Ratings for Dr. Deborah T. Cook

I am so surprised to see anything negative about Dr. Cook. May be some people were having a bad day when they wrote the review? Even if you were to find an excuse to dislike a good person there is no way you could fault the care she provides to a child. The only reason I am on this site is because my oldest daughter is turning 18 soon and Dr. Cook is unable to be her healthcare provider once she is an adult. All six of my children see Dr. Cook and they are 13 to 17 years old. Dr. Cook has gone above and beyond, she has pulled my kids through some scary times and I absolutely trust her with their life. Nothing means more to me than my kids and I can count on one hand how many people I give that much trust to but Dr. Cook is on that hand. If someone is looking for a plush peds office, this office and physician may not be a good fit for you. Dr. Cook is real, nothing fake about her. If you want a real talkative physician, may not be a good fit because she is listening...she is a true physician that listens. If you want a physician that gives the parent her undivided attention, may not be a good fit. Dr. Cook gives her undivided attention to your kid first. She listens and watches and asks questions that we don't even know to ask. Dr. Cook takes the parents input and puts the entire picture together before she spouts off a diagnosis. So, if you are okay with letting your kid be first, you are going to lover her. Yes, you will always leave a message and yes, they will always call you back and most generally get you in pretty quickly. Dr. Cook is a PEDIATRICIAN not and ER doctor, in the event you have waited so long to obtain treatment for your child that it has become an emergency, go to an emergency room. Yes, I have been there when things might be a little more rushed than usual. Generally, it was flu season or every kid in Burleson had an upper respiratory infection. Gezzz, I was happy she worked us in and cared for my kids and she ALWAYS cares for kids. Not just mine...those in the hall or in the next room getting a shot etc... No, you may not get warm and fuzzy from her, that is what the parent is for. You will always get an extraordinarily bright PCP, that maintains accurate records, that doesn't hesitate to get you a referral if appropriate and treats your kid like it was her own. I've been taking my kids to her for at least 12 years and she keeps all mine doing just fine!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

TERRIBLE PEDIATRICIAN I WOULD RATHER DRIVE TO ANOTHER STATE THAN SEE HER AGAIN SHE IS NOT FOR CHILDREN SHED MAKE A DECENT ER DOCTOR SHE IS RUSHED AND RUDE

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

I have been taking my granddaughter to Dr. Cook for 12 years. You're never left sitting in a waiting room forever. You're called almost immediately. She doesn't overbook. She always takes the time to listen. She has always diiagnosed correctly and treated accordingly.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

*DO NOT TAKE YOUR CHILD TO THIS PHYSICIAN* First things first... You cannot get anyone to answer the phone no matter what option you choose on the recorded message when you call the practice. Secondly, the disconnect between the office staff and Doctor is atrocious! Due to their lack of communication I am out of pocket an additional $109.00 for "expertise and opinion" according to the Doctor (upon exit of the facility I was told by the office staff that everything was done at no charge per my insurance company, then two days later miraculously told that I owe an additional $109.00). The way the Doctor speaks to people is appalling... I do not speak to my dogs the way that she spoke to my child and I (in the office and on the subsequent "collection" call). I would not recommend this practice to my worst enemy! Do NOT put your child through this!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

So far I like dr.cook but she needs a new receptionist! She is extremely rude!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2014

Do not take your children here!!!! Very rude, unhelpful, unconcerned, and misdiagnosed my son!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

my daughter has been seeing this doctor for 7 years now and she is 8, now I take my son who has been seeing her for a year. She is extremely well versed in the care of children. I love the fact that she directs her questions to the children and lets them answer instead of having the parents explain everything. I have never had to sit in the waiting room for more that a few minutes. She addresses the children by their age level and talks to the adults like adults. To be honest you can tell she loves being around children and her practice centers around them not the parents. you can never tell if she is having a rough day or not because she is always polite and has a great bed side manner, with the kids and parents.I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a pediatrician.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2008

Dr. Deborah T. Cook's Credentials

• Univ Of Ms Sch Of Med, Jackson Ms 39216 (Grad. 1985)

UPMC