Ratings for Dr. G Minuk

Dr Gerald Minuk, I was referred to this man in 2002 after being placed on the liver transplant list, and was given 2 years to live by a more knowledgeable consultant ,he decided to take me off this list and failed to provide the right care, he even cancelled appointments and I continued to deteriorate, but, I decided to refer myself ( with help from another doctor) to a liver unit in London and was put on the transplant list again, I received a donated liver just in time in March 2004 and am still going strong and am healthy. This man is a hinderance to an active liver team in winnipeg and for patient safety it needs better hands at the helm. If you are in liver failure do seek a second opinion. I will never see this man again.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Amazing and brilliant doctor! The best of the best

flag | Submitted July 3, 2016

I really like Dr. Minuk and trust him with my care. The only concern I have is the clerical staff. You have be on the ball , because I have been given a req for blood tests with the wrong patient name on req, given an appointment with the wrong name stamped on the letter and one time was sent into the exam room and the doctor started reading results to me until he came across the word "his" and I am female...wrong chart!! But back to Dr. Minuk I really am satisfied with all the tests etc that he has sent me for. He has always been very pleasant and knowlageable. Just be alert with your paper work!

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Oh man. Where to begin. I owe my life to Dr. Minuk. When my kidney and liver surgeons held little hope of me surviving 2 cancers, among other complications, Dr. Minuk is the one that figured out the puzzle, put the pieces in place and truly saved my life. Thank you Dr. Minuk and staff.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

Dr. Minuk looked after me through my liver transplant experience. Drs in London where procedure was done greatly respected Dr Minuk. Post op problems while in Winnipeg had me at the edge of death on several occasions. Dr Minuk worked tirelessly to solve my problems. He was always compassionate and open to discussion about my case, never giving the impression that he had all the answers and the patient should not comment on his decisions (as some Drs do!) Even after I was into recovery and out of his care he visited on occcasion just to follow up even though he was no longer under his care. I feel blessed to have a Dr like this available in our system.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Minuk for many years for my auto immune hepatitis. He is the only doctor who has given me hope.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2012

Excellent hepatologist, caring and with a dry sense of humor. My mom has been under his care for 10+ yrs. We're very lucky to have a doctor of his caliber in this city, and one who stays in the province as well.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2011

Sometimes you have to wonder how lucky we are to have a doctor of this level practicing in our city. Have been seeing him for a few months and cannot get over the high degree of knowledge he possess regarding liver diseases. Makes you feel good as a patient, to know that you are in his capable care.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

I have been seeing Dr Minuk for about 10 years. He is exceedingly knowledgeable, has a great bedside manner, is very helpful and encouraging. Despite his busy schedule and heavy patient load, my visits - always very business-like - never make me feel like I'm being rushed. He also exhibits concern and compassion for his patients. - MG, Winnipeg

flag | Submitted October 8, 2009

Brilliant doctor who seems to care about his patients well being. Found him to be approachable. Nice to finally meet a doctor without a god complex.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009