about the patient and not making money. He stays current on the latest treatments and keeps you "in the loop" on everything concerning your treatment. He takes the time to explain details to you in terms that you can easily understand.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

My wife is being treated for MDS. Dr McCallister has been very helpful and capable in his diagnosis,bed-side manner and treatment.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

There are not words to truly express how much I admire and trust Dr. McAllister. He is,without a doubt one in a million, without whom I cannot imagine going through cancer treatment. I have never felt more genuinely care about by a doctor as a patient or a person. Dr. Mc is so caring and compassionate that it is almost beyond belief. I always felt like my illness and my concerns were taken seriously and addressed appropriately. My fears were real and Dr. Mc acknowledged that as well. My faith is strong and I gave my situation to God and was determined to have a positive attitude during my treatment and refused to worry. He always told me that was the best medicine. I am thankful to Dr. Mc and his entire staff for seeing my through my treatment and helping me become the ovarian cancer survivor I am today. I would not wish cancer on anyone but should you find yourself needing an oncologist, I pray that you will be able to see Dr. Mc or another oncologist like him...if another exists.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2011

The journey of cancer is certainly not an easy one however, when you have a wonderful Doctor like Dr. McAllister it certainly lessens the pain. Dr. McAllister and his staff have certainly made my journey much easier. When I first became his patient he was not an in-network physician and his Insurace Department did an outstanding job of making sure everything was approved and paid correctly. I want to thank Dr. McAllister for the excellent care, concern and for being my Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2010

THIS MAN IS MORE THAN A DR.HE IS AN ANGEL!HE IS THE MOST CARING AND KNOWLEDGABLE DR I HAVE EVER HAD TO DEAL WITH!HIS VALUES ARE A HUGE TRADEMARK FOR HIM.HONESTLY,HE LOVES EVERYONE I BELIEVE,AND HAS ONE OF THE TOUGHEST JOBS A DR COULD HAVE.THANKS TO DR.M AND STAFF,FOR BEING FRIENDLY, KNOWLEDGABLE,CARING,AND LOVING TO YOUR PTS.ALOT OF THEM ARE GOING THRU HELL ON EARTH,BUT LOOK FORWARD TO COMING INTO YOUR OFFC. FOR TREATMENT,OR VISITS!NO ONE WANTS TO BE DIAGNOSED WITH CANCER,BUT KNOWING THAT SUCH A GREAT DR IS IN THE DOTHAN AREA HAS EASED MORE THAN A FEW MINDS SINCE MY DADS DIAG. IN APRIL OF 2009! AS A SIDE NOTE,A FRIENDS GRANDMA WAS RECENTLY DIAG W/CANCER,SHE WAS TRYING TO GET INSURANCE,IT WAS "PENDING",BUT SHE HAD TO FIND SOMEONE TO SEE HER ASAP/DR M WAS ASKED,ACCEPTED HER,& STARTED TREATMENTS ALMOST ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!SHE NOW HAS INSURANCE,MANY WEEKS LATER,BUT SHE ALSO HAS HAD SEVERAL TREATMENTS,BLOODWORK,ETC,WITHOUT DR.M KNOWING IF HE WOULD EVEN GET PAID IN THE BEGINNING.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

Tremendous doctor that seems to actually care about the patient he is treating. One of a dying breed of doctors that still have a bedside manner.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2009

Dr. M. SCOTT McAllister's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 2002)

UnitedHealthcare