Ratings for Dr. Ryan Ou

Avoid this Dr if you take yourself seriously. I was referred to Dr.Ou from 5 weeks pregnant. At that time I had spotting and severe cramping everyday . I called and asked to see the dr but the receptionist would not gave me an appointment. Instead, the receptionist prescribed me an ultrasound. yes, the receptionist prescribed me on the phone, without talking to the dr. I really don't know whether that is legal or not. My cramping and spotting got worse and worse, I went to the ER and they did blood test and Ultrasound for me. The Dr from ER asked me to follow up with Dr Ou immediately in 2 days to monitor my HCG level as he has concerns about it. With ER's recommendation I still couldn't get an appointment from the dr. The receptionist kept prescribing me ultrasound without blood test without talking to the Dr. After three ultrasound the receptionist prescribed me, after four weeks that I cried and tried to see the doctor but was not "allowed" to, I was told that my baby has passed away. Finally in my 9 weeks i got to see the dr for the first time and the only discussion happened was how do i want to deal with the "miscarriage" . Not a single discussion on what has happened to me. When I complaint to the dr that i was not given an appointment earlier, he simply shut me off and said " it was useless to see me, i can't help with anything" . I asked the doc what went wrong and he said "it was bad luck". When I pressed do we need to do some further checking the dr said "no both of you are perfectly healthy". I was shocked to hear it from a fully licensed and practiced doctor. He draw such conclusion based on NOTHING.... Our appointment only lasted about 10 mins. 9 weeks pregnancy and a miscarriage only deserves 10 mins.... The receptionist was not civilized. Every call was like a fight and insult. I didn't understand what was the problem to ask to see the dr. Who wants to see the dr if everything was OK ? Apparently the Dr acknowledged her behavior otherwise he would have fired her after so many complains. I will definitely avoid this dr. not even close to being acceptable. The Dr is too much over booked. from the only appointment I went, there were at least 4 people were booked at the same time and waiting.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr Ou literally saved my son's life - wife was having contractions and we came in at 3am - he started monitoring baby's HR then determined he needed to come out one way or another. So he walked out of the room and walked right back in with a release form for an emerg c-section. Dr. Ou didnt mix words and I thank him for the straight talk. Baby came out at 4am and would not have survived much longer with that pressure. HAD THIS DOC MIXED WORDS MY SON WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN BORN. THANK YOU DR OU.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Extremely rude receptionist! Completely uncivilized! Will be looking for another doctor! The receptionist dose not care about patient. Don't understand why dr up still use her as receptionist! worst ever!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2017

I have to say that I had a very good experience with Dr. Ou and his office staff. When I arrived doctor's office, one of the female receptionists took care of me. After I filled the form, she led me to the doctor's waiting room almost right away. She was polite and even had a short nice small talk with me. Dr. Ou is a very gentle and knowledge doctor and answered all my questions with patience. He inserted IUD for me on the same day. The whole process was about a few minutes and I didn't feel painful, which was much better than I expected.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr. Ou was my wife's OB, very experience and caring. Dr. Ou was also the one who did the C section delivery for my wife. Ultra sound shows 8.5 but came out to be a 9.3 lbs boy. Wife is recovering from a C section. Amazingly she is recovering very well from the C section, she is able to nurse for the very first night. We were so glad that Dr. Ou delivered the baby. Amazing skill!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

About the receptionist-- I have NEVER in my life encountered a more rude and disrespectful person. It bewilders me how a person with such blatant lack of customer service skills can still be employed as a front desk receptionist. So what happened? It all went down over the phone when I was sitting in my car-- I called in to try and explain that I'd be late for my appointment. But before I could even provide an explanation, her immediate response to was "Where are you!?" It took me a moment to process her aggressive tone of voice and I quickly realized that she sounded angry with me. I explained that I wrote down the wrong information and showed up at my family doctor's office rather than Dr. Ou's office. I asked if Dr. Ou still had time to see me (as I was only 15 mins away) or whether I'd have to reschedule altogether. Her response to me, and I'm barely even paraphrasing, "How is that possible? You called us to confirm your appointment a month ago, how can you make a mistake? This is unacceptable. There's no way you could have mixed up the location." At this point, she's shouting at me over the phone. I tried my best to explain that I had simply made an error. She then asks me to pass the phone to my family doctor. Me: "Why?" Receptionist: "Just let me talk to her. I need to talk her." Me: "If you want to speak to her so bad you can call her yourself-- you have her phone number." Receptionist: "I can't call her. You are there, so you can just pass the phone." Me: "No, I will not." Her: "I need to speak to the person in charge." <-- wtf??? Me: "I am the client and this is my appointment. You don't need to deal anyone but me." At this point I was in tears. Never in my life have I ever been spoken to so disrespectfully nor have I ever been scolded by a complete stranger. It was an unprecedented verbal attack that felt personal! I am an adult woman in my 20's yet she made me feel like a child who is incapable of managing my own appointments. This is my second visit to Dr. Our and definitely my last. It was quite a traumatic experience. I ended up going to the office and telling her that she has no right to talk to me the way that she did. As I predicted, she was unapologetic and had no regard to my statement. I complained to Dr. Ou who seemed embarrassed, and although he apologized for her behaviour it was not enough. "I'll talk to her," he said. Dr. Ou, if you're reading this, she is RUINING your business. I recommend that you find a new receptionist as soon as you can.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I'm so sick of the front desk receptionist and its clear that everyone here is having the same issue. She is so rude and literally hung up in my face when I ask her a question. Honestly i'm fine with Dr Ou but no pregnant lady should put up with this rudeness. I dont understand why he is still keeping her.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

I have to agree with everyone that says this receptionist is incredibly rude. My blood boils every time I have to make an appointment. She cuts you off mid-sentence and her answers are brief to the point of rudeness. She is impatiently and unfriendly. She alone makes the office feel cold and unwelcoming. Dr. Ryan always seems extremely busy and in a rush to get out of the room. I'm not asking for a gigantic welcoming sign and red carpet. But I've never felt so uncomfortable and unwelcomed in a doctor's office before. I feel as if I'm an inconvenience and annoyance to the staff.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Every time he looks like in a hurry. If you dont have a question to ask ,he will not talk

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

This is the worst and rudest receptionist that I have ever spoken to. She just keeps talking over you and sounds very impatient. As a expecting mother, It bugs me so much when a medical place where people should get genuine assistance hire a worker who is completely not compassionate and not professional.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016