You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Barbara A. Baker

My experience was excellent with Dr. Baker. Very respectful, and was open & willing to answer all of my questions. She administered a thyroid biopsy (which admittedly didn't feel very good) and was very proactive in ordering the right lab tests.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2015

Dr. Barbara Baker has successfully treated my hypothyroidism with both T3 & T4 thyroid hormones, which is what my body needed. She is very knowledgeable about thyroid disease. She is always on time and her staff returns phone calls promptly. After fighting this disease for 3 years, it's refreshing to find an Endo who treats your symptoms, not just your TSH number. I would highly recommend this doctor if you are suffering from thyroid disease.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

This was one of the worst experiences of my life. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and to top it all off i found out in the middle of my course that it was being grossly mismanaged by Dr. Baker. She has poor bedside manner as well as poor communication skills but these are belittled by her inability to follow defined treatment protocols. I feel like my disease process was more difficult for having her as my physician. Lastly I felt alone in regards to the fact that i stopped medications on my own no reminders, i called lab orders in to her office on the proper dates without any reminders. Her staff is impossible to get ahold of and she only calls pts back once a day. I would not wish this sort of treatment on my worse enemy. Find another endocrinologist. Trust me it will be worth it.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer and Dr. Baker was AWFUL! She had her nurse call me, rather than tell me the diagnosis herself. When I called back to ask questions, she acted annoyed. This was a tough enough thing to go through as is, but Dr. Baker definitely made it worse. I recently switched endocrinologists and it was a night and day doctor. Do NOT go to Dr. Baker if you have the choice.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

Compared to my PCP this woman is a blessing. She seems focused and did engage in a relevant conversation with me about my symptoms. I have had no problems with any of my visits with her. Frankly, if she can make me feel better then I couldn't care less about bedside manner (I actually thought hers was fine). I have hypothyroidism but it came to light that there are other symptoms so rather than write me off as a dissatisfied thyroid sufferer, she tested me for other unconventional conditions. Only God knows why, but my PCP wouldn't do that for me even after years of complaints. It is my opinion that this Dr. is worth visiting if you are unhappy with your current Dr.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

Dr. Baker is VERY knowledgable!!! She is awsome, very thorough, and answered ALL my questions. She found out was wrong and fixed it. LOVE HER

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

Absolutely no bedside mannor! I can't even say of she is knowledgable because she brushes off important questions. She has no compassion. I have been to many appts with her and nothing has ever changed. Its time for a change. A Dr change!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2010

This is truly the worst specialist I have EVER dealt with, bar none. If I asked questions, I got totally brushed off and it was clear I had exceeded my alotted 15 minutes. My concerns were never addressed and after years of ignored issues, I finally became very ill, required surgery and promptly found another (luckily better) doctor. F- if you have thyroid issues.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

Very knowledgeable; prompt messages; timely refills; not late for appts.; NO bedside manner. Her demeanor is short, business-like on every visit. Not much of a sense of humor. She knows her stuff though! I respect her!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2008

I respect Dr. Barbara Baker. She is very efficient and professional. I like that she explains each step as she examines you.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

Dr. Barbara A. Baker's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1977)

Pacificare

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience was excellent with Dr. Baker. Very respectful, and was open & willing to answer all of my questions. She administered a thyroid biopsy (which admi..."

December 5, 2015
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=88116'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.4

February 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=88116'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 5, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Barbara" to "Barbara A."

April 8, 2012