Dr. David Maycher

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. David Maycher

I really like Dr. Maycher. He has been good for me over the many years that I have seen him. His hygienists are also kind, competent, and thorough. I wouldn't visit anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2018

Had a filling couple weeks ago but my tooth was really painful after the operation. I went to see the dentist as a follow up to see why my tooth still hurts. The dentist explained the possible reasons and asked me to wait for couple more weeks to see if it gets better and I agreed. This service (re-checking the tooth to find the reason that the filling has caused me pain) is always done for free. But after I left the dentist office, I got an email from my insurer that Bay Dental has filed a dental claim for an emergency examination for 54.80 CAD. Again, the reason that I saw the dentist was because the filling that they had done on my tooth is painful. yet they charged me for a follow up.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Maycher for many years now (probably more than 20), and have always felt completely comfortable, well-taken-care-of, and well-informed about the state of my teeth. I spent my youth neglecting my teeth, but he has managed to turn around all of the issues I had as a result. I no longer fear each appointment, or have to agonize over which decision to make about treatment, as he explains everything fully and intelligently (but also with a healthy dose of common sense!) His staff are always professional and friendly, and the hygeinists are always super competent. I feel as if I’ve known Adrienne at the front desk all my life, and look forward to her cheerful greeting every time I walk in. I can only hope Dr Maycher never retires!

flag | Submitted October 21, 2017

The staff and dentist are very friendly people and I was never kept waiting for any of the few appointments I made with them. Unfortunately the experience I had with my wisdom tooth extraction was one of the most painful, uncomfortable, terrifying dental experiences of my life. The dentist was good about informing me of the possibilities that my wisdom tooth could be fused with my jaw bone but on a scale of difficulty of 1-10 he figured it would be a 5 or 6. I thought okay, that's not too bad lets do it. I get to the office for my appointment and xrays are taken again to look at the roots and the dentist made a couple comments about how he wasn't sure what was going on with the roots (which didn't instill too much confidence but he's the professional so the appointment continued). He started the extraction and it ended up in my mind to be a 12 out of 10 on his scale for difficulty. A large piece of the jaw bone fractured and came out with the tooth and all without any sedation. About 3/4s the way through the work I was in so much pain and discomfort that my whole body was shaking uncontrollably and I had tears streaming down my face. My body was clenched so tight that my muscles were sore for days after. The appointment finally ended and I managed to get myself under control and I left with ~8 stitches to close the wound. As I mentioned everyone at the clinic is super nice and friendly but here is why I rated my experience so low: 1. In the initial appointment the dentist did say it could be trouble if the root was fused but he's the professional so I'm going on what he thinks is in my best interest. Had he said after looking at the xray on the day of the extraction and wondering what was going on with the root that there is a good chance the extraction is going to be more difficult than he initially thought I would have opted to stop and get it done under sedation. 2. When I left the office there was no emergency cell number that I could call if I ran into trouble just a piece of paper saying if the office was closed to go to the hospital. 3. After what I went through I would think that a call from the dentist or the office later that day or the day after checking up on me would be standard practice and a nice courtesy. No one from the office attempted to call me after my appointment which was disappointing. It's been about 5 weeks since the extraction and my gums are healing well and I am in no pain so that's good but what I went though to have the tooth taken out should never have happened.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Dr. Maycher saved my life ! State of the art facility, professional very friendly staffwith the Highest level of care. pro-active approach, very cost effective plans for out of pocket billing, and the best magazines. Thank you for all that you do Dr.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

excellent dentist ,great staff. the office is modern and cheerful, and comfortable .

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr Maycher & his staff are the very best you will find, so stop shopping around. His standards for his office never slip. If you want excellent dental care from a caring dentist who isn't constantly trying to upsell ... this is it!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Dr Maycher has been my dentist for almost a year now, he's been very accommodating and I would highly recommend him to others. He carefully explains procedures before and during so I know exactly what goes on. I had an small emergency and he was able to take me in although his shift had ended. Thank you and everyone else at Bay Dental!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Maycher for many, many years. I appreciate his thoroughness as well as the good work he's always done. It's been nothing but a good experience for me and I highly recommend him to new patients. All of his staff have been good to me: friendly, helpful, good at their jobs, and fun to know. They also know me by now and I feel honoured by how much that means to me.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Great office always a good experience with this Dentist. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr. David Maycher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Maycher graduated from the Faculty of Dentistry at the University of Manitoba in 1978. Since then he has owned and operated practices in both Winnipeg and Vancouver, taught dentistry at the University of Manitoba for eight years, and served as a long-time member of the Dentistry Ethics Committee in Manitoba. He has also been a part time clinical instructor at the UBC Faculty of Dentistry. In his free time, Dr. Maycher enjoys playing golf, hockey, cycling, and spending time with his children. Book an appointment with Dr. Maycher at Bay Dental Centre. Visit Bay Dental's website here: http://www.baydentalcentre.com/.

• English