Ratings for Dr. Barbra S. Hanna

Unprofessional nurse that calls with my misdiagnosis then tried to back pedal saying she never said I had it just wanted me to come PAY for another appointment to make sure I didn't. Got another opinion from my family dr. And confirmed I was ok. They keep calling me to try to come In for another appointment after misdiagnosis. Soliciting business is awful.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

I have a uterus biopsy done and I called for results and they told me that the lab lost my sample. I then found out and they later admitted that they lost my biopsy. They don't know where it is. Doctor never called me to speak to me about this. There unprofessional response from the Office Manager was "Maybe it grew legs and walked away" . I do not find that funny. Now I have to have another biopsy and it was painful and not pleasant. Not to mention I will need to wait for results again. And this doctor was already paid for the procedure by the insurance company. Wondering how we will get that money back.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2015

The staff was unable to provide the amount for the follow up visit. After the D&C, Dr. Hanna made the comment to my husband about she couldn't understand why I was so worried about having a heavy period for a month. As this happens to a lot of women. I feel that no woman should have to endure a heavy period for more than a couple of weeks.I found another doctor who was so much more understanding and actually felt she cared about me. I wish I would have read the other ratings before my initial visit with Dr. Hanna.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

Ok, Dr. Hanna knows her stuff, I will give her that. I had filled out paperwork ahead of time, but I had to wait a half hour past my appointment time. I understand this happens sometimes, but 1. I was on company time, thank goodness I have a wonderfully understanding boss, and 2. an apology would have gone a long way. My time is valuable too! People depend on me at work, just as your patient depend on you. This is small potatoes in comparison to the rest of the appointment. She was extremely judgemental when going over my medical history. I was anxious enough over this appointment; when she left (after telling me strip from the wait down) I almost cried. The only reason I didn't leave was because I know the people who care about me wanted me to get checked out. I know I've made some bad choices regarding my health, but just confirm what I've written on the form and MOVE ON. Keep non-medical based opinions to yourself, doc, please.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2010

At first she seemed personable and helpful, very friendly. But over the last year I've had a number of issues. As with the last person, I've been overbilled for services. A nurse called to give me false information on some test results and when I call to get them cleared up, she gives me false information on what I had!! I spent the weekend researching it all myself, nervous at what those results meant. After my own research my fears were put to rest but they didn't help me at ALL. After that incident I decided I wanted to switch Dr's because that had already been the "3 strikes and your out"...but I go back again after trying different pills, I finally find a pill that works, call to get more and am told I have to come in to get my blood pressure checked. They had already required I come in 4 times this year and honestly, couldn't afford another visit...to take my blood pressure for $50 charge? I don't think so. I won't be back.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009

Dr. Hanna wrote my prescription wrong for birth control pills twice in a row. This doctor also failed to inform me that I needed to have a full bladder for an ultrasound. Needless to say, it was very embarrassing and a much longer visit when I showed up for that appointment with an empty bladder! A couple of my visits weren't reported properly to my insurance company, so I had to pay much more than I expected. One appointment, the nurse opened the door and I saw people in the office waiting for their appointment. I had to be "waist down" and I was embarrassed at that as well. I was covered but I was worried my back was not covered enough. When my bill came from her office, the folded paper did not fit in the envelope provided for me.. The one positive is that this doctor was able to discover I had PCOS.. I am never going back.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

Dr. Barbra S. Hanna's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1998)

Top Hospitals in Wheaton, IL