Ratings for Dr. Dean Smith

My first impression with Dr Smith was his amazingly gentle, calm and quiet demeanor when he spoke to my husband and I (cataract removal and lens implants). I chose to focus on how I would be able to see more clearly again especially when my failing sight grew aggressively blur towards the end (date of surgery). Little did I know that I was going to have much more than what I had expected! I could hear him and his attentive staff receive instructions and each eye he swiftly and steadily performed, it reminded me of our Creator having completed His work each day, by saying "It is good!" Everything is to perfection! it is an answered prayer as I was getting nervous just before the surgery. By the way, I had two eyes done in one sitting, each about 10-15mins). I could walk out seeing and with my husband, to accompany me. He was just as amazed as much as I was, testing me sight. His inner staff and nurse were attentive, patient and professional. I cannot remember how sharp my vision had been until now. I had been missing a lot in my seeing life. We have a very high regard for Dr Dean Smith. I have been recommending him to my friends (60 plus) and anyone who have been going through the same sub standard vision ( I was high risk) without realizing that is so much better on the other side of the surgery. Thank you so much, Dr Smith and staff.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Great guy, great office, and great office. Thorougly enjoyed his attention to detail and his attitude.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Excellent surgeon, listened to all my needs and eased my worries. A very pleasurable experience all around!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Had cataract surgery on both eyes April/May. Surgery went well - paid for special measurement test and 1 upgrade on lenses. However have had nothing but trouble with my eyes since. I called reception to ask if Dr. Smith would see me to discuss and was told NO . Have had 2 appointments with my eye doctor ... put on Zithromax to try and help to no avail. Pain in both eyes...blurry vision - headaches and it is ruining my quality of life to be honest. I chose Dr. Smith as he is one of the best - however don't try to see him once his bit is done...would be so nice to get an opinion from him on why I'm suffering so much!!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Staff is very rude! After dr. Smith did the surgery he would not follow up with my mom at all!! Just about money making !

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Nearly Everyone and Everything was amazing except at the end. Unfortunately the reception lady who hands you the pricing/slash lens guide, the reception who knows all the pricing! She ruined what was an amazing experience for my first time consultation ever. It wasn't about the money and costs, it was clearly a mis-communication I wanted cleared up before leaving.... When i finished my consultation with the Dr.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Had both my cataracts operated on. The world is much brighter and a big thanks to Dr. Smith, It was a great experience, I have had no problems, the surgery went well. A Big Thank you to Dr. Smith, his Staff and the staff at the Queensway Hospital. My opinion he is #1

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

I was always scared to go under an eye surgery. I had PRK surgery by Dr.Smith. He took patience to answer all of my questions. I found Dr.Smith very reliable, trustworthy and knowlegable. İt was a great experirnce, Thank you Dr.Smith and his staff.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Wore glasses for 50+years and after having both cataracts removed I have better vision (glasses free!) than I can ever remember having. Dr. Smith is an incredible surgeon and such a kind man and the same is true of his whole team- his associate Dr. Anu spent a half hour with me to review my questions, educate and put me at ease before my second surgery and his secretary Shanna was so sweet. Just cannot recommend highly enough!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I found out a few months ago that I have cataracts in both eyes, one was a lot worse than the other. I did some research on the internet and heard some amazing reviews on Dr. Smith. I met him and was instantly impressed with how professional he was. All the staff at his office are very professional and very kind. Any questions that I had were answered right away. I had the cataract surgery done yesterday and I couldn't say enough about how impressed I am with the treatment that I had received. I can see better than I ever could before, I am seeing the world through different eyes and I'm so grateful for that. Thank God for Dr. Dean Smith and his amazing staff!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017