Ratings for Dr. Richard Lam

Found this 'Ratemd' website just now. This doctor has poor diagnosis, the fact was based on 13 years ago my husband has colon cancer and passed away 10 years ago. This doctor thought he has stomach problem as the symptom the poops was black, he did not sent him for specialist to check first but instead he gave him some stomach pills Losec. for a month prior to sent him to specialist to check which is delayed. Later my husband was diagnosis with stage 4 (last stage) colon cancer. This doctor seems to have poor judgement on diagnosis. This also happen to me 20 years ago when I feel dizzy, he thought I was low in sugar and told me to drink apple juice and make it worst as I have too much acid for stomach pain which make me dizzy and this was found out by another doctor not Richard Lam. There is scheduling problem with this doctor as every time you have to wait at least 3 to 4 hours in his medical office and sometimes 8 hours even you have book an appointment with him....rediculous.... Has he ever thought of patients are sucked and can't wait that long or is it money is important? .I stop seeing this doctor after my husband died 10 years ago.. I heard from friends he still has scheduling problem.nowadays and patients still wait long.. I feel sorry for the receptionist works there as she probably get yell at by patients every day for long waiting time .

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

Attitude of Front desk staff is absolutely atrocious and abusive! Rude and disrespectful. They obviously don't like their job and they show no compassion for seniors. I was there with my elderly mother who doesn't think she can go anywhere because of language barrier and many issues with her health. Typical wait time is 2-3 hours. It goes to show the doctor and staff have no respect for their patients. Majority of the patients are elderly.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

My grandparents have been going here for years because of a language barrier. They will schedule appointments at 9, but the receptionists arrive right at 9 and will not let you in until quarter after. Even then, the doctor still has yet to arrive an hour later. This is the first appointmwnt of the day at 9 am and at 10 am the doctor still has yet to arrive. The receptionists at the front is only respectful to my grandparents only if a non-senior is with them and the attitudes towards them is the worse. This entails yelling at them and refusing to speak to them for more than a couple sentences. However as far as bilingual ability goes, dr.lam can speak fluent chinese however his ability to explain and describe medical procedures is lacking. My grandpa has heart problems and the ER doctor asked for him to explain the specifics and procedure for a pacemaker. This doctor simply said "It is to help your heart beat." Which is not wrong but severely lacking for medical attention. Would not recommend seniors to seek medical attention from him as wait times are ridiculous ranging 3-5 hours even if you are the first patient and respect is almost non-existent here.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

Seniors waiting 3-4 hours to see a DR. is absolutely unacceptable. But they are elderly Chinese with no access to transportation so they are stuck. My mom was in the same situation, until I sat with her one day, cried myself to sleep and took her to see another Chinese doctor who now treats her with dignity and respect. She told me that a person who was waiting actually had a stroke in the waiting room. The staff at the front are miserable old maids that think they have the right to yell at patients. In the last year or so, he hired an absolute angel that is younger and much friendlier. For the patients that remain I hope she stays with him a very long time. When you finally see him, he is quite good and will make referrals right away to specialists.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Minimum 3 hour wait. He has made my grandparents wait for over 5 hours. His STAFF are absolute garbage. THEY WILL NOT lend them the mall bathroom key, they force them to walk down the stairs to use the bathroom. They also do not lend them the phone. Their behavior is absolutely unacceptable towards seniors. His staff need to wake up and start to learn basic human interaction skills and a little respect.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

The staff is not excellent at all, system error won't let me change at all .He is the only CHINESE speaking doctor in downtown for the senior. Sadly my grandma have to wait 5-6 hours at the clinic and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. I don't think the senior have any choices, all their files are with this clinic. It is a sad story and the wait time is a joke here. My grandma told me there is no where she can go. I am very upset about the whole situation.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

It is always a minimun of3 hours wait. The staffs are terrible, they make see Dr. Lam a terrible experience and long wait time. My 90 years old father had once waited from 11:45 to 5:45pm to see Dr. Lam. He missed his transportation and dinner. I found out most of the patients have the same complaint and experience with the office staff.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

Good doctor. Terrible wait times for appointment. You have to typically wait for an hour to two hours before you can get in.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

This clinic located at downtown core. The doctor was used to be quite good before. But he needs to know what is punctuality!!! Seriously, most patients have to wait at least an hour or above; some even need to wait for 3 hours straight!!! Sometimes, there's 1 or 2 cut in the line who might know the front desk staff well enough (you know what's it). The front desk staff (older ones) have always acted terribly since their first day at the position. One of the them even yells at the senior patients, no matter she (late 40s -50s something now) is face-to-face/ over the phone with the patients, speaking rudely and using harsh language & tone is her character. Most patients are quite polite towards her tough. Some seniors often leave the clinic with sorrow; being pissed off by medical staff isn't funny at all. If people "could diagnose" themselves, nobody would like that kind of poor attitude. Only a small proportion of population likes "sadomasochism"; most DON'T. Know how to respect your clients!!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

We got sick and finally got terrible manner from front desk. Absolutely, they need to train for being nice with patient. Hope the doctor can be change his professional behavior – late too.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2011