Ratings for Dr. Neil McGill

I had a really great experience with Dr McGill. His very knowledgable. His very succient in his method. He started very simply with a note pad then to a physical assessment after that he looked to the medical evidence. Finally summing up my condition and prognosis and putting out some further options.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr McGill is very knowledgeable and thorough, and very caring of his patients. I've been seeing him for 15 years since I was a young adult, and he has always been very supportive, and really explains things in a way that you can understand without speaking down to you. He has answers to every question I have asked, and stays across all the current developments and treatments, and has adjusted treatment of my disease as necessary for my stage in life. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

My Husband was in a lot of pain all the time we had been 2 Rheumatologist with no relief, Thanks to Dr Neil McGill he is NOW PAIN FREE.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I wish I had received help. Feel so unwell. I think I must come across badly. Not his fault. But now have know where to go.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I saw Dr Neill McGill in January of 2016 to find a solution to the widespread joint and muscle pain I had been experiencing. After a short consultation, he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, and gave me a referral to see a specialist at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. That specialist put me on medication that has reduced my fibromyalgia symptoms by 80% in the space of 4 short months. I'm very glad that Dr McGill was able to diagnose me correctly so quickly, and save me from the expense and uncertainty of undergoing a battery of tests that would have yielded negative or misleading results.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Intelligent, thoughtful, measured and interested. Dr McGill carefully read the information provided to him by his medical colleagues, listened to all that I had to say and was focused upon my condition and my treatment for the full consultation. He was efficient yet did not rush the appointment. He was prepared to explain his recommendations and to answer my questions. I felt and continue to feel very confident that my care is being provided by a seriously committed, qualified and caring specialist.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Dr. Neil McGill was extremely detailed, well informed and thorough in his examination, explanation and questions I had regarding my disease (systemic lupus erythematosus, SLE) and treatment options. I prepared a full page of questions as I've had very disappointing experiences each time I've been referred to see a specialist, the examination is always haste and there is minimal discussions or explanations about the illness or treatment options. So I wanted to be prepared especially after reading some of the experiences from this forum. I was delighted and my experience has been positive with Dr. Neil McGill. I was asked to complete some blood and urine test and a chest xray following the end of my appointment. While I was at the clinic a few doors down from Dr. Neil McGill's office, he came around and asked that I return to his office after the test were completed so he can go over the letter he will write for me in detail about my condition as he now has time. I was astounded and genuinely appreciated his dedication and commitment to his patients.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr Mcgill is a insurance company "hired gun". He is known throughout the industry as being anti-injured worker and this is reflected in his dealings. When you are sent to him insurance company is trying to deny your claim using him to write negative and biased reports even when faced with overwhelming evidence and other doctors opinion.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

Dr McGill listens very carefully and acts accordingly. I was unable to walk or perform many daily tasks 6 months ago but went for a short run at the weekend without much pain at all. He is a little dismissive of alternative therapies.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

I had been struggling with leg pain for quite a while and the diagnosis was based on a quick observation of the antisymmetric aspect of the legs. I was given a cortisone injection on the day, not in the exact location I was complaining about and was absolutely useless. No further investigation was requested.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014