Ratings for Dr. Neil McGill

I visited Neil McGill when I was first diagnosed with RA. Since then he has managed my disease from severe to remission. He is always on top of his patients health, very knowledgable and up to date with the latest medical advancements. I can not recommend him highly enough.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

McGill, should be McDill doesn't know much at all. He is a hired gun that is willing to lie openly to secure additional report writing contracts from insurance companies. He is a bully, far from impartial or objective. He has a high opinion of himself and looks down at the injured worker as if they were dirt. My advise is to protect yourself from this clown and make your own notes during his examination.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Dismissed the idea that I might have a connective tissue disorder based on what I understood to be an incomplete and inaccurate assessment of me, like he didn't seem to know anything resembling the criteria for what I was asking about at all, and in the end (falsely) diagnosed me with a benign condition that has not been a real, recognised diagnosis since before I was born. I then got multiple second opinions that confirmed that I was correct in my initial suspicion that I did have a specific genetic connective tissue disorder, and that his treatment of me was highly inadequate.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2018

Diagnosed compression of lumbar and appropriate treatment in only one visit - efficient, caring, effective and while obviously on a different intellectual plane to most, has a personable and very approachable manner in explaining thoroughly and with understanding.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

I had a really great experience with Dr McGill. His very knowledgable. His very succient in his method. He started very simply with a note pad then to a physical assessment after that he looked to the medical evidence. Finally summing up my condition and prognosis and putting out some further options.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Dr McGill is very knowledgeable and thorough, and very caring of his patients. I've been seeing him for 15 years since I was a young adult, and he has always been very supportive, and really explains things in a way that you can understand without speaking down to you. He has answers to every question I have asked, and stays across all the current developments and treatments, and has adjusted treatment of my disease as necessary for my stage in life. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

My Husband was in a lot of pain all the time we had been 2 Rheumatologist with no relief, Thanks to Dr Neil McGill he is NOW PAIN FREE.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

I wish I had received help. Feel so unwell. I think I must come across badly. Not his fault. But now have know where to go.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I saw Dr Neill McGill in January of 2016 to find a solution to the widespread joint and muscle pain I had been experiencing. After a short consultation, he diagnosed me with fibromyalgia, and gave me a referral to see a specialist at the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital. That specialist put me on medication that has reduced my fibromyalgia symptoms by 80% in the space of 4 short months. I'm very glad that Dr McGill was able to diagnose me correctly so quickly, and save me from the expense and uncertainty of undergoing a battery of tests that would have yielded negative or misleading results.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Intelligent, thoughtful, measured and interested. Dr McGill carefully read the information provided to him by his medical colleagues, listened to all that I had to say and was focused upon my condition and my treatment for the full consultation. He was efficient yet did not rush the appointment. He was prepared to explain his recommendations and to answer my questions. I felt and continue to feel very confident that my care is being provided by a seriously committed, qualified and caring specialist.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015