Ratings for Dr. James Cherry

Thanks to Dr. Cherry's excellent suggestion, my father ended up with a new heart valve . Dr. Cherry is a good follow up cardiologist. He informed us very well as to blood thinners and what they do, etc. His assistant could use some manners and not be so sarcastic all the time. She seems to be "in your face" most of the time you visit.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

My Father is deceased, Dr Cherry was his Dr. Dr Cherrys words still ring in my ears " It's between him & God, he won't be here at midnight, Im headed home and I am not on call tonight" He left the room ! My Father lived for 14 days !

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Cherry treated me when I had my heart attack. I liked his manner very much. He's very easy to talk to!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I find Dr Cherry very pleasant and reasuring, conducted lots of tests very thourough.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2013

Took my father for an check further to a referral from his family doctor. Dr. Cherry was polite (shook hands with both of us), addressed all his questions to my father (who is hard of hearing) and waited patiently for answers. As an initial meeting, I was very grateful for his relaxed, laid back manner and sense of humour (Doctors are people too). The lady at the reception desk was a bit standoffish but the efficiency with which this visit was handled is commended.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2012

I am a Nurse and had a massive heart attack this year, Dr. Cherry was my Cardiologist at Scarborough General and by dint of his knowledge and judgment, saved my life by having stents put into the heart arteries immediately. He not only saved my life but took proper after care following the cardiac angioplasty. I remain grateful for the services rendered.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2012

Very poor bedside manner. Does not take the time to get to know this patients personally. When we visit with my mom, he does not even know what meds. she is on?

flag | Submitted September 16, 2011

This doctor takes a "cutesy" view of you and your health. His bedside manner is so relaxed and light-hearted that one wonders whether or not he really cares. He put me on a huge amount of drugs for a "small heart attack" and then didn't bother to review the amounts until I asked him to. His attitude left something to be desired. Flippant, giggly and uncooperative are words that describe him. His receptionist uses questionable language and has a demeanor better suited to a Jack Astor's Bar & Grill.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2011

In the few interactions I have had with Dr. Cherry, while he has been providing care to my father, I have found him to be very sensitive, attentive, extremely respectful and both helpful and knowledgeable. He has taken the time to provide my family with the information we need to take the next difficult steps in my father's treatment, and he has done so with candor and sensitivity. He is charming,fun to laugh with and is a pleasure to partner with in my father's care. Based on my experiences with Dr. Cherry I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

I went through a PCI and am under dr Cherry's supervision.I have to ask for simple things like Rehab program etc.which should be told taken care of by his office,he is too busy to get involved

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010